30 day unbiased Shakeology review

Options

Replies

• gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Inform your self thats all and its not spam and it changes lives and Discovery channel did a documentary on Moringa Oleifera. Go to www.pubmed.gov

There are over 16,000 medical reports documenting Moringa's effectiveness for over 300 diseases and ailments. National Institute of Health named Moringa the Tree of the Year in 2008. And research shows it arrests, reverses and cures over 300 diseases in the world. To name just a few, lupus, fibromyalgia, crohn's, MS, IBS, edema, arthritis, tendonitis, ADD, asthma, epilepsy, ulcers, bronchitis, prostate, diabetes, cholesterol, thyroid, digestion, migraines, blood pressure, hormones, liver conditions, kidney function, malnutrition.

Um...there's a Tree of the Year contest?
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for this review!! I was just on ebay yesterday looking at shakeology. I would like to try it but it is expensive!! Congrats on your weight loss!! Keep up the great work!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Umm.. wake up and smell the sales people. :laugh:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

Thanks for your input!!!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Inform your self thats all and its not spam and it changes lives and Discovery channel did a documentary on Moringa Oleifera. Go to www.pubmed.gov

There are over 16,000 medical reports documenting Moringa's effectiveness for over 300 diseases and ailments. National Institute of Health named Moringa the Tree of the Year in 2008. And research shows it arrests, reverses and cures over 300 diseases in the world. To name just a few, lupus, fibromyalgia, crohn's, MS, IBS, edema, arthritis, tendonitis, ADD, asthma, epilepsy, ulcers, bronchitis, prostate, diabetes, cholesterol, thyroid, digestion, migraines, blood pressure, hormones, liver conditions, kidney function, malnutrition.

I thought Birch got robbed in 08.

If Moringa's all that, why hasn't it won ToY in 4-5 years?
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm all for people doing whatever works for them - - but I personally will not do SlimFast or any other diet drink - still traumatized by my Mom making me take Sego for lunch everyday in the 2nd grade (old 70s version of SlimFast)
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I've gotta feeling 2013 is going to be Eucalyptus' year to take it all!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love Herbalifes pumpking spice it is yummy but u can only get it around christmas time so I always hoard a bunch...has anyone tried Jay robbs protein shakes?

I have a friend who swears by the Jay Robb's protein shakes. I haven't been able to find them around where I am, but when I do I'll definitely be buying it, because usually I find her recommendations right on the money :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

No way! Eucalyptus is such a dirty tree. This year belongs to either the broad leaf cottonwood or the green ash.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

I have to agree with this. Also my biggest issue with Shakeology is it only has 18 grams of protein, about half of what other good quality protein shakes have that are on the market right now. My suggestion is if you like it add 1/2 cup egg whites to it get to more protein. It adds a few calories but not much and no fat or carbs.

I like Maxium Vibrance better though it does not have flavors, it is more a green/red food protein base to add to other flavored high quality protein protein powders (like Sunwarrior) which don't have a vitamin profile. My goal is 30 grams of protein with as much green/red food products as I can get if I am going to do a shake. I also add MCT to my shakes because it is an amazing fat to add to your diet. I also add some fiber, like Chocolate Decadence from Spectrum. Chia and Hemp are great fiber add ons.

No these are not cheap either, but neither are the ingredients. I have found that many "all in one" products are high on price, low on quality. So I just pick the best stuff I can find and make my own shakes. I don't mind spending money if the quality is good, after all these shakes do replace food so if you are not buying food in the long run you are about even.

I say all this but if Shakeology works for you do it, just add more protein. Because you need it if you are working out.
  • sdxicana
    sdxicana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love hearing these reviews, it's so helpful. I just did become a BB Coach myself, but I am just about to try Shakeology for the first time. I'm looking forward to buying it because it would be nice to actually provide people with a real life experience of it. But reading the real life reviews here really helps me feel good about tyring it for the first time =)
  • Yauren1990
    Options
    I just tried 3 samples from a BB coach and I really enjoyed the taste and felt great. I noticed the difference in my energy levels and the lack of cravings I had when I started my day with the shake. Seeing these reviews and also looking at the price, I am trying to decide if I should continue with the Shakeology, OR find a different product to help with the cravings and energy. All these reviews have been really helpful!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options

No way! Eucalyptus is such a dirty tree. This year belongs to either the broad leaf cottonwood or the green ash.

Maple, FTW!!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    First let me get the disclaimers out of the way...

* I am not a beachbody coach
    * I do not have any friends or family who are beachbody coaches
    * I do not want a beachbody coach so please do not request me
    * I bought my shakeology off of Ebay

I started using shakeology on Aug 17th as a meal replacement. The first time I used it I thought it was terrible tasting. I googled a few recipes and found a way to make it taste better. After a few days my taste buds adjusted and it tastes pretty good now.

It did not "make" me lose weight. I lost weight because I had a calorie deficit.

However, it took away all my unhealthy carb and sweet cravings.
    It gave me more energy.
    It's a quick and easy meal that doesn't take much thought.
    I no longer want fast food. (that's a huge pitfall for me)

I have lost 16 pound in the last 30 days. I have a lot to lose and I just started so obviously I lost more because of water weight ect... but I do give all the credit for helping me stick to this new lifestyle to shakeology.

I'm writing this because when I was researching I could not find a lot of reviews from non-coaches. So to anyone in a similar situation...
    I love shakeology.
    I will continue to use it everyday.
    Yes I think it's expensive but I think it's worth every penny.
    It is definitely helping me on this journey.

*my recipe... 1 scoop chocolate flavor, 1 c. water, 1/3 c. almond milk, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, ice. Blend in magic bullet.

Congrats to you on the weight loss. If you are concerned about the price, I would not hesitate to buy a different whey protein that you can get at a fraction of the cost. If not and it's working for you, keep it up.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'll ADMIT, I used Shakeology When I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter back in 2010-2011

It offered me extra nutrition (not to lose weight)

I then thought it was too expensive...I bought it from a coach who later got really mad at me when I cancelled my account.

I then switched to Slim Fast 3-2-1 shakes (for the same nutrition)

I got over my Eating Disorder from all of this and in the end, I got a beautiful healthy baby girl. Who will be 2 this September.

Not a fan of the flavor..I had to add extra "goodies" to it to make it taste better. IMO I think it tastes like chalk.

Next pregnancy, I'm using Whey Protein...yep its safe for pregnancies =)
  • geminijo04
    geminijo04 Posts: 31
    Options
    I just started Shakeology 2 weeks ago and I'm just wondering how long did it take for you to start seeing a big difference in your energy level, reduced cravings, weight loss, etc.? Also, did you make any other changes in your diet?

BUMP!

I am curious about the same thing! I started Shakeology 2 weeks ago & am wondering the same! When do you see a diff in weight loss, energy, etc. HELP!!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    been looking for an unbiased review. I find it interesting and intriguing . . . . Here's my opinion . . . I'm not big into sweet things for meals. SO, if they ever start making a meatloaf flavored shakeology . . . I'm SO there!.

:laugh: Amen there
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just started Shakeology 2 weeks ago and I'm just wondering how long did it take for you to start seeing a big difference in your energy level, reduced cravings, weight loss, etc.? Also, did you make any other changes in your diet?

BUMP!

I am curious about the same thing! I started Shakeology 2 weeks ago & am wondering the same! When do you see a diff in weight loss, energy, etc. HELP!!

Perhaps you're coming to the realization that you wasted your money on something that isn't as magical as you're lead to believe
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I am new to this healthy lifestyle thing and I'm open to suggestions. This is the first shake I've ever tried (other than slimfast about 10 yrs ago :laugh: )
    Do you have recommendations for something better? I like what I have so far but if something works better for others I'm interested...

Then...
    Thanks for your input and I may consider that in the future but as you can see from my starting weight I have a long way to go and for right now I'm going to stick to what's working. And 16 pounds in 30 days feels pretty good to me :)

Seems like the OP isn't open to suggestions and is just going to stick to what "works"...which is basically during that time you kept to a calorie deficit for which you are giving credit to a product when the same results can be made with any other product or just food in general.

Shakeology has no magical properties, there are several articles and discussions on this site and elsewhere that will...for those with an open mind...prove that Shakeology isn't the be all end all.

However..if the OP wants to drop more money for a product, more power to them. I personally drink a protein shake M-F in the morning because it's easy to grab and go, on the weekends I prefer other stuff such as omelettes n such. I don't attribute any amount of weight loss to a particular food or shake or product, I attribute weight loss to calorie deficit.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    First let me get the disclaimers out of the way...

* I am not a beachbody coach
    * I do not have any friends or family who are beachbody coaches
    * I do not want a beachbody coach so please do not request me
    * I bought my shakeology off of Ebay

I started using shakeology on Aug 17th as a meal replacement. The first time I used it I thought it was terrible tasting. I googled a few recipes and found a way to make it taste better. After a few days my taste buds adjusted and it tastes pretty good now.

It did not "make" me lose weight. I lost weight because I had a calorie deficit.

However, it took away all my unhealthy carb and sweet cravings.
    It gave me more energy.
    It's a quick and easy meal that doesn't take much thought.
    I no longer want fast food. (that's a huge pitfall for me)

I have lost 16 pound in the last 30 days. I have a lot to lose and I just started so obviously I lost more because of water weight ect... but I do give all the credit for helping me stick to this new lifestyle to shakeology.

I'm writing this because when I was researching I could not find a lot of reviews from non-coaches. So to anyone in a similar situation...
    I love shakeology.
    I will continue to use it everyday.
    Yes I think it's expensive but I think it's worth every penny.
    It is definitely helping me on this journey.

*my recipe... 1 scoop chocolate flavor, 1 c. water, 1/3 c. almond milk, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, ice. Blend in magic bullet.

if you change it to frozen banana, ground flax seeds, peanut butter, and met rx protein powder.... you will save $$$$$