Natural food better than vaccinations?

Options

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    WAIT! I WAS WRONG

Based on your reasoning, we should never give our children tylenol. After all....
    "Acetaminophen causes three times as many cases of liver failure as all other drugs combined, [1] and is the most common cause of acute liver failure in the United States,[2] accounting for 39% of cases"

Well.. that's ok I suppose. You could give them Advil to reduce their fever. WAIT I WAS WRONG
    "In 2007, the manufacturer added an adverse effect warning to Advil's packaging and website informing consumers "[Advil] may cause stomach bleeding,"[3] after the FDA demanded changes"

Well... I wonder what type of medication commonly used today we could use that doesn't have any sort of risk associated with it...

Hmm... I can't think of any. Maybe we should all NOT have children so that we don't expose them to the risk of potential side effects from using life saving medication.

I guess we all better go on the pill.

OMG WAIT! That means I take the risk of having Venous thromboembolism (which can cause a massive stroke), Cancer (that sounds bad!), Weight Gain, Depression, Hypertension, and all sorts of other crazy risks.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE.

Having a BABY has higher risks of injury or death than taking the pill! [5]

[1]http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9501E4D81130F933A1575AC0A9649C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2
    [2]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/health/27awar.html?_r=1
    [3]http://www.advilpm.com/faq.asp
    [4] Blanco-Molina, A; Monreal, M (2010 Feb). "Venous thromboembolism in women taking hormonal contraceptives.". Expert review of cardiovascular therapy 8 (2): 211–5. doi:10.1586/erc.09.175. PMID 20136607.
    [5] Crooks, Robert L. and Karla Baur (2005). Our Sexuality. Belmont, CA: Thomson Wadsworth. ISBN 0-534-65176-3.

Well.. I guess we all better go back to living in caves

You can point out all the risks associated with everything but vaccinations ! I personally do not medicate my children with Advil or Tylenol unless there is a medical need - to date my 18month old has NEVER been adminstered either one! I also am not on birth control ... and I guess birth is risky so I agree you should stop having babies :)

Oh and just to be clear a FEVER is not a sympton that needs treating in healthy children it is a normal part of the bodies immune system !

Yeah, until said fever starts cooking their brain and the body's proteins. Buyaka!!
  • servilia
    Options
    Ok that does it ! I am done with this thread apparently it is not only okay to inject TOXINS into your infants body it is also okay to drug them to cover up any symptons that may arise due to those toxins you injected ! That is just beyond anything I can consider normal.

If vaccinations cause no harm then there should be no need for a medicine before or after a vaccination. If you must dope your child up in order to vaccinate them then apparently something is wrong.

Not to mention that in my "scenario" my child still catches Pertussis which is extremely likely .. So lets dope our infants , inject them full of KNOWN TOXINS and then shrug our shoulders when the vaccine fails.

I truly am done with this thread . I will not be returning because I realize that none of you are even able to admit for one second that vaccinations do harm. I hope that your child does not suffer all through infancy only to catch the very disease you were trying to prevent however that seems to be likely.

I am disgusted that your suggestion is to just give tylenol. For one tylenol is not incredibly safe but that is for another thread ! For another tylenol will not prevent seizures in anyway it may reduce the fever but you will have to give it repeatedly for numerous days in the event of a true reaction and the child can still suffer seizures or other permanent brain damage. My son does suffer seizures thanks to a flipping vaccination and Tylenol when adminstered does absolutely nothing to prevent him from having a seizure !

Children DIE from vaccinations DAILY !! Just because your child did not die does not mean it doesn't happen it is a real danger. I understand catching a disease is a real danger as well but there is no way in HELL I am going to take on both risks which is what every vaccinating parent chooses to do.

Vaccines FAIL Miserably ! That has been proven and I am afraid it will continue to be proven. I did not come on this thread to change anyone's mind I politely listened to every arguement. I didn't even get mad when I was told I was being irresponsible , when I was called a moron or when I was told I was a bad mom for not having a child that will eat a full course balance diet every day. I however am extremely mad that any parent feels that it is "normal" to adminster a medicine before or after a vaccine.

You continue to take your children to get vaccinated. You continue to watch your children suffer from the pain of the toxins you are allowing to enter their body. I am just going to have to pass and you can call me stupid or irresponsible or any other combination of names that you want too but I can guarantee you my child will never DIE from a vaccination ... you can't say the same for your child!

You're showing your true colours in this post. Very judgmental.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options

My boys dont eat healthy I do the best I can but they are 4 and 1 lol they are going to eat whatever they want within reason

If your children are 4 and 1 that means they are eating whatever foods you provide them with. How is their age an excuse not to provide them with healthy meals?

I did not say I do not provide them with healthy meals. They choose what they want to eat from the food I give them which is healthy however there are days where they will only eat one thing (today my 1 year old has ate a whole bag of grapes he is not interested in anything else I have offered him).

Maybe if you don't give him the whole bag he will be hungry enough to have a variety of other foods.

I think I remember you saying you have no children so I am not sure how you think you know what a toddler would do. Let me break down my day for you. This morning I cooked my children waffles for breakfast and beside there waffles I served grapes he ate all his grapes and possibly two bites of waffle. At morning snack time I set out a plate with fruit on it and he ate 2 apple slices and about 10 grapes. At lunch time we had oven baked chicken tenders with sweet potatoes and he ate about three bites total. Afternoon snack time brought out the fruit snack tray again and again he mostly ate grapes. For dinner tonight they had porkloin,corn on the cob and sweet peas and he picked at his dinner and then a hour later he was at the refrigerator crying and when I opened it he wanted grapes therefore I cut up 5 more grapes for him. Am I supposed to deny my child food ?? Yesterday he didn't eat nearly anything. He has drank 4 cups of water and 3 cups of Elecare today.

Edited to add i probably should clarify by bag I mean a ziploc bag (quart size) half full with grapes that my husband picked out of our vineyard.

As the mother of 3 and a teacher who deal with behavior issues, I say YES! He needs to eat what you provide or not eat. You are only making more work for yourself in the long run. I deal with severe behavior problems (ages 11-13) and my biggest advice to all parents is to say no and stick to your guns. I am not suggesting your child will end up in my school, but I am saying that children must have discipline. This is what is for dinner, you can eat it or go hungry. I have a 7 year old with some food aversions. He knows (although sometimes still complains) that what mommy makes for dinner is all that is available. If you don't eat, no seconds of things you like, no snacks and no dessert.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Our country has some of the highest Infant Mortaility Rates

Please provide some data for this erroneous claim.

Otherwise, recant.

This is not even close to being true.
  • servilia
    Options

Otherwise, recant.

I want to see too!!

Never mind, I already know where the US is on the list ;) But I want to hear it from her!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nutrition based cancer cure and research links: http://gerson.org/

This is starting to diverge considerably from the initial topic. However:

From the NIH:

"Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using the Gerson therapy?

No results of laboratory or animal studies have been published in scientific journals."

"Have any clinical trials (research studies with people) of the Gerson therapy been conducted?
    In 1947 and 1959, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) reviewed the cases of a total of 60 patients treated by Dr. Gerson. The NCI found that the available information did not prove the regimen had benefit."

There is no evidence that natural foods protect you from communicable diseases, cancer or any other illness at a level comparable to that of a vaccine, neither will they cure you in a manner comparable to tested, proven medications once you contract that disease. Eating a healthy diet is probably better than not eating a healthy diet, but any claim that it will save you or anyone else from polio, chickenpox, measles, cancer or whatever else is false. The Gerson 'research' is based on case notes made by the doctor himself, thus not meeting even the most lenient requirement for disinterest in reporting outcomes.

