Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #9

Options

Replies

• kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    After trying the planks - I set my daily goal for 3 minutes in 30 second slots. Day 3 = 9 minutes down.

My daughter's bf just joined the airforce & is in basic training right now. This has motivated my daughter to become fit in 8 weeks. She came to me for advice & I mentioned the 30 ds. She was sold after seeing some before/after pics on here. Soooo... last night we tried it out together. We both were immediately sore!!! It must be working because we both felt it. This morning when I was attempting the planks I was beginning to feel like a hard core exerciser... I wish!! Thanks Jenn for pushing us - If I can keep up the 3 min/day it will take me a bit longer than Sunday, but I can get to the 25 minutes a few days late.

Angie - was thankful to hear you are on the mend & praying that your son will be back home soon with this all behind him
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have done 9 miuntes of planks. It's a KILLER!!!!! But worth it. I need to my act together and stay on track.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    CW: 186. Running out door for my trip. Didn't get measurements done, but will measure next month. Have great couple of weeks all!!!! Ciao!!!!
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CW 192.8 yippee

Measurements 9/23/11
    Bust 42 same
    Waist 41 same
    Hips 47 down 1.5
    Arm 12 same
    Thigh 22 same

Time to step up my toning... I feel there should be more changes In my measurement that there is... Oh well here's to a new week!!
    Good luck and have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    CW: 161.6 (150's are getting close! I can feel it!)

Measurements (in inches):
    Chest: 42
    Waist: 39.5
    Hips: 40.5
    Thigh: 24
    Arms: 13.5
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY OMG I HAVE A LOSS!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You guys have heard my challenges, :mad: you have also heard I am not giving up :tongue: ......so you strugglers you have to keep making good choices and moving and it WORKS!!!!! I still have a ways to go but feeling better and stronger. We have to stick together...I still have that self image problem where I look in the mirror at the gym and say bad things like you are far from thin, you have a long way to go. I have gotten some new gym clothes alittle more flattering and my POSITIVE challenge to myself is just like one of my CCC friends said earlier, saying something nice to myself. I am going to start patting myself on the back. When I am thin ( which I really can't remember too well) I don't have a problem telling my self I look good!!!

Let's Do This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CW 190.3
    B - 38
    W - 35
    H - 43
    T - 24
    A - 12

Getting my hair cut and colored today, that ALWAYS makes me feel good :happy: :heart:
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Angie - So sorry to hear y'all haven't been feeling well. Glad that your son is doing better in the hospital. I'll be praying that he comes home sooner than later!!

Sugs - HAVE FUN IN ITALY :drinker: !!! I hope you could hear me! hehe :laugh:

Jiminyc - HAVE FUN AT DISNEY WORLD :drinker: !! I hope you could hear me, too!! hehe :laugh:

Chrisraem - I, too, am having difficulty with my water intake. I was doing a great job through the summer, but now that the temps have gone down, so has my water consumption. I am trying to get it back up again, but it's not so easy.

Nevermorex - I hope the new meds situation improves quickly! Perhaps there is another change in the future?? Sorry. :cry:

Lesleyta - Congratulations on getting below 200!! Woo Hoo!!! :flowerforyou:

Irishmomof2 - I hope your recovery from your surgery is quick!! :flowerforyou:

I am also struggling with my motivation and getting the scale to move to the left. I had a good couple of weeks, then the scale started moving the right again. That discourages me more than anything else. I am now getting on the scale everyday in the hopes that will motivate me to make the scale move the other way. With both my boys in football this season, I"ve been lax with my walking having to take them to practice and being on a time constraint. But, I've decided that I don't need to go to practice... my husband can take them. Then I can take the dog for a walk to get my exercise in. Last night, Sam and I went on our first walk together in a week. I thought she was gonna kill me! Because she likes to run, she had me at a near run the entire walk and I actually completed a normally one hour walk in 34 minutes!! What a workout! I'm kind of looking forward to doing that again, even tho my body was really hurting later that evening! I really need to focus on my eating habits tho. I still eat very little during the day, and consume most of my calories at night. Not good! But I'm working on it! One baby step ata time!!!

Don't know about those planks, Jenn!!! :huh: But I'll do my very best!!!

I'm so very glad that I'm a part of this group! I just wish I could access it from my phone!
    I'll try to get on the computer more often so I can keep up with the thread!
    Let's all keep up the good works, and get those scale needles moving to the left!!!! :heart:
    Denise
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Measurements:

Neck: 17
    Chest: 52 1/4
    Waist: 52
    Hips: 62
    Arm: 16 3/4
    Thigh: 29
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cordon Bleu Nuggets
    Ingredients [ View Metric ] 2 eacheggs
    1 cupbread crumbs
    1 tspthyme
    .5 cupflour
    6 slicesham; deli sliced, cut lengthwise into 4 strips each
    6 slicesswiss cheese; cut lengthwise into 4 strips each
    1 breastchicken; cut into 24 chunks
    How to Prepare Chicken Cordon Bleu Nuggets
    Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a splash of water. On a plate, combine the breadcrumbs and thyme. On another plate, combine the flour with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Lay 12 ham strips on a work surface. Top each with a cheese strip. Place a chicken chunk toward the end of each strip and roll up to enclose the chicken.

Working with 1 chicken nugget at a time, lightly coat with the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Transfer seam side down to the prepared baking sheets. Lightly spray the nuggets with cooking spray and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.

I put this into to the my recipe section and came up with 331 calories, 28 carbs, 11fat, 31 protein, 1 fiber, 26 calcium
    My whole family loved these, hope you enjoy
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :drinker: GOOOOODDD AFTERNOON EVERYONE!!!! It's finally Friday :)
    Let the weigh-in/measurements begin!!!:drinker:

I'm so happy to have you all still with me on this journey! I am feeling much better mentally and now it's time to get myself feeling better physically! Thank you all so much for the motivation and support :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    And don't forget about the recipes! I want to have a nice little book to give all of you :smooched:
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Bust 42 same
    Waist 37 same
    Hips 40 lost 4 inches!!!
    Thighs 42 lost .5!!!
    Arm 13.5 same

Weigh in is tomorrow for me so we will see. I had lost motivation last week, but I got it back!! The girls at work have decided we are all dressing up fir Halloween , so I gotta drop some of these pounds!! And what better costume than. "Snooki" for jersey shore!!! I'm going to have so much fun with this !!
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    I miss that crunch that comes with fried foods. Then I found Planko bread crumbs (Asian section of supermarket). For awesome chicken tenders try this....

1lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
    3 egg white lightly beaten
    2 cups Pablo crumbs
    2 tbsp dijon mustard
    1 tap chipolte pepper puree
    1tbsp honey
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven 450f
    Season chicken with salt and pepper
    Place egg whites in shallow bowl and crumbs on plate
    Dip chicken in egg then coat completely with crumbs.
    Bake 10-12 min on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray until crumbs are browned and chicken is firm.

Combine in large bowl mustard chipolte and honey.
    Toss cooked chicken in bowl until evenly coated.

Taste like Chilis crispy crispers except you save 1680 calories, 106.5 g fat (YES 106.5!!!!!!!) And 4040mg sodium!!

Stats are around
    250 cal
    1.5 g fat 0 sat fat
    350 mg sodium

I love my new book....ill post more when I get to a computer. Doing this on my phone sucked!!! Lol
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I miss that crunch that comes with fried foods. Then I found Planko bread crumbs (Asian section of supermarket). For awesome chicken tenders try this....

2 cups Pablo crumbs
    2 tbsp dijon mustard
    1tbsp honey
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven 450f
    Bake 10-12 min on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray until crumbs are browned and chicken is firm.

Taste like Chilis crispy crispers except you save 1680 calories, 106.5 g fat (YES 106.5!!!!!!!) And 4040mg sodium!!

Stats are around
    250 cal
    1.5 g fat 0 sat fat
    350 mg sodium

I love my new book....ill post more when I get to a computer. Doing this on my phone sucked!!! Lol
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    ******How many servings?*******

2 cups Pablo crumbs
    2 tbsp dijon mustard
    1tbsp honey
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven 450f

Stats are around
    250 cal
    1.5 g fat 0 sat fat
    350 mg sodium

• shelly650
    Options
    todays weigh in - 160.2lbs another gain! But I gained more during the week, but lost most of it!! Now to lose this other 2lbs I gained and get my butt into gear!!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm down a lb & now TOM is here :(
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    CW: 219.6

Measurements:
    Waist: 42.5 (loss .5 in)
    Hips: 51.5 (loss1.5 in)
    Arms: 15 (same)
    Thigh: 27 (loss .25 in)
    Bust: 46 (same)
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    weigh in time.
    CW: 156.4
    Yay! down 1 pound.
    bust 37.5
    hips 41
    arms 15
    thighs 23
    waist 37
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    CW: 195

Bust: 48.5
    Waist: 47
    Hips: 49.5
    Arm: 13
    Thigh: 22.5

I've been kind of out of the loop for this thread all week. Trying to keep my head above water with the drama in my life. You know, I always loved to watch Soap Operas, I just never wanted to live in one. But, I keep telling myself to take things one day at a time and not to allow others to make me feel bad about myself. I will get there.

I'm going to go read all that I missed now, but saw that there was some illness this week. I hope that everyone is slowly getting back to good health.