Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I m in!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yipee! It's 9:09 PM in California, and I just did 10,000 steps today (just starting early). My husband thinks I'm losing my marbles, because I did the last 153 steps pacing circuits around the living room to get to the big 5 digits. My dogs think this is great, because their evening walks are going to be longer.
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My pedometer should be arriving today!
    I'm a SAHM but I have worn my pedometer before( well, before I lost it) and I walk so much it's crazy. Normally I would average 5-6000 without ever leaving the house!
    This will push me enough to make sure i park a little farther away, walk around while my kids are at the park, ice skating, gymnastics, whatever, take the doggie on a longer walk and just not sit down as much. I can't wait to get started!!

Thanks for all the motivation and tips on good pedometers!!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yipee! It's 9:09 PM in California, and I just did 10,000 steps today (just starting early). My husband thinks I'm losing my marbles, because I did the last 153 steps pacing circuits around the living room to get to the big 5 digits. My dogs think this is great, because their evening walks are going to be longer.

I've done the pacing thing before, too. You gotta do what you gotta do! WTG for reaching the big 5!!
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I have 3 kids, ages 2,4,6, and you'd think I'd walk a ton at home but not really. I tried using my old pedometer that's not great and only got 4200 steps during the majority of time I counted. I'm on my feet all day just not constantly walking and the walking space in my house is a bit small. This is going to be a major challenge but if I can get the 10,000 or close to it I'll be that much more proud of myself. My new pedometer should be here today and I'm going to be out walking all day tomorrow for a festival and I'm going to try it out to see how it works. I can't wait.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am in..
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    My suggestion mom with the 2, 4, and 6 year old is to buy little backpacks for the 4 and 6 year old, put the 2 year old in a stoller, and tell the kids they are going to learn a new sport called "hiking". We did this when our kids were 2, 4, and 6. When the kids would finish a long walk with us, I would give each walker a "badge" (some sort of patch I could sew on the backpack). The kids wound up with backpacks that were completely covered in parches. You can even plan the hikes to include healthy snack ("picnics") and the kids can carry their own snack bags in the backpacks.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Soooo, are we ready to start tomorrow??!!:bigsmile:
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Soooo, are we ready to start tomorrow??!!:bigsmile:

Hell yea! bring it on :) Big training walk tomorrow
  • missruiz11
    Options
    i will be ready...going to buy my pedometer first thing in the morning..better late than never!!
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    I took a break from walking yesterday, and I'm ready for the big October. Let's go, everyone!
  • aprilynnboo
    Options
    im in :smile:
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 44,553 steps (18 miles -- last huge training walk before the 3-day)
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I gotta figure out how to use my pedometer....and then I am in! :)
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    Options
    10/1: 15423 steps
  • JipsyJudy
    Options
    Awesome!
  • missruiz11
    Options
    Wow!! So far the few of you are doing great. I had never tracked my steps before this. Bought a Sportline pedometer and have only managed to walk 4,029 steps and it is alomst 7pm...It must take ALOT of walking to make atleast 10,000. I wont get discouraged....but GEESH!!
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I like this idea. Did you do this mainly on the weekends? My older 2 are homeschooled so it takes up a big chunk of our day during the week. But I'm sure they would love the idea too.
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    Yesterday I took my pedometer on a trial run when we went to Stone Mountain and I got just over 13,300 steps. Today (10/1) I got 3576 steps but I didn't quite count every single step and I had a sore knee from yesterday. I'm hoping I can get more if I'm really paying attention but I agree this is going to be a real challenge.