OCTOBER CHALLENGE -- 10,000 STEPS A DAY

Options

Replies

• lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We're having a competition at work too. 80,000 steps a week over 8 weeks and win $100 :happy: This challenge will fit nicely.
  • sassysteffy
    Options
    I'm in too..
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    pedometer ordered so i'll be ready for this weekend
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    Are there any SAHMs here? I'm a little concerned that 10,000 steps will be difficult. I don't sit down much during the day but just walking around the house for things doesn't yeild many steps and I don't leave the house much. I plan to be more aware of my steps and hope that helps but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.
  • missruiz11
    Options
    Im in..I just started walking, so this will be a heck of a challenge, but I need to drop some weight, so im ready!!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got my pedometer and set it up. I have a different length stride when I walk the dogs outdoors than when I walk around indoors. I don't want to have to reprogram it two or three times a day. Ant suggestions?
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I got my pedometer and set it up. I have a different length stride when I walk the dogs outdoors than when I walk around indoors. I don't want to have to reprogram it two or three times a day. Ant suggestions?

I would say base it on your normal stride and see what happens.
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Put my pedometer on yesterday mid-morning and used it all day. I definitely need to re-calibrate the length of my steps. I took 8500 steps yesterday, but I walked a mile and a quarter circuit with the dogs last night, and for that bit of my walking day, the pedometer added less that a mile. I want to get the length right, because I like to know how many miles I've walked.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • Sarahp0903
    Options
    I am in!!!!
  • Sarahp0903
    Options
    Are there any SAHMs here? I'm a little concerned that 10,000 steps will be difficult. I don't sit down much during the day but just walking around the house for things doesn't yeild many steps and I don't leave the house much. I plan to be more aware of my steps and hope that helps but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.
    I atay at home too, but I think that all of those steps will add up to more than you expected. I also plan to take my little one outside daily and if I walk with him instead of sit and watch him play that will help to add extra steps
  • hwalter1
    hwalter1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We're having a competition at work too. 80,000 steps a week over 8 weeks and win $100 :happy: This challenge will fit nicely.

I want THIS CHALLENGE! LOL!
  • ginabina13
    Options
    I'm in! Just have to get a good pedometer!
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i'm in. i have a cheap $5 pedometer from walmart and it works fine. used with my walking app that has gps and was off maybe 20 steps or so. but could have been the walking app that was off not my cheap pedometer! let's do this! :bigsmile:
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've had an Omron for about a year now and it works perfectly.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    This dovetails nicely with another challenge I am doing so - I am in! Woot :)
  • Liliswen
    Options
    I'm in. I love a challenge!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm not a SAHM but I have two jobs (8:30-5:00 and 5:15-10:30) Monday-Friday. They are both desk jobs too! I'm up for this challenge as I need to be more aware of getting all my steps in each day. I may be up walking at 11:55 pm to get them all in but I can do this. I just need to get a new battery for my pedometer.