In my opinion people who actively promote this type of 'therapy' are dangerous. Note that this 'therapy' requires patients to stop chemotherapy entirely in order to undergo it, thus this is not complementary medicine, it is purely alternative, and it is costly - just the 2 week initial stay is $5500, and this is followed by a months-long regimen of unproven supplements that are also rather overpriced. Making money offering worthless, or potentially harmful 'treatments' is unethical and no self-respecting medical practitioner would likely condone it.

But let's assume it works - Why not donate some of those proceeds to fund a clinical trial, then there can be no doubt. It's been around since the 50's, so there's been plenty of opportunity to demonstrate it's purported success.

I can COMPLETELY understand your point of view. :smile: Seems a little fishy right? I thought the same thing so I read the book and am about to read a second and try it- will cost me about $100 plus the price for a juicer (which I wanted anyway) My comparison is it's the same reason when we walk into our Doc and say "I have XYZ symptoms" they prescribe us a pill instead of saying, "yeah, it's because you are obese and unhealthy. try going on a freaking walk and eating a carrot." Natural cures don't make $$. And people want quick fixes. The price tag on it is $5500 for a two week all inclusive intensive treatment/education and is probably really only needed for really sick patients. They have tried and failed to get medical approval but can't in the US but have physicians that practice this in Mexico and Europe.

edited because I wasn't happy with my wording initially.

I wish the best to all of you- whatever you decide to do. Stay healthy!

Hmm, but what would your reaction be if yoru doc did say this?
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options

My boys dont eat healthy I do the best I can but they are 4 and 1 lol they are going to eat whatever they want within reason

If your children are 4 and 1 that means they are eating whatever foods you provide them with. How is their age an excuse not to provide them with healthy meals?

I did not say I do not provide them with healthy meals. They choose what they want to eat from the food I give them which is healthy however there are days where they will only eat one thing (today my 1 year old has ate a whole bag of grapes he is not interested in anything else I have offered him).

Maybe if you don't give him the whole bag he will be hungry enough to have a variety of other foods.

I think I remember you saying you have no children so I am not sure how you think you know what a toddler would do. Let me break down my day for you. This morning I cooked my children waffles for breakfast and beside there waffles I served grapes he ate all his grapes and possibly two bites of waffle. At morning snack time I set out a plate with fruit on it and he ate 2 apple slices and about 10 grapes. At lunch time we had oven baked chicken tenders with sweet potatoes and he ate about three bites total. Afternoon snack time brought out the fruit snack tray again and again he mostly ate grapes. For dinner tonight they had porkloin,corn on the cob and sweet peas and he picked at his dinner and then a hour later he was at the refrigerator crying and when I opened it he wanted grapes therefore I cut up 5 more grapes for him. Am I supposed to deny my child food ?? Yesterday he didn't eat nearly anything. He has drank 4 cups of water and 3 cups of Elecare today.

Edited to add i probably should clarify by bag I mean a ziploc bag (quart size) half full with grapes that my husband picked out of our vineyard.

As the mother of 3 and a teacher who deal with behavior issues, I say YES! He needs to eat what you provide or not eat. You are only making more work for yourself in the long run. I deal with severe behavior problems (ages 11-13) and my biggest advice to all parents is to say no and stick to your guns. I am not suggesting your child will end up in my school, but I am saying that children must have discipline. This is what is for dinner, you can eat it or go hungry. I have a 7 year old with some food aversions. He knows (although sometimes still complains) that what mommy makes for dinner is all that is available. If you don't eat, no seconds of things you like, no snacks and no dessert.

With all due respect my son referenced in that post is 18months old. How do you propose I explain that to him ? I keep food in the house that is good for my children and my 4 year old eats a much more balanced diet. My 4 year old also understands you eat what I cook. I can assure you my children have discipline but I will not deny my child food ! I am not feeding him processed crap for heavens sake he was eating grapes all day.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Nutrition based cancer cure and research links: http://gerson.org/

This is starting to diverge considerably from the initial topic. However:

From the NIH:

"Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using the Gerson therapy?

No results of laboratory or animal studies have been published in scientific journals."

"Have any clinical trials (research studies with people) of the Gerson therapy been conducted?
    In 1947 and 1959, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) reviewed the cases of a total of 60 patients treated by Dr. Gerson. The NCI found that the available information did not prove the regimen had benefit."

There is no evidence that natural foods protect you from communicable diseases, cancer or any other illness at a level comparable to that of a vaccine, neither will they cure you in a manner comparable to tested, proven medications once you contract that disease. Eating a healthy diet is probably better than not eating a healthy diet, but any claim that it will save you or anyone else from polio, chickenpox, measles, cancer or whatever else is false. The Gerson 'research' is based on case notes made by the doctor himself, thus not meeting even the most lenient requirement for disinterest in reporting outcomes.

In my opinion people who actively promote this type of 'therapy' are dangerous. Note that this 'therapy' requires patients to stop chemotherapy entirely in order to undergo it, thus this is not complementary medicine, it is purely alternative, and it is costly - just the 2 week initial stay is $5500, and this is followed by a months-long regimen of unproven supplements that are also rather overpriced. Making money offering worthless, or potentially harmful 'treatments' is unethical and no self-respecting medical practitioner would likely condone it.

But let's assume it works - Why not donate some of those proceeds to fund a clinical trial, then there can be no doubt. It's been around since the 50's, so there's been plenty of opportunity to demonstrate it's purported success.

I can COMPLETELY understand your point of view. :smile: Seems a little fishy right? I thought the same thing so I read the book and am about to read a second and try it- will cost me about $100 plus the price for a juicer (which I wanted anyway) My comparison is it's the same reason when we walk into our Doc and say "I have XYZ symptoms" they prescribe us a pill instead of saying, "yeah, it's because you are obese and unhealthy. try going on a freaking walk and eating a carrot." Natural cures don't make $$. And people want quick fixes. The price tag on it is $5500 for a two week all inclusive intensive treatment/education and is probably really only needed for really sick patients. They have tried and failed to get medical approval but can't in the US but have physicians that practice this in Mexico and Europe.

edited because I wasn't happy with my wording initially.

I wish the best to all of you- whatever you decide to do. Stay healthy!

Hmm, but what would your reaction be if yoru doc did say this?

So your okay with paying your doctor to lie to you ? I would prefer my doctor tell me the truth and not prescribe me a pill that is not necessary.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options

Otherwise, recant.

I want to see too!!

Never mind, I already know where the US is on the list ;) But I want to hear it from her!

Sorry apparently I didn't finish my sentence on that post. I am well aware that the US does not have anywhere near the highest number of infant deaths. I do indeed apologize !! I try hard to re-read my posts to be sure everything is included but I apparently missed that.

I was going to say that it has been noted that the US gives our children the most vaccinations and yet we are still 34th (if I am recalling correctly I do not have the article up). In the study I was viewing it showed the vaccinations given by other countries that have fewer infant deaths than the US and they all give less vaccinations. I really am sorry I mistyped I at no time want to inform anyone of incorrect information.
  • servilia
    Options

Otherwise, recant.

I want to see too!!

Sorry apparently I didn't finish my sentence on that post. I am well aware that the US does not have anywhere near the highest number of infant deaths. I do indeed apologize !! I try hard to re-read my posts to be sure everything is included but I apparently missed that.

I was going to say that it has been noted that the US gives our children the most vaccinations and yet we are still 34th (if I am recalling correctly I do not have the article up). In the study I was viewing it showed the vaccinations given by other countries that have fewer infant deaths than the US and they all give less vaccinations. I really am sorry I mistyped I at no time want to inform anyone of incorrect information.

34th is way off. Please show your source.
  • servilia
    Options
    Inany case, correlation DOES NOT equal causation.
  • servilia
    Options
    Sorry to post this in different posts but I've been looking up your claims as I go along. Yes, the US was 34th in a specific study - out of 34!! Not out of all the countries in the whole world. Specifically, the study compared the US to the 33 countries that happened to have better rates. So no, the US does not have "one of the highest infant mortality rates".
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Ok that does it ! I am done with this thread apparently it is not only okay to inject TOXINS into your infants body it is also okay to drug them to cover up any symptons that may arise due to those toxins you injected ! That is just beyond anything I can consider normal.

If vaccinations cause no harm then there should be no need for a medicine before or after a vaccination. If you must dope your child up in order to vaccinate them then apparently something is wrong.

Not to mention that in my "scenario" my child still catches Pertussis which is extremely likely .. So lets dope our infants , inject them full of KNOWN TOXINS and then shrug our shoulders when the vaccine fails.

I truly am done with this thread . I will not be returning because I realize that none of you are even able to admit for one second that vaccinations do harm. I hope that your child does not suffer all through infancy only to catch the very disease you were trying to prevent however that seems to be likely.

I am disgusted that your suggestion is to just give tylenol. For one tylenol is not incredibly safe but that is for another thread ! For another tylenol will not prevent seizures in anyway it may reduce the fever but you will have to give it repeatedly for numerous days in the event of a true reaction and the child can still suffer seizures or other permanent brain damage. My son does suffer seizures thanks to a flipping vaccination and Tylenol when adminstered does absolutely nothing to prevent him from having a seizure !

Children DIE from vaccinations DAILY !! Just because your child did not die does not mean it doesn't happen it is a real danger. I understand catching a disease is a real danger as well but there is no way in HELL I am going to take on both risks which is what every vaccinating parent chooses to do.

Vaccines FAIL Miserably ! That has been proven and I am afraid it will continue to be proven. I did not come on this thread to change anyone's mind I politely listened to every arguement. I didn't even get mad when I was told I was being irresponsible , when I was called a moron or when I was told I was a bad mom for not having a child that will eat a full course balance diet every day. I however am extremely mad that any parent feels that it is "normal" to adminster a medicine before or after a vaccine.

You continue to take your children to get vaccinated. You continue to watch your children suffer from the pain of the toxins you are allowing to enter their body. I am just going to have to pass and you can call me stupid or irresponsible or any other combination of names that you want too but I can guarantee you my child will never DIE from a vaccination ... you can't say the same for your child!

You're showing your true colours in this post. Very judgmental.

Oh please forgive me for being a little judgmental. If I recall correctly you have told me I was a bad mom because I have a 18month old who chooses to eat grapes as his main "meal" for one day. Oh and the kicker was when after I had clearly stated my son couldn't have vaccinations you informed me I was making a bad decision in not vaccinating him.

I am a bit judgmental on the subject yes just as each of you that has commented on this thread has been! If I would have been blessed with a nurse with the mentality as most of you my son would likely be dead today. My son had a reaction to a vaccination.What would have happened to my son if the nurse had given him Tylenol to "mask" his symptons? Tylenol works for what 4-8 hours ? So at the end of that 4-8 period what would have happened to my son ? What if like most parents did the nursed administered the second dose of tylenol in time for it to prevent the fever from rising. Seeing as how fever was the first symptom if tylenol had been administered to cover that fever my son would have been in my room in the middle of the night suffering with brain hemorrages without anyone being aware. He didn't quit eating nor did he start crying after the shot was given he seemed perfectly fine that fever was the only indication we had that his little body was dealing with something and the doctor didn't give any meds to control it he put my son in nursery with 4 pediatricians monitoring him.

I probably shouldn't have been so rude and I do apologize. If you are a vaccine friendly parent that should atleast be aware of the side effects.

