Hey Black, what is on your exercise agenda today?

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    how many calories do you burn when you argue with your 2 year old for 2 1/2 hours? :noway: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :sad: :huh: I am worn out!:yawn:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    However many are in a pint of Ben & Jerry's. :bigsmile: I think the calorie burn goes up as they get older, too. You know, just for future reference. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam, I don't know if it is more or less than trying to get an 13 year old and an 8 year old to quit bickering. It is a constant around here and it drains me. That and staying strong against a 13 year old trying to sabotage my diet so we will have lots of junk food in the house. I made cookies for the kids yesterday and didn't eat any dough or cookies but that isn't good enough, he wants the soda in the house. His whining was so bad that my dh declared this a soda-free house and dumped the rest of his down the drain. I love that man! :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    However many are in a pint of Ben & Jerry's. :bigsmile: I think the calorie burn goes up as they get older, too. You know, just for future reference. :flowerforyou:
    She had such a great day we went to the park and out for ice cream and then 30 mintes after her dad leaves she just started freaking out! she is in her room screaming now! she is not one to fall asleep from crying either! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Amanda - good hubby you have there! Battling a 13yo with junk food has GOT to be hard! Ugh.

Sam - I'm sorry. *hugs* When my husband was in school last semester, he didn't see the kids Mon thru Thur. By Wed. night, I'd have the BIGGEST battles with the boys b/c they would both be screaming for daddy. I know those battles all too well. Hang in there. Something that works with my 3yo (and sometimes my 2yo) is to get in their face & tell them to take a deep breath, then show them HOW to take a deep breath. Keep an even tone, but be loud enough to be heard over the screaming. Just keep breathing with her & maybe it'll make you both feel better. :heart:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I should've only done 30 but when you see the timer counting down you just want to go to zero. I felt like I had Jillian over my shoulder. I actually whimpered once.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I should've only done 30 but when you see the timer counting down you just want to go to zero. I felt like I had Jillian over my shoulder. I actually whimpered once.

Was there puking? :indifferent: Good job, Lori! :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Amanda - good hubby you have there! Battling a 13yo with junk food has GOT to be hard! Ugh.

Sam - I'm sorry. *hugs* When my husband was in school last semester, he didn't see the kids Mon thru Thur. By Wed. night, I'd have the BIGGEST battles with the boys b/c they would both be screaming for daddy. I know those battles all too well. Hang in there. Something that works with my 3yo (and sometimes my 2yo) is to get in their face & tell them to take a deep breath, then show them HOW to take a deep breath. Keep an even tone, but be loud enough to be heard over the screaming. Just keep breathing with her & maybe it'll make you both feel better. :heart:
    She was calling me so I went and she wanted to lay with me so we did that until she calmed down! She is so much like me that I just want to strangle myself sometimes!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

She was calling me so I went and she wanted to lay with me so we did that until she calmed down! She is so much like me that I just want to strangle myself sometimes!

That would be me & Zeke. We're both type A & stubborn so we're already having some lovely battles. But, we're also very sensitive to others feelings & love to cuddle...those are the traits I like to see come out in him. Oh, and he's a talker like me, too. :laugh: I'm glad that things calmed down, Sam. *hugs*
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

That would be me & Zeke. We're both type A & stubborn so we're already having some lovely battles. But, we're also very sensitive to others feelings & love to cuddle...those are the traits I like to see come out in him. Oh, and he's a talker like me, too. :laugh: I'm glad that things calmed down, Sam. *hugs*
    me too because hubs would come home and we would both be passed out on the floor and he would wonder what went on?
    madison is a talker too. all the time to everyone. but she calls all kids either "boy" or "girl"
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    HA! Sounds like Zeke & Madison would get along great! While we're in the waiting room during Micah's speech therapy every week, it never fails that I have to tell some random stranger, "Sorry. He's overly friendly." :laugh: Jumped in a guys lap this week & said, "I'm gonna tell you a story. Once there was a pirate named me. Zeke the pirate." :embarassed: Still working on "stranger danger"
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

No. But my stomach started to feel like it and it made me think of what Jillian said one time, something like "If you aren't bleeding, puking, or dying...KEEP WALKING!!!" :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

No. But my stomach started to feel like it and it made me think of what Jillian said one time, something like "If you aren't bleeding, puking, or dying...KEEP WALKING!!!" :laugh:

LOL Good for you! If it means anything, my butt feels sore just reading the words "45 min. on the elliptical." Feel the burn, baby!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    HA! Sounds like Zeke & Madison would get along great! While we're in the waiting room during Micah's speech therapy every week, it never fails that I have to tell some random stranger, "Sorry. He's overly friendly." :laugh: Jumped in a guys lap this week & said, "I'm gonna tell you a story. Once there was a pirate named me. Zeke the pirate." :embarassed: Still working on "stranger danger"

Oh my gosh-- stranger danger. Years ago, when David was 4 or so, ( he's now 18) we were in a jewelry store and he sat in the "lounge" area watching a football game and eating cookies while we checked out some rings, within eyesight and earshot of him. But, still, we told him if anyone tried to take him, he was to scream for Daddy as loud as he could.

Minutes later, we heard this blood curling scream, "DAAAAAADDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" We run into the lounge and David is nearly hyperventilating with fear.

There's this guy standing there, hands up saying, "Whoa, I was just checking the score of the football game." He'd popped his head into the lounge with David, and he totally freaked out. Toooo funny.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Oh my gosh-- stranger danger. Years ago, when David was 4 or so, ( he's now 18) we were in a jewelry store and he sat in the "lounge" area watching a football game and eating cookies while we checked out some rings, within eyesight and earshot of him. But, still, we told him if anyone tried to take him, he was to scream for Daddy as loud as he could.

Minutes later, we heard this blood curling scream, "DAAAAAADDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" We run into the lounge and David is nearly hyperventilating with fear.

There's this guy standing there, hands up saying, "Whoa, I was just checking the score of the football game." He'd popped his head into the lounge with David, and he totally freaked out. Toooo funny.

LMBO! Zeke would have given the guy a full replay of the game. HA! At least he followed directions well! hehe
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

LMBO! Zeke would have given the guy a full replay of the game. HA! At least he followed directions well! hehe

If only he were so obedient now-- :grumble:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    loreeb, sometimes I pretend to see Jillian there usually encouraging me, but today when I wanted to quit, the JIllian in my head was pretty rough! LOL

My daughter Mariah and I are just alike which is why we have all the major battles but even at 8 years old you will find her in our bed at night cuddled up with me. DH stays up and watches tv. She has never met a stranger either, we can be with somebody for 5 minutes and they are her friends and she also never shuts up.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    YAY! Amanda has a face! :happy:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Sam, I'm glad things calmed down for you at home. It is really difficult when kids are that unhappy. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

I know what you mean about a child being so like you. My oldest daughter makes me feel like I am watching myself grow up - scary how alike we are.. I get scared sometimes that I won't do a better job than my mom.. :noway: :noway:

Speaking of stranger danger.. My DH and I have a friend with 4 boys - all close to the same age. Once a while ago when she was at the mall, they wanted her to let them go to a store that she didn't want them to go to.. They were arguing about it, and she grabbed one of them by the arm. He immediately started yelling at the top of his lungs, "Let go of me - you are not my mother". Well you can imagine - my friend was pulling out picture of the boys and trying to make everyone around believe that she was really their mom. She was pretty sure they were going to call the cops..

Little stinker - sometimes I guess they learn the lesson too well. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

janiebeth
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Yay, Amanda - nice to see you.. jb