Hips: 40.75
    Arms: L 11.5, R 11.5
    Thigh: L 19.75, R 19.5
    Bust: 41

Keep up the hard work everyone!!!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A nice Chinese dish without all of the calories.

Bourbon Chicken
    Ingredients
    2 lbschicken breasts; cut in bite-size pieces
    1 tbspolive oil; (up to 2 tbsp)
    Sauce:
    1 clovegarlic; crushed
    1/4 tspginger
    1/2 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 cupapple juice
    1/3 cuplight brown sugar
    2 tbspketchup
    1/2 tbspcider vinegar
    1/2 cupwater
    1/3 cupsoy sauce
    How to Prepare Bourbon Chicken

1. Heat oil in large skillet.
    2. Add chicken pieces; stir-fry until lightly browned.
    3. Remove chicken.
    4. Mix together remaining ingredients; stir into skillet and heat
    over medium heat until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
    5. Return chicken to skillet and bring to a hard boil.
    6. Reduce heat to slow simmer and cook approx. 20 min. or
    until chicken is tender.
    7. If necessary, thicken sauce with slurry of 3/4 T. cornstarch
    and 3/4 T. water.
    8. Serve over hot rice and ENJOY!!!!!
    Per Serving: calories 271, carbs 15, fat 4, protein 35 fiber 0, calcium 1
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I've been so inactive in our thread. I've really been doing terrible. And I was seriously just going to forget about this challenge cause of the lack of progress I've made. Ughhh... But I still want to look better for Christmas - I am just going to get my butt in gear!! I've realized that I don't have a problem keeping up with my workouts, and I can eat good all day, the problem comes to the evening when I throw away all my hard work and eat like a complete different person than I was all day. Ugh...any advise for avoiding the evening snacking would be awesome!
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Currentl weight 190.6 - loss of 1.4lb this week. At last it is starting to slowly come off once again! :happy:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I've been so inactive in our thread. I've really been doing terrible. And I was seriously just going to forget about this challenge cause of the lack of progress I've made. Ughhh... But I still want to look better for Christmas - I am just going to get my butt in gear!! I've realized that I don't have a problem keeping up with my workouts, and I can eat good all day, the problem comes to the evening when I throw away all my hard work and eat like a complete different person than I was all day. Ugh...any advise for avoiding the evening snacking would be awesome!

The only thought that comes to mind, is to go to bed early... lol I'm sorry, but I have the same problem. My coping mechanism is avoidance. Good Luck and good for you for not giving up when the going got tough!

On another note everyone, I've been trying to do the planks... started yesterday, since that's when I read it on the thread. The most that I can last as of now, is 30 seconds... I've only completed 3 minutes so far. However, I'm no quitter, it may take me a little while longer, but I will get the full 25 minutes in. In fact, I have given myself a personal challenge to be able to hold it for 2 minutes straight by Christmas. I know I can get there, I just can't give up.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options

So glad you're back Don't give up!!!! I used to do the same thing. I am trying to think of what has changed to make afternoons and evening easier for me:huh: I think some of it is focus, but the rest is that I am busy in the afternoon evening. I have to go to 4:30 or 5:45 gym classes. I have running class M,W @ 5;30, so when I am done I drink a protein shake and I am off to take care of my Dad 3 nights a week or get home to help with dinner...then hit the shower light snack DVR, Bed :bigsmile: I really think when you are wanting to grab that snack you need to think about it first, or walk down the street and back and then see if you still NEED it.

I am starting to look up quotes because they are to the point and meaningful. I found a GREAT one........Ready???????????

IF HUNGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM - THEN EATING IS NOT THE SOLUTION!!!!

I don't know about you but I eat when I am stressed, bord or just cause I want to! That's a good one for us to remember :bigsmile:
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    I had a huge nsv last night!!! Was walking around walmart and got hungry for ice cream. Instead if going to the grocery isle and buying some I went home did 30 DS and went to bed ( bathed first of course ). I'm very proud if myself
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I had a huge nsv last night!!! Was walking around walmart and got hungry for ice cream. Instead if going to the grocery isle and buying some I went home did 30 DS and went to bed ( bathed first of course ). I'm very proud if myself

Congratulations!! Excellent choices:happy:

At first I stopped going down the ice cream aisle when the prices went up & it wasn't going on sale anymore. Now I have found that I am not really thinking about the ice cream aisle when I get to the grocery store. Baby steps in making better choices.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wt today: 194

I'm up 0.8, but I expected that considering my two consecutive weeks of big losses the last couple weeks. Plus, I'm on my period. Tomorrow I measure, and I hope I see some downward movement there! :smile:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday. Although rainy here, we still were able to enjoy my company's walk-a-thon this morning followed by and afternoon and evening of helping a friend paint her house. My body is screaming right now to go to bed. So I shall listen :yawn:

Keep the weigh-ins and measurements coming in! The sooner I get them, the faster we get the chart.

AND DON'T FORGET TO PLANK!!! Going to do 5 minutes now :grumble: The pain is worth the results :bigsmile: :sad: :bigsmile: :sad: :bigsmile:
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    Sorry Ive been MIA as been sick as a dog. I'm just getting over the flu now and it looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on!!!
    so weigh in this week is 225.1 Pretty happy as haven't been able to exercise but Ive been still eating healthy and drinking heaps of water.

Ok off to read all your posts that Ive missed

Have a great week everyone!!!
  • PositivePower
    Options

Amazing!!!! Way to Go!!!!!!
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    Cw 183
    ARM 11,5
    bust 38
    waist 34.75
    hips 42.25
    thigh 22

Nsv: went to universal studios tonight to see blue man group with my dad for our birthdays. I wore the new outfit I bought. I felt pretty. I felt more confident then I have in years...not once did I walk looking at the ground. I wasn't troubled with eye contact....this is big for me!! I did however fail miserably eatting this weekend although I didn't have any fried foods!! Tomorrows a new day!
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    CW: 175

Bust: 41.5
    Waist: 38.5
    Hips: 39.5
    Arm: 13.5
    Thigh: 25

Can't explain my loss this week, didn't expect it at all after losing 2 pounds last week but I'll take it!!
    I have been on MFP for 2 months now and have lost 13 pounds. That's good progress as far as I'm concerned. I would happily take another 13 pounds over the next 3 months until Christmas. Slow and steady....

Planks are soooo difficult!! Nowhere near the 25 min mark yet but I'm gonna keep trying and will get them done along with our new challenge this week.

Good luck everyone! xx
  • azeria
    Options
    I woke up bright and early this morning on my on and in a great mood! So, after I woke up my fiance and drove him to work, I decided to bring back one of our earlier challenge and went and did some jump rope. My personal challenge was to get to 500 skips, I was struggling after 50, but with a few breaks in between, I got it done! I burned 218 calories for the skipping that I did.... Now that I am starting to breath normal again (according to my hrm, my heart rate was up to 97%), maybe I'll go try one more minute of plank. still have lots of time to put in for that challenge!
  • azeria
    Options
    Ok, I was talking to my niece about the plank and apparently I was starting at the hardest level. So, I did some research and found this progression video, where it starts with the easiest plank to the hardest. I'm going to try the different levels and see what I can do. Of course, always pushing myself to get to the next level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrHG7m4m4-A

Thought some of you might like to see the different levels also.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :smooched:

CW 150 (not moving at all got to do something different)
    hips 381/2
    waist 31 1/2
    bust 32 1/2
    thigh 20 1/2
    arms 10

Have a Bless Day I'm headed to church!!!
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Measurements and weight the same as last month. 160 still! At least I lost the three pound gain I had on Monday:( Let's hope that trend continues.
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    I'm sorry, 4 servings
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Cw 183
    ARM 11,5
    bust 38
    waist 34.75
    hips 42.25
    thigh 22

Nsv: went to universal studios tonight to see blue man group with my dad for our birthdays. I wore the new outfit I bought. I felt pretty. I felt more confident then I have in years...not once did I walk looking at the ground. I wasn't troubled with eye contact....this is big for me!! I did however fail miserably eatting this weekend although I didn't have any fried foods!! Tomorrows a new day!

Wow that is really COOL! This weight thing can really change our lives when we decide to make these positive changes! I am so happy for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou: Was it a good show? I would like to go see them.

Today you will do GREAT! You can do it..... I have another quote...IF YOU THINK YOU CAN YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN'T YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go make good choices that goes for all of us :wink: The quote goe for Planks too :laugh: