Options
    bump for later <3
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. :smile: I am doing much better but my son is still the same. I was hoping he would come home by Friday for my birthday but my husband said not likely. He is hoping Ody will come home early next week. All that matters is Ody is stable and he is getting what he needs to get better. We will take one day at a time. Thank you again for your prayers and well wishes. Have a great night. :)
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. :smile: I am doing much better but my son is still the same. I was hoping he would come home by Friday for my birthday but my husband said not likely. He is hoping Ody will come home early next week. All that matters is Ody is stable and he is getting what he needs to get better. We will take one day at a time. Thank you again for your prayers and well wishes. Have a great night. :)
    I'm glad to hear that you are better and that Ody has stablilized. Happy Birthday to you tomorrow. I will continue to be praying for you and your son.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: angiemcnett - I'm glad to hear things are improving. Day by day... :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Ok, how about a "Fall" recipe to get things moving into Autumn (starts tomorrow in case anyone was wondering, lol). I've already gone "picking" once this season and I'm sure I'm going to be heading out a couple more times before the winter rears its ugly head. Get outside and pick those fresh veggies and fruits... IT'S APPLE TIME!!!

APPLE TURNOVERS

Ingredients

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    2 medium-size Granny Smith apples (about 1 pound), peeled, cored and grated
    1/4 cup dried currants
    2 tablespoons sugar
    Pinch ground nutmeg
    4 ounces (1/2 package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
    1 egg, separated
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
    1 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
    Make It

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples, currants, sugar and nutmeg. Cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in cream cheese, egg yolk, flour and lemon zest.

2. Unfold one of the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll out slightly to measure 12 inches square. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pastry into 9 equal squares (each 4 inches per side).

3. Spoon 1 tablespoon apple mixture into the center of one square. Fold in half diagonally to form a triangle. Seal open edges with a fork and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with a little egg white. Repeat with remaining squares.

4. Bake at 400 degrees F for 14 to 15 minutes, until puffed and nicely browned on top. While turnovers bake, repeat rolling, filling and folding with remaining pastry sheet, filling and brushing with egg white.

5. Remove turnovers from baking pans to wire rack to cool, at least 10 minutes. Best if served same day as baking; reheat in 350 degrees F oven for 5 minutes.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings Per Recipe 18
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 180
    Protein(gm)3
    Carbohydrate(gm)21
    Fat, total(gm)10
    Cholesterol(mg)18
    Saturated fat(gm)3
    Dietary Fiber, total(gm)2
    Sodium(mg)119
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    And another apple recipe for a non-dessert dish...

HARVEST SOUP

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup chopped carrot
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/3 cup chopped onion
    1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
    2 medium Golden Delicious apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    Ground black pepper to taste
    Whole grain croutons
    Make It

1. In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and starting to brown. Add the squash, apple, and broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.

2. Puree the soup, in batches if necessary, in a blender or food processor, or with an immersion blender. Season to taste with pepper and serve topped with whole grain croutons. Makes 4 to 6 servings (about 6-1/2 cups).

Nutrition Facts
    Servings Per Recipe 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 185
    Protein(gm)6
    Carbohydrate(gm)35
    Fat, total(gm)4
    Saturated fat(gm)1
    Monosaturated fat(gm)2
    Dietary Fiber, total(gm)6
    Sugar, total(gm)14
    Vitamin A (IU)(IU)173
    Vitamin C(mg)36
    Thiamin(mg)0
    Riboflavin(mg)0
    Niacin(mg)2
    Folate(µg)52
    Sodium(mg)531
    Potasium(mg)702
    Calcium(DV %)91
    Iron(DV %)1
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    By the way are we still measuring ourselves once a month?

YES, AAAHHHHHHHH..... We are already at the 25th?!?!? Where did that last month go?!?!?

Yes please, send me your new measurements with this week's weigh in. I am tracking it all, just haven't posted it yet. Once I have everyone's from this month, I will find a way to get that information to you in a "ledgible" manner. The way the chart looks right now for the measurements is quite scary :noway: so I will work on making it pretty :smooched:
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Jenn-
    Just wanted to thank you for your work in all of this. Hasn't been easy for you with the hurricaine!!!! Wanted to let you know that on Friday I will weigh and post my CW. I will be leaving that afternoon for 17 days in Italy and won't have access to a scale. I want to stay in the challenge and will start weighing again when I come home...week of the 14th. Thanks!!!!

YAY!!! Enjoy Italy!!! We'll see you when you get back!
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    So I've kinda been sucking...but ready to get it back together. Lost sight of my water intake and can definitely notice the difference. So glad to jump back on the wagon and make e best out of thees 15 weeks...planks super nervous and excited about it..yeah!!! Also a little confused as to what day is now weigh in day, is it still friday thru Sunday or was it moved to monday? Hope all is well with everyone...

Friday-Sunday for the weigh-ins. I opened it up to Monday's only because I usually don't update the charts until Monday and I was still missing a lot of weigh-ins by the time Monday rolled around.
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    I'm ready! I have been slacking myself, but am back on the right track! I will do the challenges !!! Life gets in the way sometimes, but I'm just pushing it out of the way! I'll post some recipes! I missed some time in between, what do we do with the $5?

Kathy

The $5 challenge was to put $5 away each week when you weigh in. When we started this, it would have been $100 for yourself as a Christmas present for all of your hard work.

QUOTE FROM WEEK 3
    PERSONAL CHALLENGE:
    What would you do with $100? New clothes? Fancy dinner? Personal trainer?
    Got $5 on you? GOOD!!! Now put it away! Stick it in the pants pocket of your "Goal Jeans"! Put it in the back of your dresser drawer! But PUT IT AWAY! And do the same thing every week from now until Christmas! We have 20 weeks left and if we put away $5 every time we weigh in for this challenge, we'll have our own nice little Christmas present waiting for us to CELEBRATE OUR CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN CHALLENGE COMPLETION!!!! (That's a lot of "C's")
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Jenn- Thank you for all of your work on the charts and keeping us motivated. :)
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    John Soule's Foods - Chicken Breast Fajitas, 1 container (24 oz ea.) 800 16 20 168
    Bertolli - Garlic Alfredo Sauce, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 770 21 70. 14
    Ronzoni - Angel Hair Pasta, 8 oz 840. 168 4 28

Calories. Carbs. Fat. Protein        
    Total: 2410 205 94 210
    Per Serving: 482 41 19 42
    Serves 5 people

Cut chicken to desisiered size add chicken
    And trampling season from bag to pot and cook
    When chicken is cooked add Alfredo sauce and turn dire to
    Low medium to warm
    Cook noodles serve and enjoy
  • yramesor333
    Options
    hi ccc friends
    kinda getting discouraged again ..i wanted 2 be in onederland for my bday !!!! well yesterday was my bday and not even close havent been cheating and gained 2 pounds (211 now) sometimes i feel like what the heck why not cheat im gaining weight eating right bleh
    here is a recipe i made yesterday for my birthday dinner was awesome

REUBEN SANGA

Prep Time:

15 Min

Cook Time:

30 Min

Yield 4 sandwiches

Ingredients

■spray butter
    ■8 slices rye bread
    ■16 slices deli sliced corned beef
    ■8 slices lOW FAT Swiss cheese
    ■1 cup sauerkraut, drained
    ■1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing fat free
    squeeze kraut out and mix with dressing

Directions

1.Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
    2.Lightly spray both sides of bread slices. and grill on one side,flip over add 1 cheese ,4 slices of corned beef,kraut mixture,another piece of cheese then bread
    3.Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Serve hot
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    hi ccc friends
    kinda getting discouraged again ..i wanted 2 be in onederland for my bday !!!! well yesterday was my bday and not even close havent been cheating and gained 2 pounds (211 now) sometimes i feel like what the heck why not cheat im gaining weight eating right bleh
    here is a recipe i made yesterday for my birthday dinner was awesome

REUBEN SANGA

Prep Time:

15 Min

Cook Time:

30 Min

Yield 4 sandwiches

Ingredients

■spray butter
    ■8 slices rye bread
    ■16 slices deli sliced corned beef
    ■8 slices lOW FAT Swiss cheese
    ■1 cup sauerkraut, drained
    ■1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing fat free
    squeeze kraut out and mix with dressing

Directions

1.Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
    2.Lightly spray both sides of bread slices. and grill on one side,flip over add 1 cheese ,4 slices of corned beef,kraut mixture,another piece of cheese then bread
    3.Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, about 5 minutes per . Serve hot

Oh gosh - I understand why you feel discouraged... but you have come a long way!!! look at your pictures from when you started. Time to start over, You know I have been struggling, and sometimes I am just not being honest with myself in counting my food, or tastes or bites :wink: Also I know things get busy and it's so hard to stay on schedule. Keep those healthy snacks in the house. Now I am tweaking things and refocusing on my water and all the things I should be doing veggies, sleep, exercise etc. I have also excepted that I have to find yummy things with lower calories you know the lifestyle change. You can do it! How's your exercise, are you inspired by the Biggest Loser??? It just started :bigsmile:

Keep you chin up - dust off the bike :flowerforyou:
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok weighing in tomorrow... Hoping for a loss. I've been stuck at 194 for almost 3 weeks... I Need a loss... Well want one :)
    To all those struggling... We all have those days.. Lets just take this one day at a time... WE CAN DO THIS!! It's a life style change and change is hard...but we ARE worth it!!! Good luck everyone on your weigh in...
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Recipt I use a ton... Sorry I'm not exactly sure on the calories but it's healthy... And I'm sure if we use good portion size it's ok..

Crock pot Mexican chicken

4-6 Boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 cans black beans
    2 cans corn
    1 medium size bottle favorite salsa 10-16 oz( make it as hot or mild as you like) I use pace mild

Add corn and beans to bottom of crock pot... Chicken then salsa on top...
    Cook for about 4-6 hrs depending on your crock pot..
    Once chicken Is done take out and shred then mix in crock pot simmer for 30 mins or so...

Great for tacos, burritos, my favorite salads!!! Hope you all enjoy!!!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week.

Current Weight -226,

I am okish with that as I havent really been exercising and food choice have been a bit on the crap side. I have ordered UFC Fighter training for the PS3 for the nights I am on lates and can't make it to the gym.

Angie- I am so sorry to hear about your son, I hope he gets better soon and I will send you some strenght so you can remain positive and strong for me.

Good quote with the just keep swimming I shall be doing just that
    I will try and get messurements tonight and pop them on and start on those planks.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    planks? :sad:

I know those from the 30DS.... ack! Ok, Ok, getting to it....

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's struggles. I hope things get better in the future. Especially you, Angie! :flowerforyou: