Do you obey the speed limit?

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
Or are you a lead foot? C'mon be honest. If you drive like a maniac and weave in and out of traffic, or if you're a prude and stay in the fast lane at the speed limit and try to dictate to others "go around if you want to go faster". For me, it's usually 5-10 miles over the limit on the freeway, but I obey residential signs because of children possibly in the vicinity.

Replies

• julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    HUGE lead foot here. Unless I see a cop, I am speeding.. and get super annoyed when I get behind someone going the actual speed limit. Sorry.. sad but true & naughty I know! :tongue:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    The only limit is when it wont go faster
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I always speed.. I like to be first.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    ::has had his license suspended due to too many points::
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    HUGE lead foot here. Unless I see a cop, I am speeding.. and get super annoyed when I get behind someone going the actual speed limit. Sorry.. sad but true & naughty I know! :tongue:

i dont drive. but when im a passenger and the car infront is going at normal speed, im like wtf is it doing, look at all that space infront of it..
    *leans out window*, go faster you *kitten*!
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    I am 26 and have NEVER had a speeding ticket or accident! And I kinda obey, I never go more than 3-4 over the posted speed limit. *knock on wood*
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member

i dont drive. but when im a passenger and the car infront is going at normal speed, im like wtf is it doing, look at all that space infront of it..
    *leans out window*, go faster you *kitten*!

hehe... i hear that
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    i almost always speed (about 10mph over the limit)! and i HATE it when other people on the road try to act as a pace car (driving in the left lane, doing the speed limit right next to the person in the left lane)!!! it also annoys me when people get mad (honk, flip me off, etc) for simply passing them. if you don't wanna be passed, go faster. :-)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    I thought the speed limit was just a suggestion. Haha.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    I'm on island time. I have nowhere to be in a hurry. I give myself enough time to take it easy and jam out to the Bobs (Marley and Dylan).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Yep I knew I could pull the speeders out! What I've also found it that your driving habits usually equate to how you lose weight in most cases. If you speed, you want instant results. If you're a slower driver, you're okay with slow progress. Of course this is my own observation.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I speed so that I can get home quicker and resume not caring about starving children in other countries.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I might drive a lil faster on the freeway
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    I go as fast as I can until my radar detector goes off, I cruise at 80 mph & I stay as far ahead of others as I can. My license plate number is.....
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Major lead-foot right here...unless, of course, it's a residential area; on the freeway...out mah way! :bigsmile:
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    I drive a GTI. Yes, I always obey the posted limit.

I think the best line I've heard that describes people's attitudes towards speed is :

Everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot. And everyone who drives faster than me is an f'ing *kitten*.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member

haha same here!!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    lead foot...except around schools and neighborhoods...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Yep I knew I could pull the speeders out! What I've also found it that your driving habits usually equate to how you lose weight in most cases. If you speed, you want instant results. If you're a slower driver, you're okay with slow progress. Of course this is my own observation.

I always speed, but I'm slow and steady when it comes to weight goals.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Super lead foot here. Always TRY to obey the speed limit, but my impatience gets the better of me everytime.