You may think that it isn't that big a deal but my son was born in a small hospital and while all 4 of the pediatricians were called in they had no way of testing him or treating him as they are not equipped to handle neonatal emergencies. When his fever spiked that put them on alert and when his blood count came back normal they immediately called a larger hospital as they had literally done all the tests they could do. If my son hadn't been allowed to have that fever his blood count would have never been tested. The pediatricians all leave the hospital around 8pm,my son started having seizures around 9pm and was air-lifted out around 11pm. That being said if his fever had been reduced by a medicine his pediatrician would have gone by for rounds seen what appeared to be a perfectly healthy baby and would have gone home. My son would have likely suffered way more damage. His fever spiked around 4pm meaning he was on his way to a NICU just 7 hours later and he was not given his first dose of seizure medicine until he got to the NICU. My son suffered over 100 seizures during his flight (about a hour).
    If he had been given Tylenol and the doctors left at 8pm as usual he would of been at the hospital and in flight later meaning he would have been suffering from seizures longer than he did because we chose not to treat the fever.

And a fever does not generally become dangerous until it reaches 106 degrees and the one time I have dealt with a fever that high we took our son straight to the hospital.If your child has a fever of 106 they need to see a doctor if its not that high and they are not suffering other symptons they do not need medicine to reduce the fever. (Of course this information is different for newborns and babies with special needs - we take our son anytime he gets 104 because of his seizures).
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options

Otherwise, recant.

I want to see too!!

34th is way off. Please show your source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_mortality_rate

I will admit that I am awful at reading statistics and I always get my husband to verify the way I read it is correct therefore if I did misspeak please inform me kindly and direct me to further information. I do all the research and print all the articles and my husband and I read them I normally have "read" them right but I do occasionally misunderstand (normally when I am reading pro-vaccination articles and studies)
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

You can point out all the risks associated with everything but vaccinations ! I personally do not medicate my children with Advil or Tylenol unless there is a medical need - to date my 18month old has NEVER been adminstered either one! I also am not on birth control ... and I guess birth is risky so I agree you should stop having babies :)

Oh and just to be clear a FEVER is not a sympton that needs treating in healthy children it is a normal part of the bodies immune system !

You really don't want to open this can of worms with me. My daughter is only a year old and has had three open heart surgeries, has been "dead" four times and is lucky to be alive. She has had almost every pain killer, ppi, anti naseuant, heart med, 40 some blood transfusions, all sorts of vaccines (the ones she is allowed) and all sorts of medical interventions.

I will trust her amazing Drs and specialists. In fact (i'm sure you will love this) we are about to start her monthly vaccination against RSV so she doesn't catch it and die. It's incredibly common, and it consistently kills babies. This vaccination isn't offered to the general public.

She just got her one year shots (less MMR) and I gave her tylenol afterwards and I will give her tylenol later this evening and probably again in the morning.

My child cannot have live vaccines at this time because she had her Thymus gland cut out of her chest so they could get to her strawberry sized heart.

Yes. I'm passionate about this topic. Yes, I originally said I wouldn't really get involved. But I'm sorry.. It's people like you that will put my immunocompromised child at risk in the future.

I may not be able to put my child in public school because of this stupid hysteria. My child was not lucky enough to be born healthy and I have to do everything possible to keep her alive. We fight to keep her alive and healthy.

We will glady take any vaccination that reduces her chances of dying.

Despite everything that has happened, I now have a healthy amazing baby girl thanks to vaccinations and medical intervention.

This thread seriously needs to be locked.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    The conclusion from that article:
    "The US childhood immunization schedule requires 26 vaccine doses for infants aged less than 1 year, the most in the world, yet 33 nations have better IMRs. Using linear regression, the immunization schedules of these 34 nations were examined and a correlation coefficient of 0.70 (p < 0.0001) was found between IMRs and the number of vaccine doses routinely given to infants. When nations were grouped into five different vaccine dose ranges (12–14, 15–17, 18–20, 21–23, and 24–26), 98.3% of the total variance in IMR was explained by the unweighted linear regression model. These findings demonstrate a counter-intuitive relationship: nations that require more vaccine doses tend to have higher infant mortality rates. Efforts to reduce the relatively high US IMR have been elusive. Finding ways to lower preterm birth rates should be a high priority. However, preventing premature births is just a partial solution to reduce infant deaths. A closer inspection of correlations between vaccine doses, biochemical or synergistic toxicity, and IMRs, is essential. All nations—rich and poor, advanced and developing—have an obligation to determine whether their immunization schedules are achieving their desired goals."

