Gutless Gutters Challenge 1/8/09

Options

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Good morning GG!!

You started this thread with cat like speed Kellchie! I bow to you grasshopper.:laugh:
    Sorry you forgot your phone and purse but at least you remembered your pants. I think AWTY has you beat though.:laugh:

Great job 3BabyBeans!! Upping calories really does work. I've tried that tactic MANY times, happily of course, and it has worked every time!

Yesterday was a great day calorie wise. I was good. Did my Shred and about an hour of yoga. Upped my crunches to about 450, as I was beginning to not feel anything anymore. I have 5 more pounds to make it to my Valentine's Day goal. Woo Hoo!!!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!:flowerforyou:

I think its the use of my smilies :blushing: It makes it colorful...interesting :bigsmile: Yup...pants are on :drinker:

WOWZERS!!! I was happy doing 200 crunches :laugh: You rock Soupy speedmetal.gif

Keep it up :drinker: You're already beautiful though crush.gif

That is definitely it. There's only one queen smiley user in this town and she just so happens to be the coolest chick to ever set foot on MFP.speedmetal.gif
    Give it up for Kellch y'all!!!!

During the summer I was up to 800 crunches.:noway:
    I stopped doing them and couldn't do that many in a day if someone paid me.:indifferent:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone...I need a good swift kick here...

Some of you have amazing amounts of time put into working out...HOW???

And also...I need to push myself...I know my body can do more, for longer, but how I can force myself to keep going...

Thanks for all your helpful advice! :flowerforyou:

Theresa - I'm a stay at home mom so I squeeze in my exercise whenever I can. 5 am, naptime, after bed, etc... I have a set goal for the day & I try my hardest to achieve it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I guess my big thing with pushing myself is goals as well. Set a goal for yourself & that way you'll have a "reason" to keep pushing your body. HTH! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

And also...I need to push myself...I know my body can do more, for longer, but how I can force myself to keep going...

Wellllllll.........I really don't have the time :grumble: I work 50-60 hours a week and by the time I get home I have 3 hours til bedtime (and I just can't get myself to do workouts at 4am...I am NOT a morning person...AT ALL :angry: ) But I come home, have a quick snack so I'm fueled for the workout, do my cardio, then walk the dog to cool down, after that I shower and go straight to bed. Not much "me" time anymore other than my workouts. But I actually am to the point now that I enjoy my workout and walk with the dog instead of watching TV. I do give myself one night a week to veg out. I used to do it on Monday so I can watch Prison Break. But that's over for the season :frown: So this week I just relaxed on Tuesday because my body was sooooo sore. You just have to find the time. Even if its 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there. It all adds up. You can do it :drinker: :flowerforyou:

And Good Morning :smooched:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

Thank you, Soupy! :smooched: This was the first time I really tried it. I think I have a fat & sugar hangover. :laugh: Good job! You can make those 5# go away by Vday! I know you can! :flowerforyou:

Cuz she believes in me! 366_singer.gif
    Thanks girl.

Careful driving today with that hangover.:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Thank you, Soupy! :smooched: This was the first time I really tried it. I think I have a fat & sugar hangover. :laugh: Good job! You can make those 5# go away by Vday! I know you can! :flowerforyou:

Thanks girl.

Crap...now I have a hangover AND Kenny Rogers singing in my ear. :grumble: :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    I ate all but 23 calories yesterday.

In other news, I got into in fight with a donut yesterday. I had to stop at the store after work to get batteries and batteries only, I don't know what possessed me to walk buy the baked goods.

I had my eye on a doughnut, grabbed a bag to put it in then suddenly I don't know what came over me. I literally gave it the finger and said "F" you out loud. I looked up and saw the baker staring at me. I smiled and walked away.

I'm such a dope but I didn't buy that doughnut that was whispering my name.

I don't think I can ever go back to that store....at least I'll be too embarassed to walk by the bakery again.

Lisa

bwahaharoll.gif
    bwahaharoll.gif
    bwahaharoll.gif

You literally just made me spit my coffee on my keyboard....and laugh out loud :laugh: WTG on not buying that doughnut girlie :drinker: :smooched:

:laugh: :tongue:

Good Morning! :smooched:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

Thanks girl.

Crap...now I have a hangover AND Kenny Rogers singing in my ear. :grumble: :laugh:

I have just the thing then to get your mind off of Kenny Rogers.

I like big butts and I cannot lie
    Some other brothers might deny.

{snicker}
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist & a round thing in yo' face..

:blushing:

Phew. That DID make Kenny go away. Thanks! LOL
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    [/quote]

Theresa - I'm a stay at home mom so I squeeze in my exercise whenever I can. 5 am, naptime, after bed, etc... I have a set goal for the day & I try my hardest to achieve it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I guess my big thing with pushing myself is goals as well. Set a goal for yourself & that way you'll have a "reason" to keep pushing your body. HTH! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thanks! I think setting a daily goal of time and effort is a good idea. :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Do you ladies eat your calories burned for the day? Does that make sense? I guess if you have 1200 cal and you burn 500cal, do you then eat 1700cal that day?

Yes because there is already a 500 calorie deficit built in.......where's the link to that article by Banksie y_thinking.gif

BRB
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I ate all but 23 calories yesterday.

In other news, I got into in fight with a donut yesterday. I had to stop at the store after work to get batteries and batteries only, I don't know what possessed me to walk buy the baked goods.

I had my eye on a doughnut, grabbed a bag to put it in then suddenly I don't know what came over me. I literally gave it the finger and said "F" you out loud. I looked up and saw the baker staring at me. I smiled and walked away.

I'm such a dope but I didn't buy that doughnut that was whispering my name.

I don't think I can ever go back to that store....at least I'll be too embarassed to walk by the bakery again.

Lisa
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lpadilla75
    Options

I cheat. I get paid to workout 6 days a week.

<--teaches aerobics

Since I'm already there I incorporate my workout routines after class. I can't use my classes as my main form of working out, it would be unfair to my members. I'm there to give them a good workout but my main focus is watching proper form, give motivation and entertain them for an hour.
  • kellch
    Options
    Kellch~ I would die if I left my purse and phone at home. A couple of weeks ago I noticed I forgot my cell phone and I turned around, I was already 2min from work. Luckily I don't live too far from work.

Yes....I feel naked :embarassed: without it :sad: :sad: :sad: But I live 30 minutes away and I was already 4 minuts late today embarrassed.gif I was tempted to turn around but I knew I couldn't since I was so close to work already :sad: :sad: I'll go get it at lunch :drinker: :smokin:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    [/quote]

Wellllllll.........I really don't have the time :grumble: I work 50-60 hours a week and by the time I get home I have 3 hours til bedtime (and I just can't get myself to do workouts at 4am...I am NOT a morning person...AT ALL :angry: ) But I come home, have a quick snack so I'm fueled for the workout, do my cardio, then walk the dog to cool down, after that I shower and go straight to bed. Not much "me" time anymore other than my workouts. But I actually am to the point now that I enjoy my workout and walk with the dog instead of watching TV. I do give myself one night a week to veg out. I used to do it on Monday so I can watch Prison Break. But that's over for the season :frown: So this week I just relaxed on Tuesday because my body was sooooo sore. You just have to find the time. Even if its 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there. It all adds up. You can do it :drinker: :flowerforyou:

And Good Morning :smooched:
    [/quote]

Thanks Kellch! As 3babybeans suggested, setting a goal for myself in this area is needed. And, like you said, 10 minutes here and there, do add up. It's just hard for me to wrap my lil brain around...I'm more of a "have to be a the Y for so long to make a difference" kinda gal. Definitely some things to think about...Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Urgg...:explode: sorry I keep messing up the quotes...just goes to show I've been away for too long!
  • kellch
    Options
    Good morning GG!!

You started this thread with cat like speed Kellchie! I bow to you grasshopper.:laugh:
    Sorry you forgot your phone and purse but at least you remembered your pants. I think AWTY has you beat though.:laugh:

Great job 3BabyBeans!! Upping calories really does work. I've tried that tactic MANY times, happily of course, and it has worked every time!

Yesterday was a great day calorie wise. I was good. Did my Shred and about an hour of yoga. Upped my crunches to about 450, as I was beginning to not feel anything anymore. I have 5 more pounds to make it to my Valentine's Day goal. Woo Hoo!!!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!:flowerforyou:

I think its the use of my smilies :blushing: It makes it colorful...interesting :bigsmile: Yup...pants are on :drinker:

WOWZERS!!! I was happy doing 200 crunches :laugh: You rock Soupy speedmetal.gif

Keep it up :drinker: You're already beautiful though crush.gif

That is definitely it. There's only one queen smiley user in this town and she just so happens to be the coolest chick to ever set foot on MFP.speedmetal.gif
    Give it up for Kellch y'all!!!!

During the summer I was up to 800 crunches.:noway:
    I stopped doing them and couldn't do that many in a day if someone paid me.:indifferent:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Journal Entry 1/8/09:

Soupy says I am the coolest chick EVER....I think she wants me :blushing: writing.gif
    (psssst....you already have me wink_an.gif)

WOW 400...you probably have a flat stomache too drool.gif I'm so jealous :tongue:
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Do you ladies eat your calories burned for the day? Does that make sense? I guess if you have 1200 cal and you burn 500cal, do you then eat 1700cal that day?

Yes because there is already a 500 calorie deficit built in.......where's the link to that article by Banksie y_thinking.gif

BRB

That's what I have been doing. Working out is easy for me, it's watching why I eat that makes things difficult for me.
    I tend to burn quite of bit of calories at the gym. I want to make sure I'm doing this right.
  • Theresa35
    Options

I cheat. I get paid to workout 6 days a week.

<--teaches aerobics

Since I'm already there I incorporate my workout routines after class. I can't use my classes as my main form of working out, it would be unfair to my members. I'm there to give them a good workout but my main focus is watching proper form, give motivation and entertain them for an hour.

Lisa, that's great on the teaching...always thought it would be fun! And thanks so much for sharing your donut story...I'd like to give the same to Taco Bell...:laugh:
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Theresa~ I have lots of fun teaching. I can't believe I get paid to have fun. I really do think working out can be fun, course I act like a fool and they eat it up.

Somtimes I do struggle to get to the gym but feel so much better afterwards. I love that feeling.
  • hollymires
    Options
    HOW DO YOU GET ALL OF THOSE CUTE EMOTICONS? oops caps :) I want them!!! :bigsmile: