New Year, New Us.....25lb Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• brigibooboo
    brigibooboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone!! Hope your week is going well!

As of today we are up to 66 peole in the challenge!! Below is a link to view all people in the challenge, I will keep track of your weekly weight and/or weight loss on here. Let me know if there are any corrections, talk to you all soon! :flowerforyou:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As54y9PPe8DkdEh5a2pycjJlZ2w3a3hxN3VUazV3Z1E&hl=en_US

LOVE IT!!! Thanks ofr putting this together and being so organized. I think this will really help me stay on track. Have a great day :wink:
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Heather, awesome spreadsheet. Thanks so much for setting this up! All right everyone, we can do this.
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    Count me in! I will post my weight in the morning!

CW: 212.6
  • missangela1986
    Options
    I'm in!
    Start weight: 140 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs :)
  • fruitsndveggies
    Options
    thanks for the spreadsheet it looks great :] I am upping my workouts, going for a run, and a spin class today since I have to work all weekend, this is great motivation.
  • LMLeu
    LMLeu Posts: 29
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity by Beachbody for the past 2 weeks and all I've done is gain 3lbs. Hopefully that's just my body in shock from the drastic change in activity. I'm still pushing through though, we'll see how a steady diet and working out changes my outlook! I'm so tired of looking in the mirror and honing in on every "flaw" I see. Time to get some perspective, and the first step is to make sure that I actually LIKE what I see in the mirror!

LET'S DO THIS!!
  • DonnaHazel
    DonnaHazel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LMLeu...that's the way it started for me! Hang in there, the scale will move.

For some reason I can't click on the link for the spreadsheet?????
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Awesome Spreadsheet!

Even just looking at it is motivating!! (I think I'll go work-out now) ;)
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    YES I'm in! >_<
    This morning: 137lb
    Goal: 120lb
    17lb to go! It has been so hard, back an force for me. Hope I can do it, along with all you guys!!
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting weight 227 pounds, goal for January 1, 2012 202 pounds.
  • helena98
    Options
    I would love to join to! I think it's a GREAT idea to be part of a challenge where everyone wants to lose the same 25 pounds. (Seriously, in my last 23-week challenge, we had ladies who were 112 with a goal weight of 110. COME ON!)

9/19 SW -- 194.2
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet...
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Up to 74 people now!! I've updated the spreadsheet to inlcude everyone, you have to copy and paste the link, sorry can't just click on it. Remember that weigh in is on Monday, 9/26 so either post your weight/lbs lost in this thread or send to me in a message. Make it a great weekend and talk to you soon!
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Soooo....I just thought I'd share this with all of you because I'm feeling a litle off about it this week and since I'm leading this challenge I really want to set a good example for everyone.....

I got a major wakeup call on Monday night when I went to the gym. My recorded weight of 206 was taken Saturday morning and my scale at home said that Sunday and Monday morning as well so that's what I went with. Well, to my horror when I went to the gym Monday night and weighed in on their scale (which I KNOW is accurate) I was almost in tears when it ready 212! So I went home and change the batteries in my scale at home and sure enough, 212 now at home too. So this week I've been a little depressed but also motivated. When I woke up Tuesday morning my weight was 209, so I guess that is probably my official starting weight. But, I've been very good this week and this morning weighed in at 207. Soooo I'll stick to the 206 starting weight and really push myself this week to hopefully get to 205 so I can count it as at least a 1 pound loss.

Just had to get that off my chest, I'm realizing 1.67lbs a week is going to be a little more difficult than I first thought. But I guess the point is I don't want anyone to get discouraged if at weigh in you only lose 0.5 pounds, or none at all. Some weeks you may lose 2lbs! It will all balance out and any weight loss before the New Year is an accomplishment in my eyes!
  • pehermann
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about it! Your weight will fluctuate between the morning and nighttime normally. I mean, look at all the stuff you put in your body during the day (and doesn't necessarily come back out if you get what I mean) so your night time weight is usually higher than your morning weight and if you aren't regular your weekly weight can also change a couple pounds. That's why it is best not to weigh yourself alot because you are going to get stressed out about the little changes. Pick a day and a time to weigh yourself and stick to it. I currently weigh myself on Monday mornings and since I'm in a challenge that weighs on Thursdays I do it then too. I'm ALWAYS higher on Thursdays. When that challenge ends I'm going back to just Monday's. Different clothes weigh a lot too.
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Soooo....I just thought I'd share this with all of you because I'm feeling a litle off about it this week and since I'm leading this challenge I really want to set a good example for everyone.....

I got a major wakeup call on Monday night when I went to the gym. My recorded weight of 206 was taken Saturday morning and my scale at home said that Sunday and Monday morning as well so that's what I went with. Well, to my horror when I went to the gym Monday night and weighed in on their scale (which I KNOW is accurate) I was almost in tears when it ready 212! So I went home and change the batteries in my scale at home and sure enough, 212 now at home too. So this week I've been a little depressed but also motivated. When I woke up Tuesday morning my weight was 209, so I guess that is probably my official starting weight. But, I've been very good this week and this morning weighed in at 207. Soooo I'll stick to the 206 starting weight and really push myself this week to hopefully get to 205 so I can count it as at least a 1 pound loss.

Just had to get that off my chest, I'm realizing 1.67lbs a week is going to be a little more difficult than I first thought. But I guess the point is I don't want anyone to get discouraged if at weigh in you only lose 0.5 pounds, or none at all. Some weeks you may lose 2lbs! It will all balance out and any weight loss before the New Year is an accomplishment in my eyes!

I totally agree with "pehermann". Even though I weigh myself many times through out the week, I always go with My official Monday morning weigh in (I am on the scale first thing after the bathroom, in my birthday suit).

You are already doing a great job setting an example!
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is to be 180 by Christmas anyways, so I weighed in Monday at 208.5. I want to lose about 30 pounds, but same thing right? lol
  • strongnotskinny121
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW: 200
    GW: (01/01/12) 175

Right now, I walk 2 days a week, yoga atleast once a week, and I'm going to start doing cardio or scuplting one or 2 days. I use the Turbo Jams. I would really like to start my day off with yoga, but I really, REALLY like sleep apperently. Even if I set early alarms, I sleep thru them.
  • Jessicaallen48
    Options
    CW:156
    GW:130-135
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I just finished a 75 day challenge today, but if it's not too late I would like to be in on the New Year challenge. My weight Monday was 278.

I really found that the 75 day challenge helped me stay focused and on track. I was just thinking about the holidays coming up and praying that I don't mess up.