One thing I notice, they don't study countries with less than 12 vaccine doses per year. So the issue may not be the vaccines, but the number of vaccines given. It is possible that if you were to perform the same study again, on 0-4, 5-8, 9-11, in addition to the dose ranges they tested, that an optimum number of doses per year would arise, allowing us to make a better informed decision about what vaccines to give and when.

After re-reading this article I have a question. What countries should they study with less than 12 vaccine doses per year ? They compared the US with the 33 countries that have less infant deaths than us. I am just trying to really understand this article and after re-reading it and re-reading your comment I am confused.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Wikipedia isn't generally accepted as a scholarly or reliable source of anything. Because of the nature of it, the definition of "wiki", means that any user has rights to edit content. Anyone at all can "contribute" to it, and this makes it unreliable.
    My 4th grader brought me an article from Wikipedia that stated "Jane Goodall was born a chimpanzee, and morphed into a gorilla by age three".
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options

You really don't want to open this can of worms with me. My daughter is only a year old and has had three open heart surgeries, has been "dead" four times and is lucky to be alive. She has had almost every pain killer, ppi, anti naseuant, heart med, 40 some blood transfusions, all sorts of vaccines (the ones she is allowed) and all sorts of medical interventions.

I will trust her amazing Drs and specialists. In fact (i'm sure you will love this) we are about to start her monthly vaccination against RSV so she doesn't catch it and die. It's incredibly common, and it consistently kills babies. This vaccination isn't offered to the general public.

She just got her one year shots (less MMR) and I gave her tylenol afterwards and I will give her tylenol later this evening and probably again in the morning.

My child cannot have live vaccines at this time because she had her Thymus gland cut out of her chest so they could get to her strawberry sized heart.

Yes. I'm passionate about this topic. Yes, I originally said I wouldn't really get involved. But I'm sorry.. It's people like you that will put my immunocompromised child at risk in the future.

I may not be able to put my child in public school because of this stupid hysteria. My child was not lucky enough to be born healthy and I have to do everything possible to keep her alive. We fight to keep her alive and healthy.

We will glady take any vaccination that reduces her chances of dying.

Despite everything that has happened, I now have a healthy amazing baby girl thanks to vaccinations and medical intervention.

This thread seriously needs to be locked.

I am sorry for what your daughter has been through. I however do not understand your point ! My son had a serious reaction to his very first vaccine meaning he can not be vaccinated. I have been through alot with my son and we were told not to expect him to live going through things like this with our children makes us even more judgmental of others. I know all about the RSV vaccine my neighbors daughter got it and died from RSV 2 months later she was taken to the ER 3x by her mom and the last time the dr. sent her home they didn't even make it home before their baby died. I know how serious RSV is and I understand why you would vaccinate your daughter against it !

I do not think my children put your child at risk however I am sorry but I have not seen enough "proof" to convince me of that. Children who are vaccinated "catch" those disease all the time its not because of my child being un-vaccinated. If you want to send me some links feel free I will gladly read them and ask you any questions that I may have and you may be able to change my mind.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Wikipedia isn't generally accepted as a scholarly or reliable source of anything. Because of the nature of it, the definition of "wiki", means that any user has rights to edit content. Anyone at all can "contribute" to it, and this makes it unreliable.
    My 4th grader brought me an article from Wikipedia that stated "Jane Goodall was born a chimpanzee, and morphed into a gorilla by age three".

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html

I think the factbook has them ranked at the 46th so no improvement .

And if you have a better more reliable link please show me.
  • servilia
    Options

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html

I think the factbook has them ranked at the 46th so no improvement .

And if you have a better more reliable link please show me.

I have the same source - except I paid some attention to how to read the chart. :) They are 176th highest. Out of 222 countries. 222-176 = 46. You read it backwards dear. :)