I Beg You......PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

Options

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I spend less than an hour a day 4-5 days a week working out...not alll day long. I have a child and a full-time job and I've lost almost 20lbs in 2 1/2 months. I think a lot of your list is false!

Something true is DETERMINATION will get you far!!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Mine was at 1600 when i was lightly active and i ate that and lost 8 pounds.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    In this case I am asking you to prove me wrong, I have some pretty harsh statements and I need real live facts to help me squash these theories. I want the fat voices in my head to "shut the front door":

1. 89% of people who have posted pictures on here have been at thier goal weight at one point in time in their adult life, or highschool aged (don't know what to call that) life. So it's kind of like its a do-over. They've been there once, they know they can do it, and they did it again. Big whoop.

I was fat then i got lean then i let myself go then i got lean again (took me 4 months to drop 30 lbs). So answer is Yes

2. Anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight (I'm going to say 50lbs or more) cannot be single and have kids.

I am not single but I am the only one bringing money into the house. Dont know how to answer this.

3. Anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight spends a majority of thier day exercising.

An hour and a half for 6 days a week. Before i did 3 hours of exercise a day (Eliptical) and eating 1 tuna can and 0,5 l coke a day and lost double the amount in same time it was 7 years ago and then was lean for 3 years eating junk and exercising 1 hour 3 days a week and then gained 14 kg in 3 years of no exercise and junk food.
    Answer is Yes because all the freaking preparation and showering and stuff adds another hour to all what you actually did.

4. 75% of women on MFP have their calories set at 1200 intentionally, even if MFP calculated them at 1600-1700 etc.

(I will answer this even thou i am male) My second and third month of my P90X I ate from 1200-1400 calories and low carbs it shredded fat from me and i just pushed myself so Yes.

5. The average amount of time to lose weight and keep it off is longer than what is on here. I.e. losing 30lbs in 3 months is one of two things, someone who is very large to start with, or someone who exercises no less than 5 -6 days a week.

I could agree here.

6. If you are relatively healthy, but just carry a significant amount (say 30-50lbs) of extra weight, it's harder for you to see results than someone who is not relatively healthy (meaning hdl, ldl, cholesterol, bp all in line)

Not if You go insane on it. Well it worked for me. I knew why I got fat because i did 0 exercise and eat 3 donuts in the morning drank 2 liters of cola ate snacks and eat 2 pizzas for dinner.

Few things i learned from this is. See what works for you dont ever be SAD or unhappy. Do something when your hungry stop thinking about food. If you go on a fast food crazyness dont expect the scale to move. Dont lie to yourselfe.

And please try to do the best with YOUR body dont look at those magazines they will just make You sad.

But I think I have a really resilient body. Because only time i actually felt energy deprived was when I was eating 1000 calories 3 days in a row while doing 30 minutes of HIIT every day + 2 hours walks in the sun + weight training.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    3. Anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight spends a majority of thier day exercising.

4. 75% of women on MFP have their calories set at 1200 intentionally, even if MFP calculated them at 1600-1700 etc.

WRONG!

I work out about 3 hours on strength days and 1 hour on non-strength days.......Last I checked Im usually up about 18 hours a day so wrong

My cals are set at 1300 currently but I usually eat back about 1/2 my exercise cals.....so thats about 1500 to 1600 a day

Do i need to have a chat with these fat voices in your head??? I will
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well I am a single mom with a full time job and a company on the side. I workout 30 to 45 minutes 4-5 times a week on my lunch break. My calories are at 1450 before exercice calories and I eat 75% of those ( I am also 4'11'' 125 pounds so on the tiny side) I didn't have alot of weight to lose but I was obese at one time in my life.

I think you are trying to find a reason to fail.

^^YOU ROCK!!!^^
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight without any exercise. I started at 1200 and now 1410. Have been maintaining for over 6 months.
    Just cut out junk, most processed and fast food.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "big whoop"...and I stopped reading.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what the responses are, only you can change the voices inside your head. Until you do that, you won't listen to what anyone else has to say.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It seems that you are trying to sabotage yourself. Even if all these items are true- it shouldn't impact what YOU do and how you work to help yourself.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what the responses are, only you can change the voices inside your head. Until you do that, you won't listen to what anyone else has to say.

^^What she said ^^
    Stop making excuses, find the 'skinny voices' in your head and see what they have to say for a change!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Listen here, Fat Voices! Get out of her head! *waves wand* I think most of us know what it's like to argue with the Fat Brain inside ourselves.

1. I cannot remember ever being my goal weight in my adult life. The lowest I can remember getting is around 185-190, and I am shooting for around 150.

2. No answer to this as I am not single nor do I have children. However, I have seen people post up how they pop in a DVD after the kids are in bed or in the morning before they wake up so they can get in a workout without having to worry about the kids.

3. I'm hoping that isn't the case. I'm going to lose around 100 pounds, and I have more things to do than spend all day at a gym. I'm starting P90X and Insanity TODAY so I can get a serious workout in around an hour a day. I'm a full-time college student, so I can't afford to spend hours every single day in a gym when I have books to read and papers to write. Something around an hour or less is perfect for me.

4. Not me. I set myself to 2lb a week, and MFP set my goal to around 1300. I bumped it up to 1500 so I didn't feel like I was starving. That puts my projected loss at like 1.6lb a week, which is good enough. I like food. If I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten fat. I may be making better choices and exercising, but I still want to eat!

5. I've got 25lb in 90 days. I haven't exercised one bit in the last 3ish weeks. Before that, I would do 30DS for a couple weeks before getting bored and quitting. I'm 6' and started out at 250lb - technically obese, but I honestly didn't look it due to my height.

6. I'm pretty healthy except for being overweight. BP and cholesterol and the like have always been good. I consider that to be an motivating advantage. I will be putting less stress on my body as I lose weight, as my innards are already doing fine. I can't wait to see how good my body functions once I drop the fat suit I've been wearing for so long.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    1. 89% of people who have posted pictures on here have been at thier goal weight at one point in time in their adult life, or highschool aged (don't know what to call that) life. So it's kind of like its a do-over. They've been there once, they know they can do it, and they did it again. Big whoop.

My lowest weight in high school was 140 lbs. When I got serious about being healthier 5 years ago, I got down to 125. It wasn't a matter of getting "back to" a healthy weight I had seen before, it was a "first" for me.
    2. Anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight (I'm going to say 50lbs or more) cannot be single and have kids.

In my case, technically true. I wasn't single. However, when I went from 178-130 (48 lbs, is that close enough to 50 to count? :tongue: ) my husband was deployed, I was home alone with 2 kids (3 years, and 18 months) and trying to find time to workout in between taking care of the kids, house, and yard on my own, working full time, and going to school at night.

See above! Anything more than an hour a day didn't fit into my schedule then, and doesn't fit into my schedule now. Being healthy is important to me, and I *make* the time for it, but there is still a limited amount of time!

I'll admit, I did this, for about 2 weeks. And I was hungry, and cranky, and starving. I eat anywhere between 1250 (on a low/no exercise day) - 1800 most of the time.
    5. The average amount of time to lose weight and keep it off is longer than what is on here. I.e. losing 30lbs in 3 months is one of two things, someone who is very large to start with, or someone who exercises no less than 5 -6 days a week.

True and false. I lost 48 lbs in 6 months the first time, and I *did* exercise 5-6 days a week. The last 5 lbs took another 6 months because I cut my workouts down to 3x a week when my husband came home.
    6. If you are relatively healthy, but just carry a significant amount (say 30-50lbs) of extra weight, it's harder for you to see results than someone who is not relatively healthy (meaning hdl, ldl, cholesterol, bp all in line)

I disagree! I think the results you see will not be as dramatic, but will be just as great! I have less to lose right now, but I see differnces in muscle tone, measurements, and the way my clothes fit much easier now. When I was first losing weight, I saw the numbers go down- but I would look in the mirror and think I still looked the same. As I got smaller, it was easier for me to notice smaller differences.

Good luck to you- I hope you find the motivation you need to tell the inner critic to shove it! :laugh:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, I've been to my goal weight. It was after the birth of my second child. However prior to that I never had, not even in high school.

2. I have 3 kids but am married.

3. I exercise an hour a day about 5 days a week.

4. I eat 1800-2500 calories

5. It has taken me a year to lose me weight and I'm okay with that, so yeah, 30lbs in 3 months isn't very realistic for most people.

6. This might be true. They say the last few pounds are hardest.

I don't know why any of these points would discourage you from trying and succeeding!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    DID SOMEONE DRINK HER HATER_ADE THIS MORNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG ..Im n ot even going to start ! whhhoooossaaaa let it go !
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    1. 89% of people who have posted pictures on here have been at their goal weight at one point in time in their adult life, or highschool aged (don't know what to call that) life.
    - First, I didn't post a picture. Pretty much because I don't have any I like. However, I was at my goal weight about 10-12 years ago. So technically, yes...I was there during my adult lifetime. I didn't like my pics from back then either :)

- Can't answer this one. I've only lost 30, and I'm married with a kid...

- Nope, nada, zip... I hate exercising... I hate weights, running, the elliptical, etc. The majority of my loss is from diet alone. I'm only exercising now to tone up muscles, and still only do 2-3 days a week for 30 minutes.

- Nope, MFP set mine at 1260 and I left it there. The only things I adjusted were the sodium (down) and the fiber (up).

- Realistically - yes, it takes longer. If I actually follow the calorie limits every day, I lose like they say I will, but honestly I don't. I see a lot of people struggle with off days and binges, and I do as well. I'd say my weight loss is 1/2 of what it could be if I strictly followed the regimen.

6. If you are relatively healthy, but just carry a significant amount (say 30-50lbs) of extra weight, it's harder for you to see results than someone who is not relatively healthy (meaning hdl, ldl, cholesterol, bp all in line).
    - I'd say this differs by person. I couldn't see any real change in my face, but I did see it in my abdomen and thighs. This is where measurements and pictures are really important. I didn't see the change until I started doing comparisons. And I still have high cholesterol, it just runs in the family.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

1. I do the 30DS (25 minutes), sometimes I bike to work, but I don't belong to a gym.
    4. MFP set my calories at 1290, and I bumped them to 1500... seems to be working fine.
    5. I've lost 18 lbs in 3 months, without killing myself at the gym or cutting out all the foods I like... in fact, I eat chocolate or some gummi bears every day :D
    6. My total weight loss goal is 50 lbs.. I am otherwise healthy (well, I have asthma), but I am managing to lose weight weight ok.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    So..
    to summarize what you're trying to say is that anyone who has success with weight loss is a professional who's already done it, starves themselves, and works out all day and every day. Adding that you have no intention of exercising more than twice a week and no more than 30 minutes at a time. So as the universe won't change its rules for you, and everyone is damaging themselves or faking it why should you bother?

Did I get all that right?

You sound more like you're trying to justify not making a serious attempt.

My calories are at 1900, I work out five to six days a week for one to two hours a day more if i feel like it, and I do not justify cramming bad food into my body because it's "hard" not to. This does not take up the Majority of my day Two hours a day six days a week is only 12 hours. That is only 12 our of 168 hours.

Yes it can be done with kids, or even a spouse. You can even do it when you are over weight. IF you want it badly enough. you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

In this case I am asking you to prove me wrong, I have some pretty harsh statements and I need real live facts to help me squash these theories. I want the fat voices in my head to "shut the front door":

Let's start with these.
    *Remember, these are the fat voices in my head that I'm fighting*
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My next door neighbor has lost 45 pounds, which I consider to be "significant" being a single mom, working full-time, and receiving zero support from her ex-husband...so she doesn't have "kidless" days or weekends when her son is at his dad's. She makes time and asks for help.
    Again, nope. My neighbor started tracking what she ate, made better choices for herself, food-wise, and spends no more than 45 minutes, every other day exercising.
    Nope. I have mine set at 1460...intentionally. With exercise, I'm usually eating between 1,700-1,900 calories a day.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I'm a bit bothered by the OP's post. Seems like they are looking for a reason not to start. Congrats, you've found it.

I didn't lose weight for my wife, for my friends on MFP, or for my kids. I did it for me. I was the one that switched from eating crap to eating veggies and fruit. I am the one that hauls my butt out of bed every weekday at 4:30 so I can ride a bus to work in the dark, and hit the gym for 45 minutes of sweat before I go to work for 10 hours. Why? Because I need to. Not even want to, I need to. I hate the gym. I hate not sleeping in. I hate the cold mornings. I love that I'm 199 lbs and not 230, headed for 300.

I need to live long enough to see my 11 year old get married. I need to bounce grandkids on my knee, and grow old with my wife. All that rests on my shoulders. Nobody elses.

I don't care if I was this weight before and you think it's a do-over. What difference does that make?

You will only succeed when you ignore everyone else on this site, and do it for you. If you want it, it can happen. Keep looking for reasons not to, and shockingly, you'll get exactly that, nothing.

I wish you the best on your goals.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Which women gets their calories set at 1600-1700 calories??? I would LOVE that! I only started being "allowed" to have extra because I breastfeed, but that only gets me 300 more. I have to exercise for the rest. Is it height?

You can adjust how fast you want to lose your weight. I'm not in any hurry, so I have mine set to lost 1/2 pound a week. It also depends on your daily activity level, and I believe you can manually adjust it as well.