Do you screen your friend requests?

Options
1235»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Yep. If someone sends me a request with no message I don't accept it. I also clean out my friendslist every month or so. People who I don't talk to, who don't seem to be on the same page as me (giving and getting support). I figure the whole point is to build up a support group, not to have the most friends.

When I first started MFP I added anyone who sent a request, and ended up with way to many friends. I lost a lot of the personal connections I had with people that had helped me stay on track. So now I like keep my list down so its not overwhelming.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Public profile states: "If you're sending a friend request, send a message with it too. If there is no message, I will decline automatically; and I'd hate to miss out on a good friend that way."

No message, auto-decline.

With a message, depends on how many friends I currently have. Too many and whoever it is has to have that "something extra". :smile:
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests after viewing their profile, but will usually accept. I only unfriended one time because of her negative attitude about EVERYTHING.
  • Kristy144
    Options
    I screen mine, I read profiles and I only want friends that are serious about their weightloss.
  • Kristy144
    Options
    Yep. If someone sends me a request with no message I don't accept it. I also clean out my friendslist every month or so. People who I don't talk to, who don't seem to be on the same page as me (giving and getting support). I figure the whole point is to build up a support group, not to have the most friends.

When I first started MFP I added anyone who sent a request, and ended up with way to many friends. I lost a lot of the personal connections I had with people that had helped me stay on track. So now I like keep my list down so its not overwhelming.

I clean out my list once a month too!
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I accept anyone as long as they keep with it. I figure that not everyone follows proper or even established etiquette on the web, so why would I enforce a set of none existent rules on someone that may be looking for someone like me to kick them into gear.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I accept all requests. I keep a small group of friends, however. I support all my friends all the time. If the person doesn't interact within a few weeks, I delete. Also, if weeks go by and I don't see anything from them that actually pertains to fitness in a meaningful way (either sharing their knowledge or asking questions), they go bye-bye.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I only said no once. The kid was very young and I don't think it is appropriate.