Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sending up the Bat Signal (Black Team 01/08/09)

Replies

• proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Hi everybody. I am new to this challenge. I did really good last yr and lost a bunch of weight, then my mom moved down here and I have been acting, and eating like I was on vacation for the last 7 months! Needless to say I have gained it all back. But this time I am doing this for good! We also started a BL at work this week so hopefully that helps.

-Kathy
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Welcome to the group, Kathy! Hope you have much success here! :flowerforyou:

Soooo...what is the black team planning on doing this weekend? Anything fun?
  • 3babybeans
    Ok, Ok Batman...Im here!! Geeez Holy Salmon patties!:laugh: (or something like that :laugh: )
    Im staying within my calories and getting my cardio walk in, but cant do the abs challenge. Had my LAST surgery yesterday:drinker: (didja hear that Sara? MY LAST!!!:happy: ) Anyway got stitches in 3 different places...ALL in the abs and obliques area so no ab work for this girl:grumble: :noway:
    But I am HERE and IM GOOD and IM HAPPY:heart::flowerforyou: Great work all you bat-people, I think we rocked the boards this first weigh in:flowerforyou: BTW, does anyone know which team actually did win the first weigh in as a whole?:blushing:
    Take care all:drinker: :flowerforyou:
    ~Roni

I did hear it, Roni!!!!! WOO HOOOOO!!! I am sooo, very very excited for you & proud of you. Beat that cancer, woman! *hugs* Take it easy & don't pop a stitch...that gets messy. :noway: Congrats on the last surgery! :heart:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Okay, I had to bump this just so Batman doesn't get too stressed out. :laugh:

Today I did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I tried some ab pilates stuff. Let me tell you, it's really hard when you have a little dog licking your face anytime you're on the floor. Finally I put the dogs outside. But since I don't have very in-shape abs, I still couldn't do a whole lot. But at least I got something in.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465

This weekend is gonna stink lol. I have to spend the weekend away from home working a Bridal show and I never have to do bridal shows and I get so bored when I have to work a bridal show....This one is in a remote market and I'm the only one they could get to help out. <sigh>

I'll still get my work outs in at the hotel.
    SO what's everyone else got planned?

lol:bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Okay, I had to bump this just so Batman doesn't get too stressed out. :laugh:

Today I did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I tried some ab pilates stuff. Let me tell you, it's really hard when you have a little dog licking your face anytime you're on the floor. Finally I put the dogs outside. But since I don't have very in-shape abs, I still couldn't do a whole lot. But at least I got something in.

Too funny. I just get nervous when things get too quiet. lol Sounds like you got some good work in today. I got 45 mins on the elliptical and some crunches at the gym. Ate more than usual today but still below my calorie goal.

Great job :happy:
  • 3babybeans

This weekend is gonna stink lol. I have to spend the weekend away from home working a Bridal show and I never have to do bridal shows and I get so bored when I have to work a bridal show....This one is in a remote market and I'm the only one they could get to help out. <sigh>

What do you do that you have to spend the weekend at a bridal show?! I'm a chick & that sounds like a nightmare. LOL Love the new pic. You look excited about something! Is that your face when you weighed in this week & saw how awesome you did?! :happy:

My weekend involves dealing with 8+" of snow that we're getting. Vet appt. in the morning to get the dog's staples out...church....surviving. :happy: Nothing much & I love it! One good thing about the winter is that we can actually spend a day at home without having to GO anywhere or DO anything. Woo! I think I might try to get my hubby to work on the Turbo Jam 40 min. workout with me this weekend. He's doing great with the 20 min., but he needs to crank it up a notch. :wink:

I have a 40# 3yo sleeping on me (don't ask) so I am probably out for the night!

Oh, Lori! One of the main reasons the dogs go to their crates when I workout. They like to try to help. :grumble: Dontcha love it? :tongue:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'm bored! House is clean, exercise is done, supper is over, hubby is sick in bed, and we are kinda snowed in ...woo ohio.
  • 3babybeans
    I'm in NW Ohio, Lynnie. Snow snow snow. BAH! I'm just glad there isn't any ice.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'm in NW Ohio, Lynnie. Snow snow snow. BAH! I'm just glad there isn't any ice.

Not much better here in Central Ohio, but at least I don't have to work in the morning! Yay. snow.
    yay. really.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Just thought I would let everyone know that as of this morning I am no longer obese! I never thought I was but my weight to the BMI scale said I was. I also am officially out of the 190's and half way through the 180's!!!! :smooched: :blushing: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    I'm supposed to have our dog to the vet on the other side of Toledo (about 40 min. on a good day) at 8am. I don't think it's gonna happen. Our village doesn't plow much so I might not even be able to get out of my stupid driveway. I have a Suburban, but my hubby says that's no reason to leave. LOL it is fun to drive in the snow, though! hehe
  • 3babybeans
    Just thought I would let everyone know that as of this morning I am no longer obese! I never thought I was but my weight to the BMI scale said I was. I also am officially out of the 190's and half way through the 180's!!!! :smooched: :blushing: :bigsmile: :wink:

YAY, Sam! That is such great news! I'm so proud of you! WOo!:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad

What do you do that you have to spend the weekend at a bridal show?! I'm a chick & that sounds like a nightmare. LOL Love the new pic. You look excited about something! Is that your face when you weighed in this week & saw how awesome you did?! :happy:

My weekend involves dealing with 8+" of snow that we're getting. Vet appt. in the morning to get the dog's staples out...church....surviving. :happy: Nothing much & I love it! One good thing about the winter is that we can actually spend a day at home without having to GO anywhere or DO anything. Woo! I think I might try to get my hubby to work on the Turbo Jam 40 min. workout with me this weekend. He's doing great with the 20 min., but he needs to crank it up a notch. :wink:

I have a 40# 3yo sleeping on me (don't ask) so I am probably out for the night!

Oh, Lori! One of the main reasons the dogs go to their crates when I workout. They like to try to help. :grumble: Dontcha love it? :tongue:

I'm a District operations manager for Bed Bath and Beyond. I cover Maine and some of New Hampshire. I almost never have to do bridal gigs but my customer service counter part needs help and my boss wants me to help him. So up to the Bangor, ME bridal show for me lol.

I hope the DH enjoys the workout lol. My weekend is sounding better by the minuete lol.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member

Way to go, Sam...that is amazing!

:flowerforyou:

I'm sorry for all you guys stuck in the snow...we haven't had much to speak of yet in my part of Maryland, but it's never truly winter here until Feb. so I am not looking forward to that at all. :grumble:

:heart: Shuntae
  • Tri_Dad

Sam,

That is soooo friggin awesome. I still got a ways to go until I get there. Fearless leader of team black cannot be stopped!!!!!! That kicks so much butt it's rediculous. CHEERS! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    WOO-HOO SAM! I can't wait unitl I get out of the obese catergory!

We had two feet of snow on Monday and now we have about 8 inches left, but it has rained since and froze so now we have ice everywhere. It is so much fun. Taking care of the ducks, goats and chickens in a major challlenge and pain in the butt. Spring, please come, PLEASE! I want to walk again with my best friend and my mom again. I went for a walk the other day and slide half of it. It was a great nightmare!

Spyguy, I also like your new pic, I need to get my pic up there!
  • Girlmom282109

Sam,

That is soooo friggin awesome. I still got a ways to go until I get there. Fearless leader of team black cannot be stopped!!!!!! That kicks so much butt it's rediculous. CHEERS! :drinker: :bigsmile:

that's right I can't be stopped. I had a hip up (as madison likes to call them) last week but I am on my way to a new hair cut! :laugh: :laugh:
    Oh yeah I friended your wife tonight
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    sorry, blackies-- had a bad day nibbling. I'm at 2100 calories for the day-- on the good side, I'd hit 2,100 calories before lunch, usually-- so, all in all, not bad, I guess.

Anyway-- sorry to let you all down-- I'll try harder tomorrow-- downer day, lots of aggravation-- too much nibbling-- :grumble:

Later--
  • Girlmom282109
    sorry, blackies-- had a bad day nibbling. I'm at 2100 calories for the day-- on the good side, I'd hit 2,100 calories before lunch, usually-- so, all in all, not bad, I guess.

Anyway-- sorry to let you all down-- I'll try harder tomorrow-- downer day, lots of aggravation-- too much nibbling-- :grumble:

Later--
    i think I ate like that today too but heck I'm not obese anymore so who cares!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: :drinker: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.