What's one thing that attributed to your weight gain?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Anorexia, in the long term.

Obviously it made me very skinny but when it became a case of 'oh ****, need to starting eating again or else" then it was ... oh, hello 45 pounds!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Using food as an antidote to stress....wrong method altogether! Exercise works much better. :D
    ^ ^ THIS - 100% ^ ^

Stress will always be there in some form, I just needed to learn to process it in a better way!
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    My first job was working at Dairy Queen.
    When I worked at a car dealership, we went to the bar every night and stayed until bar close.
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    One thing would be......SUGAR! I like sweets everything sweet including the healthy ones like "Carrot" cake, "Dairy" Queen and "Blueberry" pie or "Peach" cobbler. LOL

Seriously sweets are my down fall and social eating with friends. It's hard to not have the good stuff your having too.

I am trying again to change though.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Beer. Great and glorious (and ice cold) beer. Man I love beer. My weight? Not so much.

And that 54 calorie stuff? That's not beer. *grumbles*
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Large portions, multiple servings and terrible food.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of your picture is how they make sure to add the "REAL FRUIT FILLING" on there. What a joke!
  • scotslass
    Options
    Baby weight, never had a problem with my weight ever before. Oh and maybe the fact i sat on my *kitten* during pregnancy eating ten ton of crap!! lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Boredom eating at work. This is the first time I've ever had a full time desk job, and it gets so boring I just want to eat all day. I was having 8 mini kit kats during the day, plus all my regular meals and snacks.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Dunkin' Donuts bagels and donuts, pizza, and especially candy. I would buy candy every single afternoon so I would have it to snack on throughout the evening.
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Fast food and dessert.....I have the worst sweet tooth and my husband is even worse which makes it hard, but I"m working on self control
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The weekends. Having a boyfirend who's naturally tall and skinny (think chinese food and pizza) and a group of friends who LOVE to party (lots of beer/alcohol on the weekends) have not been a freind to my weight...

I've been trying to cook more with the BF so he understand healthy food is just as awesome as Domino's (although it's hard to convince someone when you're not totally convinced yourself). Also, with my friends I'v tried to switch from beer to mix drinks (dies sodas) to hopefully reduce the calories...
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Boredom eating at work. This is the first time I've ever had a full time desk job, and it gets so boring I just want to eat all day. I was having 8 mini kit kats during the day, plus all my regular meals and snacks.

This mainly. Snacking, accompanied by lack of exercise. Plus undue stress, and accompanying stress eating. When I gave up sugar for lent (a turning point which should have started my weight loss--but didn't) I realized that everytime an unpleasant task came up at work, I would procrastinate for 5 minutes by going to get a snack out of the vending machine. My only "reward" in my day-to-day was sweets or indulgences. I know better now. Everything in moderation is really the key--and getting in that gym!
  • PhoenixJoan
    Options
    Stress eating for sure... I am definintley an emotional eater. Growing up, my parents were more concerned with the quanitity of food they could get versus the quality of food we kids ate. I had moon pies, tter tots and corn dogs almost every day. Any processed food, soda, and chips that you could get in quantity at a warehouse wholesaler.