• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Anna, that sounds kinky.:indifferent:

Lately that's about as kinky as I get.:smokin:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Okay, I knew they would have something on youtube, check this out. Don't do too many or you will be sore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o

Is it crazy that I think that looks fun? I'm going to see if I can convince my roommate to try it with me.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, I knew they would have something on youtube, check this out. Don't do too many or you will be sore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o

Is it crazy that I think that looks fun? I'm going to see if I can convince my roommate to try it with me.

Na, that's not crazy. I actually like to do them. But them make me so sore:grumble:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dave suggested one where you lay kinda of in a pushup position. But instead of resting on your hands, rest on you forearm. Then hold your body up with your toes (like a push-up). So only your toes and forearms are touching the ground. Just hold that position. He said for added difficulty, put a medicine ball in the small of your back.

Another Dave suggestion is sitting back to back with someone and passing a medicine ball. Pass it to your left and they'll grab it on their right. Then they do it the same way. So you pass the ball in circles to work your obliques (sp?). Dave said he was in the fat group in the navy so he knows lots of excercises. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Dave suggested one where you lay kinda of in a pushup position. But instead of resting on your hands, rest on you forearm. Then hold your body up with your toes (like a push-up). So only your toes and forearms are touching the ground. Just hold that position. He said for added difficulty, put a medicine ball in the small of your back.

they are called planks and they are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so HARD!!!!! Try one and that is all you will have to do!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my friend was visiting from MA and we did abs on the beach!! We did Pilates type ab work and she showed me some yoga moves. Fun to watch ppl watching US!!

Specially the drunken bum that kept walking up to us asking if we were "Sceretching out maximus!!" I thought it was hilarious cuz of well MAX.....she thought it was funny cuz he was spraying me with spit when he said it. Good thing salt water disinfects!!

:drinker:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    they are called planks and they are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so HARD!!!!! Try one and that is all you will have to do!:laugh:

I thought they didn't sound hard so I tried one. :sad: :sad: :sad:
    Wow. WHY IS THAT SO HARD????
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oh my...I am totally sitting this one out...:sad:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Oh my...I am totally sitting this one out...:sad:

If I can do it so can you!!! I hate HATE ab work but I'm up for a challenge!!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ok everybody ... I still feel like crap and I just got done with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 50 crunches & 50 oblique crunches on the stability ball. If I can do it ... so can you!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bat_symbol.gif
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

because our core muscles SUCK!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • tresa1234
    Options

because our core muscles SUCK!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Okay, I'm going to go try one. Back in a minute. :wink:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Wow ... no WONDER pirates used to punish people with the plank!

Or ... was that something else?

000202EE.gif

Alrighty ... must admit ... exercising did make me feel better. I know this. Why don't I remember it EVER? :grumble:
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just tried the laying on your back with your legs crossed and I cannot believe how much you can feel that in your abs. Holy moly!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    ABS!!!!??? :noway: ABS!???? :noway: WHY GOD WHY!!?!!?!??!!!!?!?!? :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    :angry: :angry: :explode: :explode: :explode: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Allright!!!!! Allright!!!!! I'll do it! :ohwell:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    ABS!!!!??? :noway: ABS!???? :noway: WHY GOD WHY!!?!!?!??!!!!?!?!? :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    :angry: :angry: :explode: :explode: :explode: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Allright!!!!! Allright!!!!! I'll do it! :ohwell:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm missing out tonight I feel like I'm gonna barf tonight so no abs for me. I'll do double tomorrow!!

I :heart: ABS!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    The plank is what my 13 year old had me doing and I thought I was doing to collapse. We also did the leg cross one and my legs thudded to the floor each time with just a little push. :grumble:

This is a good but bad challenge for me!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 200 situps thingy, it's a great program to build up your crunching abilities. www.twohundredsitups.com No time like the black team challenge to start it-- baby steps!

Think I am going to go repeat the work I did at 5 am. And some planks, too those are killer! I've also got a lateral thigh strider that seems to work my obliques.

Lynnie
    Who is loving the little chihuahua on her lap.
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym tonight and did extra work on my abs!!! Thanks MARLA for the fabulous suggestion!! I'm feelin the burrrrrrrrrrrrrrn! :mad: :laugh:

Have a good night everyone!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Ok everybody ... I still feel like crap and I just got done with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 50 crunches & 50 oblique crunches on the stability ball. If I can do it ... so can you!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bat_symbol.gif

YOU GO GIRL....GET THAT ABB WORK IN! mmmm,that reminds me....i next time i need to do some oblique work too,i just hate doing them:tongue:

Im hearing talk of planks....OMG, NO...NO PLANKS. :sick: (ok,maybe one or two:ohwell: )

OK, on a serious note...I will work my abbs monday, wednesdays and fridays....but im putting my foot down after that:wink::happy: :laugh: :tongue: