New 30ds challenge and lose 10lbs by Halloween.

Options

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was feeling so good about my progress on the girly push-ups (12 per set). But I just found out that your hands are supposed to be at your chest, and I had mine placed by my head. I was only able to do 4 of them in the correct form. I wonder if it's better to do less in good form (well girly style) or more in truely wimpy girly style?
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Day 6 done!
    I moved up to some 5 pound weights for most of the strength moves. I did a total of 18 girly pushups, but now I'm wondering about how my position is. Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    Ugh, I was feeling so good about my progress on the girly push-ups (12 per set). But I just found out that your hands are supposed to be at your chest, and I had mine placed by my head. I was only able to do 4 of them in the correct form. I wonder if it's better to do less in good form (well girly style) or more in truely wimpy girly style?

Keep with whatever is challenging for you. Everyone has a limit for how far they can push themselves, and we each try to do a little further each time. Pushups are a lot if you're muscles aren't used to that kind of workout. If you can only manage to do four keep with that then each time add one more. I find that when it gets to the point where I feel like I'll collapse if I do any more I'll push an extra one in. That wall is getting further and further back.
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 Check
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    D6L1 DONE...I'm worn out today
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1 done!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I missed my 30DS yesterday so tonight I did L1D10 AND L2D1! OMG was tough but I feel great. Cant wait to get stronger on level 2. I really had to do a lot of the modifications. IDK if it was becouse I was a little wore out from my day and I had already done day 10 of level 1 but I really wimped thru it and was still dripping sweat at the end. Anyone who isnt on level 2 yet. You are going to enjoy it. I cant wait to do it again tomorrow!
  • Madiann
    Options
    Day 7 complete!
    3:20 am, I got my shred on. I have to work overtime today and then it's going to be a long work week. With my qualifiacations the following week. I'm so tired right now. I just want to crawl back into bed with my honey.
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done :D I had my 4yo son joining in with me today, he was using 2 lego duplo blocks as weights. The sight of him trying to do star jumps was hilarious, more like just jumping around randomly like a loon, waving his arms in the air :laugh:
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    L1D5
  • want_it_25
    Options
    D7L1-check

Hopw everyone is seeing some results. I know I am. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Madiann
    Options
    D7L1-check

Hopw everyone is seeing some results. I know I am. :happy: :happy: :happy:

I think I have some changes taking place, waiting till day 10 to take measurements however. Then I'm contiuing level 1 for 3 more days. Just because I have my work tactical course on the 10th and I'm afraid that I won't be able to run and shoot if I move onto Level 2. Congrats on your results!
  • want_it_25
    Options
    [/quote]

I think I have some changes taking place, waiting till day 10 to take measurements however. Then I'm contiuing level 1 for 3 more days. Just because I have my work tactical course on the 10th and I'm afraid that I won't be able to run and shoot if I move onto Level 2. Congrats on your results!
    [/quote]

I haven't measured yet but my clothes are looser.
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've had to take a couple of days off, gutted :( I injured my neck (I have cervical spondylosis) by pushing it too far with this workout ... feels a lot better now though, so back on track tomorrow, not gonna overdo it again..... day 5.
  • Geordie_Girl
    Options
    I've had to take a couple of days off, gutted :( I injured my neck (I have cervical spondylosis) by pushing it too far with this workout ... feels a lot better now though, so back on track tomorrow, not gonna overdo it again..... day 5.

I'd say try replacing the push ups with something else like the chest flies or something. Much easier on the shoulders x
  • Geordie_Girl
    Options
    I'm itching for something else to add to this each day now, never thought I'd get to that point so soon.

I remember last time I started C25K, I got fidgety if I missed a day, I'm getting the same way now, but within the same day! I was going to add C25K back in, but I'm a bit worried that when 30DS steps up a level it'll be beyond me to do both in one day, so I think I might add in a bit of Wii Fit every other evening or something.
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    Correction L1Day6 Done!
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 7, Level 1 done!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    ok pendulum lunges. I cant seem to do them with out either looking ridiculous, half assed or falling down. I dont feel like it is effective bcuz I cant figure out how to do them right. Any advice from anyone else who is in level 2 or higher?
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done, I might do day 6 tonight to catch up! .........