What is your reason for running?

Options
1235»

Replies

• chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. It's a totally selfish hour all about me. The rest of my day is pretty much dedicated to looking after others, this is ME time!

2. I never thought I could run for 10 minutes straight, let alone an hour.

3. There's something addicting about 5k and 10k races, even when I finish at the bottom of the pack.

4. Every day is a chance to be a little better (and faster) than the day before! :)

Oh... and the calorie burn is a nice bonus...
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    zombies

This is literally what I'm training for...lol! The Run For Your Lives 5K obstacle course infested with zombies! :)

OH MY GOD how did I not know something like this existed?! I'm going to start training for this tomorrow! :love:
  • techymum
    Options
    I started because I wanted more than I was getting form my walks. Before I knew it someone had mentioned signing up for a 5k. The feelings I experienced each little step as I got better are hard to describe. The night I ran my first 5k and ran the entire distance, alone, I just knew that as long as I train and prepare for something, I have no limits.

Oh, and it is completely addicting. :-)
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel AWESOME!!!!!!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Because I committed to running a 5K and the only way I will ever accomplish that is by training.

Me too! I want to be able to participate in "Tough Mudder" without being dead last. So to get ready for that startin gin December I'll begin a C25K with cross training to get ready to do a "Warrior Dash" AND then maybe at the end of next year I'll be ready for those 11-13 miles for Tough Mudder!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    zombies

This is literally what I'm training for...lol! The Run For Your Lives 5K obstacle course infested with zombies! :)

OH MY GOD how did I not know something like this existed?! I'm going to start training for this tomorrow! :love:

I NEED to do this race!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My Belly fat!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Time to clear my head, pushing myself harder and further everytime and it giving me great legs doesnt hurt either :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Because I committed to running a 5K and the only way I will ever accomplish that is by training

Me too! I want to be able to participate in "Tough Mudder" without being dead last. So to get ready for that startin gin December I'll begin a C25K with cross training to get ready to do a "Warrior Dash" AND then maybe at the end of next year I'll be ready for those 11-13 miles for Tough Mudder!

if it starts with a gin, that sounds like my kind of race. Very civilised.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Because I committed to running a 5K and the only way I will ever accomplish that is by training

if it starts with a gin, that sounds like my kind of race. Very civilised.
  • haileemou
    Options
    I want to lose weight

I want to achieve something

I want to prove to myself iI can take control of my body again and my illness will NOT win

I want people to know im not fat and lazy, im sick and trying

I love the feeling of just me and my music and my thoughts - its like therapy for me!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love it because it's great cardio and I feel so free. I feel it's one of the times that I have just for me and I can clear my mind :)