BL Black Team Challenge Week #2

Options

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I went to the gym tonight and did extra work on my abs!!! Thanks MARLA for the fabulous suggestion!! I'm feelin the burrrrrrrrrrrrrrn! :mad: :laugh:

Have a good night everyone!!

Great job on your abb work! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Okay, I knew they would have something on youtube, check this out. Don't do too many or you will be sore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o

I'm back again Miss Anna Banana! I tried this last night with my roommate and we LOVED it. Way more than crunches and planks. You really CAN feel it but it's fun, plain and simple. Haha. I wanted to thank you for pointing me in this direction, I wouldn't have figured this one out on my own.

Now I'm happy about the ab challenge! YAY. Let's throw some people around! :happy: :happy:

OH! I have a joke for everyone! When I did my weight training with the personal trainer she says to me: Using your body weight is the best thing you can do in any weight training.

And I responded; Do you REALIZE I weigh 230 lbs? Can I just throw some skinny person around instead?

Hee hee. OKAY OKAY, no more stalling, off to they gym!!! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious, Nicky! Did he think it was funny or did he just :indifferent:

No ab work for me last night. I took a BIG off day & dropped a pound. WTH? The off day was on purpose & part of my sneaky, sneaky paln...20 min. AbJam dvd this afternoon & situp challenge with hubby tonight!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a couple variations of plank for you to try. While on your for arms and in plank, slowly lower your knees (I go down counting to 3), let them "kiss" the floor then lift them back up.

While in plank you can also alternate touching your knees to the floor.

I sometimes do on my hands with my arms extended. Then slowly turn to a T stand. To do this you slowly lift one arm till it points to the sky and twist at your legs. Make sure to keep your body straight. Hold for ten (or as long as you can). Slowly lower are and repeat on other side. I will do 3 sets of 10 on each side.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    OOoohhh...anna. that's one of the moves in my dvd. Tough stuff. I like that one a lot, though.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Morning-- !!!!!! Great job everyone-- "I want YOU to have rock hard tummies!!!!!! "

Okay, trivia question-- which fitness flake is responsible for the above quote. (and it isn't me-- )
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Morning-- !!!!!! Great job everyone-- "I want YOU to have rock hard tummies!!!!!! "

Okay, trivia question-- which fitness flake is responsible for the above quote. (and it isn't me-- )

Ummm....Susan Somers?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Would it be Denise Austin?

Here is a youtube on side plank or what some call T stand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1QxM9lehY&feature=related

Much funner than crunches.
  • Marla64
    Options
    DING DING DING DING--

No more calls-- we have a winner-- Denise Austin.

As your prize, Anna, you can do one extra set of abs today so you CAN have a rock hard tummy!!!

:wink:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Sooo last night I get back from the gym and I tell the DW that our team challenge is ab work but I don't really know what I should do so I figure I will do some crunches. Then she says the last words in the world I wanted to hear. "We have a Tae Bo Ab boot camp dvd." Now I despise Billy Blanks. Not because he is a bad guy or because he says weird things like "Imaginary this." It's mostly because he makes my whole body hurt sooo badly that I want to die. Well here is my wife holding 35 mins of Tae Bo hell that focuses on your abs. I did about half of it as a starting point. I have to work my way up to the whole 35 mins. Is it next week yet? lol :ohwell:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is finding the plank too easy (hard for me to believe - they kill me), you can also start in a plank and then stay in position with your body but put the toe of one leg on the heel of the other (stacking on top of each other). Hold that for a while, go back to start, then try the other leg..

The core must work harder to stabilize the change in position and the one point balance in the lower body.. Killer!! :devil: :devil:

I did no abs yesterday, but did do extra cardio. Will do double abs today..

janiebeth...
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LMBO! Spyguy, you are too much. Thank your wife from all of us for pushing you to do Billy! I would love Billy if he didn't have annoying people behind him chanting "one two three four.." Oy! Good for you for doing it AFTER the gym! That is awesome!

Anna - glad i didn't guess right! hehe
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I did 60 crunches! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON IN HERE???
    :laugh: :laugh:

Also I can barely do thirty seconds of the regular plank so I think I'll just stick to doing it the normal way. :noway:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Now I'm happy about the ab challenge! YAY. Let's throw some people around! :happy: :happy:

OH! I have a joke for everyone! When I did my weight training with the personal trainer she says to me: Using your body weight is the best thing you can do in any weight training.

And I responded; Do you REALIZE I weigh 230 lbs? Can I just throw some skinny person around instead?

Hee hee. OKAY OKAY, no more stalling, off to they gym!!! :drinker:

I LOLed! I'd have been thinking "... like, maybe ... starting with you?!?" :devil:

I'm not sure my legs would go back up if someone threw them down. But maybe I'll try it tomorrow or Saturday. Tonight is Zumba and I have to save some energy for that since I haven't been in a couple of months! Yes, my tookas is going to be toast. :noway: :noway: :noway: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options

No ab work for me last night. I took a BIG off day & dropped a pound. WTH? The off day was on purpose & part of my sneaky, sneaky paln...20 min. AbJam dvd this afternoon & situp challenge with hubby tonight!

Woo HOO on the pound gone, Sara! YAY! :happy: :drinker: :happy: Isn't it odd that we have to outsmart our own bodies? Weird.:ohwell:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Okay, I have a couple variations of plank for you to try. While on your for arms and in plank, slowly lower your knees (I go down counting to 3), let them "kiss" the floor then lift them back up.

While in plank you can also alternate touching your knees to the floor.

I sometimes do on my hands with my arms extended. Then slowly turn to a T stand. To do this you slowly lift one arm till it points to the sky and twist at your legs. Make sure to keep your body straight. Hold for ten (or as long as you can). Slowly lower are and repeat on other side. I will do 3 sets of 10 on each side.
    bow.gifbow.gifbow.gif
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Woo HOO on the pound gone, Sara! YAY! :happy: :drinker: :happy: Isn't it odd that we have to outsmart our own bodies? Weird.:ohwell:

Hey, Tresa! I'm hoping it doesn't show up again tomorrow morning. I'll be :brokenheart: Good luck to your tookas this evening at Zumba!
  • nickybr38
    Options

Oh yeah! She laughed, but then she was like: NO. DO IT. ):
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Sooo last night I get back from the gym and I tell the DW that our team challenge is ab work but I don't really know what I should do so I figure I will do some crunches. Then she says the last words in the world I wanted to hear. "We have a Tae Bo Ab boot camp dvd." Now I despise Billy Blanks. Not because he is a bad guy or because he says weird things like "Imaginary this." It's mostly because he makes my whole body hurt sooo badly that I want to die. Well here is my wife holding 35 mins of Tae Bo hell that focuses on your abs. I did about half of it as a starting point. I have to work my way up to the whole 35 mins. Is it next week yet? lol :ohwell:

I'm impressed that you even TRIED it after coming home from the gym! That's pretty awesome! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I never got into the whole Taebo thing all those years ago when it first came out and hadn't really ever seen it until this Christmas when I got some fitness dvds and a Billy Blanks one was among them ... ultimate fat blaster or some such. I thought I'd watch it while safely ellipticaling and must say it got on my nerves BIG time... looked too much like gym class for me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Plus, he kept saying the same inane things over and over again ... Ok the truth is that it looked FAR to hard for me ... :laugh: :laugh: :noway:

I think I'll stick with dance-y stuff. I'm too old for gym class! :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay, so I have to defend Mr. Blanks-- I love this guy. He makes me want to weep with how sweet he is at the end-- "Don't say I can't-- yes, you can." I love it-- and don't listen to Sara. She's just an old crank-- heck, she doesn't even like Elmo. How can you trust a woman who gets annoyed by Elmo?