OCTOBER CHALLENGE -- 10,000 STEPS A DAY

Options
Anyone up for 10,000 steps challenge for Oct? The rules are:
1. Need a pedometer.
2. Post daily your steps on this board.
3. It doesn't matter how many or how few you get. The more the better; it will be motivation the rest of us to challenge ourselves. Even if you don't make 10,000 steps please record. It's motivation for the rest of us to get moving.

Who's in??

Replies

• cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been wanting to buy a pedometer anyway. And this will be great motivation!
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to go find my pedometer. :)
    I ws using the one on my iPhone sporadically, but I'm not always wearing pants with pockets so I lose a lot of steps that way!

Looking forward to it! I love the way that the people on MFP keep me motivated.
  • BrandiA
    Options
    I'm in :wink:
  • crazylizz
    crazylizz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Would it be allowed to recommend a pedometer? I have tried two, and both of them missed a lot of steps. The instructions say to attach them to a belt. I've tried that, and I've tried putting them in the leg pocket of a pair of cargo shorts, and the ones I tried just didn't work well at all. I do a routine two mile walk every day, and I would get pedometer readings that weren't even half of that.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi Jipsey Judy,
    I use the Omron brand. Not sure where to buy it in the store, but I've bought it through Amazon. I am VERY PLEASED with it and HIGHLY recommend it!!!! Even putting it in my pocket works. I have the Omron Walking Style that counts steps, aerobic steps, calories, and miles. My hubby just got a Go Smart Omron which has the exact same features. Omron is a company that also makes blood pressure cuffs, so you can't go wrong with that.
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    Thank you! I'll get one and join the group.
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    OK ordered one along with the little strap from amazon and will get it next week. I'm in!
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I'm in!
  • 4cookiesmom
    Options
    This is a perfect challenge for me since the majority of my exercise activity involves power walking and hiking. I'm in!!
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge... now to get a pedometer!!! :happy:
  • Cuteepatoot
    Options
    I am in. :laugh:
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! But you already know that!
  • bstumpfoll
    Options
    i am in sounds great .
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in =)
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    What pedometer is everyone using? I stay at home a lot with kids and am up and down, bending and squatting a lot so I need something that won't count randomly just cuz I move. I have a really cheap one that counts if it giggles the slightest bit. I've been doing amazon searches and have found a few but wanted to know what everyone else recommends.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Kerseygeek,
    I use an Omron HJ112. Omron has been a VERY reliable brand for me. You can find it on Amazon. Surprisingly, when at Walgreens today, I saw that you can buy them there, too. Mine does steps, aerobic steps, calories and miles, and it has a 7-day memory.
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just bought a New Balance Via Heart pedometer at Target. It has a few bells and whistles like a pulse monitor. So I am ready for the challenge!