Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #9

Options

Replies

• phoenix113
    phoenix113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    CW 210. Down 3 this week and back on track. I have a great recipe for Fish Tacos (I hate fish and I love it) I will post today. Been meaning to get to that all week. I just need to dig it up today. Also my measuring tape is MIA. I will try to find that as well and get you measurements. Have a great week everyone>
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    CW: 239.4 same

B: 45
    W: 47.5
    H: 52
    A: 14.5
    T: 28
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    I know you want recipes but how about helpful hints section...I have a bunch of those

Example-
    Fresh spinach is 90% water and when cooked shrivelled to nothing. Frozen spinach cost half as much and yields significantly more. Which is great for the following recipe....

Healthier version of Chilis spinach and artichoke dip...

4 lg whole wheat pitas
    1/2 tbs butter
    1 onion finely chopped
    3 garlic cloves finely chopped
    1 jar (12oz) artichokes hearts in water drained and chopped
    1 box chopped frozen spinach thawed
    1 can 4oz roasted green chilis drained and chopped
    2 tbs olive oil mayo (made by kraft or hellmanns)
    2 tbs whipped cream cheese
    Juice of 1 lemon
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cut pitas into 6-8 wedges each. Spread onto 2 baking sheets and bake at 400f for 5 min or until crisp.

Heat butter in skillet over med heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 min or until soft. Add artichokes , spinach, chilis, mayo , cream cheese and lemon juice. Cook stirring often for 5 min or until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pitas!

Serving size 4
    270 cal (as opposed to 1040)
    10g fat (as opposed to 85)
    520 mg sodium (as opposed to 3320)

I personally would use cooking spray instead of butter to reduce sodium and fat
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    CW: 194

Measurements:

Bust: 42.5 (down 0.5)
    Hips: 41 (same)
    Thigh: 24.5 (same)
    Arm: 13 (same)
    Waist: 39 (down 1")

Whatever I'm doing is just not working to get my triceps down, argh! But happy to see my waist smaller this month :)
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    I hate my arms and found the best work out is boxing. If you have access to a WII golds gym cardio is perfect!!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I swear the humidity here is about 106%!!! :sick: So mowing and landscaping in this was probably not the best idea :grumble:

Hope everyone's weekend is going well! :flowerforyou:
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    Ahh I have really fallen of track and have not been posting!

My CW: 153 so I gained a lb. I am going to be a bridesmaind at the end of October and would really like to be 146 lb. then! :(
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    For my rec.
    Chicken fried “rice”

1 trimmed head of cauliflower
    4 Tbsp. olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    3-4 cups diced, cooked chicken (I boil the chicken in a bit of salt and then shred it with a fork)
    3 eggs
    1 tsp. salt
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1 yellow onion, chopped
    2 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
    1/4 cup Asian chili sauce such as Sriarcha*

*If you like a kick!

Grate the cauliflower using the medium sized holes of a grater. Grate the core too. With your hands squeeze out as much water as you can. This may not be necessary for some cauliflower as they vary in degree of wetness.

Over high heat, heat the oil in a wok or large heavy frying pan and add the garlic. Stir-fry until pale gold. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion. Cook until onion is transparent. Add the meat and fry until lightly browned. Break in the eggs and fry until softly scrambled. Add the grated cauliflower, sprinkle with salt and stir and fry until it’s tender-crisp, about 5-8 minutes. The length of time will depend on the cauliflower. Pour soy sauce and Asian chili sauce* over mixture and gently mix.

Stir in the green onion and pepper. Check the seasoning and serve.
    This serves at least 3 – maybe 4 – depending on the size of your eaters.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    cw: 193

B - 44 (same)
    W - 41 (down 1")
    H - 47.5 (down 1")
    T - 26 (down .5" x2)
    A - 14 (down .5" x2)

Down 4 inches but weight stayed the same.
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Just got home from holidays so will post weight and measurements first thing tomorrow!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe my family loves. I got it when I was doing the WW program. It is a bit high on the sodium, but I think reasonable in the other areas. We call it Ketchup Chicken, but it seriously tastes like Barbeque Chicken. And it is Super Simple to make.

Ketchup Chicken

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    1 c. ketchup
    1 12 oz. can of diet cola (we usually use Diet Dr. Pepper)

Place chicken in electric skillet (or fry pan) - Pour ketchup and diet cola over the chicken - Bring to a boil & cover - Reduce heat - Cook 30 - 45 minutes until - turn heat back up & heat until sauce thickens

6 oz. serving
    210 calories
    16 carbs
    4 fat
    31 protein
    980 sodium
    1 fiber
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Waist 33.5 on 09/25/11
    Hips 36.0 on 09/25/11
    Breasts 34.0 on 09/25/11 I knew my chest was getting smaller!!!
    Thighs 21.0 on 09/25/11 Arms & legs are more tho....muscle??
    Arms 11.0 on 09/25/11
  • yramesor333
    Options
    hello
    ughhh my luck computer batterys died !!!! ill wait an weigh in next week ,thanks jenn
  • yramesor333
    Options
    My life has it a speed bump. My bad chest cold that I have had for a week is pneumonia. That explains why I can't breathe. Unfortunately I discovered it after I passed it along to my 18 y/o mentally disabled son. He now is in the hospital's ICU with a ventilator because his oxygen levels are low. I can't be there with him because I am still sick so my husband has to stay while I am at home with our 16 month old. Doctor told me to rest. I don't think it possible to rest with a toddler. I hope I get over this soon. It is breaking my heart not to be with my son. I hope the rest of you are having a better week. Have a great night.
    hope you and your son gets better soon !!! <3
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    CW 181

Bust 41
    Hips 42.5
    Waist 34
    Left Thigh 27
    Right Thigh 27
    Left Arm 15.5
    Right Arm 16
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I'll have to do my measurements later on tonight. My CW is 166.6 still the same :-(
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had a nsv today. When I got dressed for church I put on a dress that I have not worn for quite a while and it was huge. Last time I wore it was a bit tight, It kind of hung like a sack.
  • yramesor333
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY OMG I HAVE A LOSS!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You guys have heard my challenges, :mad: you have also heard I am not giving up :tongue: ......so you strugglers you have to keep making good choices and moving and it WORKS!!!!! I still have a ways to go but feeling better and stronger. We have to stick together...I still have that self image problem where I look in the mirror at the gym and say bad things like you are far from thin, you have a long way to go. I have gotten some new gym clothes alittle more flattering and my POSITIVE challenge to myself is just like one of my CCC friends said earlier, saying something nice to myself. I am going to start patting myself on the back. When I am thin ( which I really can't remember too well) I don't have a problem telling my self I look good!!!

Let's Do This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CW 190.3
    B - 38
    W - 35
    H - 43
    T - 24
    A - 12

Getting my hair cut and colored today, that ALWAYS makes me feel good :happy: :heart:
    AWESOME !!!! WTG !!!
    getting hair done always makes one feel better :)
    keep the motivation up...you inspire me !!! and keep me from not giving up !! thank you :)
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    cw: 186.8!!!!!!!!!!!

wasnt expecting it since we went out drinking last night! ugh let me just say a vodka hangover is not fun :( slept till 2 and i am still not recovered enough to do anything but lay on the couch!! I guess the 2 hours of bowling followed by a night of dancing burned the alcohol calories as i consumed them! Getting closer and closer to the 170"s!!!!!!!!! and im starting to here more of the "have you lost weight?" comments!!!

i rewarded myself on my walmart trip the other night, first peice of clothing ive bought myself in a long time. Brand new saints shirt for football season! Wore it yesturday to work and got lots of compliments on how great it looked on me! still had to get a 2x, but with boobs and a belly i had to. besides it was in the juniors departmetn :) and i hate wearing tight clothes!

im so glad i found this amazing group to keep me motivated on this journey, this is the most progress i have made in my journey!!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    have not been worth a darn.been pretty ill.
    so weigh in and back to bed for me.