What's one thing that attributed to your weight gain?

Options

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Wine.
    It never fails to add an extra 5-7 pounds through my midsection. :ohwell:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was a chubby kid and fat through most of middle and high school. I got into some bad habits. My oldest sis was raised to eat healthy but I think my mom fell off the wagon a bit with me and my other sister. We are close in age and she's autistic. Autistic kids are typically really picky eaters, so my mom kind of threw up her hands and threw us whatever she was willing to eat, which was a lot of mac n cheese and pizza.

Now if I gain weight, it's because I gave up to some extent. I don't keep weight off easily so if I "let myself go" to any extent, I gain weight. More recently, having to drive right by a bunch of fast food restaurants between work and home didn't help any. Now I live in the middle of nowhere and work from home so I make much better food choices.
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    College dining.
  • rllewell
    Options
    For me it was portion size and too much unhealthy eating & snacking. I was pretty good at working out at the gym or playing sports (mostly racquetball) regularly but was amazed that I still slowly gained weight over the years until the end of 2010. I finally got sick of being fat, designed an eating plan around the "17 Day Diet" Book and lost 40 lb.

Hit a bump in the road this summer with hernia surgery and being diagnosed with thyroid cancer. However I'm fully healed from the surgeries and done with my treatments so I'm finally able to get back to my eating plan and exercising again. Ten pounds were gained through the process so my first goal is to get back to my original weight before all this happened. Second goal will be to lose 10 more which would put me to the same weight as when I was in High School! : O
  • Not eating regular meals, not eating meals that filled me up. I used to have HORRIBLE portion control. Overeating, not taking time to savor food. Binging on candy and other cheap junk. Not taking liquid calories into account. Never working out.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I went from doing the once a week fast food treat meal to 6 days week of fast food and sometimes for more than one meal. I also moved right around the corner from a KFC and i could smell it sometimes. It was calling me. Plus i would always look forward to a movie and chips and dip or left over dinner after i put my son to bed.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Pizza for breakfast, Ramen noodles. Both very high in calories & not good for you at all.:noway:
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    For the last 30 lbs I'm trying to get off NOW... Taco Bell for sure and Domino's pizza. But growing up, my family would get these pies every now and then and I would eat a whole one to myself. I don't think I'd dare eat a whole one NOW. I can't believe how bad these are, my parents were oblivious, and the whole thing is just pure sugar.

dwazcl.jpg

Lol I remember these. I never really cared for them...except for the chocolate one. But I would eat it anyway when I was hungry. I bet our parents thought they were healthy because it says there is 'fruit' in it... hahahaha. My mom is still oblivious.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    lack of exercise, and my sweet tooth.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Wings, without a doubt. I could eat a hundred of them a day if available. I actually realized my problem and it was the final straw that led me to my new life style. At the end of June while spending a full day with my referee peers, we went out to a bar in early afternoon after our games were done. I ordered a dozen hot wings with my beer and ate the entire plate full plus the celery (and of course with plenty of ranch dressing). We left for a meeting and came back to the same place later with more of our peers to have dinner. So what did I order? Another dozen hot wings. Ate all those with the same condiments. Then one of my associates who had ordered a platter of 24 for the table asked me to help finish them, so tack on another 8. That's 32 wings in a day if you're counting!! I realized that night that I needed to make a change. Eating like that was only making me fatter and wasn't helping me as a referee.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I was thin before I got pregnant. I had 3 kids 5 and under. Never had time to lose it in between.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I don't blame 1 thing. I blame 3 people!
    1. John Labatts
    2. Ben
    3. Jerry

LOL, seriously, I blame my inactivity more than anything...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I stopped exercising.
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    heavy shoes. Seriously, being lazy and eating way too much fast food.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    for me it was going from a serving job where i was on my feet walking all night to a desk job where i sit for 8-12 hours a day... i got really really bad about not bringing my lunch... since i have started bringing my lunch to work again, i have started to drop the pounds and save money!! win win
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    My weight gain is due to working physically active jobs and then being unemployed off and on for the last five years and not adjusting my diet for lack of physical activity.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Denial.
  • Nelly_J
    Options
    I just learned today 4 grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon. So a pie that's 44 grams of sugar, take a glass and put 11 teaspoons of sugar in. Doesn't take long to realize that's a LOT of SUGAR! Not healthy. A coke is about the same. When I'm nervous, I want to eat. That's crazy.

Wow...That really put things into perspective for me; can't believe I would consume triple that amount a day!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy, laziness, misconception of my activity level, misconception of food portioning, and tater tots (couldn't pick just one)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    For the last 30 lbs I'm trying to get off NOW... Taco Bell for sure and Domino's pizza. But growing up, my family would get these pies every now and then and I would eat a whole one to myself. I don't think I'd dare eat a whole one NOW. I can't believe how bad these are, my parents were oblivious, and the whole thing is just pure sugar.

dwazcl.jpg

But it has real fruit filling right? :grumble: :noway: