"Ripped" in October

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    I did day one of week 4 today and really liked it (technically, I have done Ripped 6 days every week, just two weeks of level 2). I felt it was a much better workout than week 3 and enjoyed some of the moves....just not the scissor kicks. :wink: I'm planning to do week 4 for 5 more days just to make myself feel legit.

My quads were really sore by the afternoon and I love that! I went to buy some animal feed today and picked up a 50 pound bag, carried it to the checkout, waiting in line for several minutes while holding it and I didn't think anything of it. That was fun! A man who works there offered to carry it to my car and kindly thanked him, but did it myself. I feel so strong!

What video is next? I'm thinking about Killer Buns and Thighs. Any suggestions?
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I just finished up day 6 of week 4 and I have my before and after pictures to share. :smile: Weight lost is 4.6 pounds.

6290910131_8bf7c87e8e.jpg
    Ripped front by taralee2001, on Flickr
    6290910049_44a8e3afef.jpg
    Ripped side by taralee2001, on Flickr
    6291429072_c01bffd0e4.jpg
    Ripped back by taralee2001, on Flickr

And this is where I started in July of this year.
    5945581221_5af72f7351_m.jpg
    body before by taralee2001, on Flickr
    5945554847_c353f17342_m.jpg
    body before by taralee2001, on Flickr

Thanks for letting me get "Ripped" with you ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well, Week 4 DAY 6! Went Down Rippers!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It is definitely a bitter sweet moment! CONGRATS to all of YOU, whom are already "RIPPED IN 30 GRADUATES" as of yesterday :drinker: :drinker: and those who graduate Today and the next few days to come! I'm so Proud of ALL of US!

I didn't get a chance to get the posting in yesterday, but you all kept me focused and for that I thank You! I step closer to my goals:flowerforyou: Well today's workout was still a sweat fest like every other day, and I couldn't help but push myself a little bit harder just for general purposes:wink: . I can definitely tell the difference in my clothing so far, still have to take my measurements and do the after pictures...however, I am pleased and I can tell it was totally worth it.

Congrats to you all as well!! It's been wonderful reading about each of your journeys and successes each morning way to go!! I will begin my "P90X" adventure on Tuesday, taking Sunday and Monday off (except for C25k) ..I wish you all continued successes as you all have demonstrated the tenacity already to make each of your dreams come true!!:smile::drinker: :bigsmile:

Until next time....:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Tara! GREAT progress! I can definitely see the difference!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I haven't done all of my measurements, nor have I done pics yet, but so far, I'm down another inch in my waist (for a total of 4 inches from 38-34) and another .5 in each thigh (from 23 - 20.5) . Hips went down another half (from 42.5 to 40.5). I'm not likely to measure my biceps because they are pretty much where they're going to be . I did only drop 2# this time around, but it's my own fault for not choosing to eat better.

ROCK ON!!!! :tongue:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I just finished yesterday (friday) but i haven't been on this thread since the beginning. i lost 7 lb doing this one but i had not taken my measurements so i'm not sure where i'm at now. i do feel better and fitting into size 6 pants which is pretty awesome. i lost 9 lb doing the 30 day shred. i have about 7lb to go so i think i'm moving on to 6 week 6 pack. good work everyone. i can really tell a difference in the before and after pics.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just finished yesterday (friday) but i haven't been on this thread since the beginning. i lost 7 lb doing this one but i had not taken my measurements so i'm not sure where i'm at now. i do feel better and fitting into size 6 pants which is pretty awesome. i lost 9 lb doing the 30 day shred. i have about 7lb to go so i think i'm moving on to 6 week 6 pack. good work everyone. i can really tell a difference in the before and after pics.

I'm starting 6 week 6 pack next week.
  • smurfette75
    Options
    Great Job Taralee!!

WHAT NSV (non-scale victory) or IMPROVEMENTS HAVE YOU NOTICED OVER THE PAST 30 to 60 DAYS??
    I have to say it hit me this past week that I am now swimming in my clothes. I guess I know what I'll be getting for Christmas this year. I wish I had start MFP before I bought bigger clothes to accommodate the weight gain. I really liked my pants and jeans and now they are too big!
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Congrats to everyone who finished up, I'm ready to see some more results pictures. :wink:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Still working on the last week, will do it today and tomorrow to get 4 days in. Spent so much time out of the house the last 10 days, I still got plenty of exercise in, just not the Ripped DVD. :smile:
  • smurfette75
    Options
    Here are my final results:

Starting weight - 116.6 Final weight - 113 (lost 3.6 pounds)
    Starting waist - 30 Final waist - 29 (lost 1 inch)
    Starting hips - 37 Final hips - 35.25 (lost 1.75 inches)
    Starting thighs - 22 Final thighs - 21 (lost 1 inch)

Pretty good results. I actually missed a couple of days out the week, but did at least 5 a week)

Pictures below before are on the left, after is on the right.

Photo402-2-1-2.jpg
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WOW amazing results everyone!!! I am so happy for you all!

For me, I lost 6.8lbs, 1" off my waist, 1" off my hips and 0.75" off each thigh! but the best has been feeling my trousers getting too big and my belts no longer doing their job! Guess its time to go shopping:bigsmile:
  • cmDaffy
    Options

Tell me about 6w26P. How long are the workouts? I might be up for it!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Wow, Smurfette, you "ripped" little dynamo! You look completely AWESOME!!!
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    I can't get my pics to load! Bummer!

I can see a huge difference in photos I took on October 6 compared to today. Hooray!

Stats:
    Down 3 pounds (although it is a really bad time of the month for a weigh in today...)
    1/2 inch off of my hips, waist and each thigh
    I can run without thinking about it now, which is huge for me!
    I am 1 pound away from my goal weight and feeling really strong.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Tell me about 6w26P. How long are the workouts? I might be up for it!

It's the same length - about 30 mins. you can definitely do it if you did ripped!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I can't get my pics to load! Bummer!

I can see a huge difference in photos I took on October 6 compared to today. Hooray!

Stats:
    Down 3 pounds (although it is a really bad time of the month for a weigh in today...)
    1/2 inch off of my hips, waist and each thigh
    I can run without thinking about it now, which is huge for me!
    I am 1 pound away from my goal weight and feeling really strong.

WOW!!! That's awesome! I'm truly happy for you.
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had every intention of posting my stats sooner, but I got a bit busy. Better late than never I guess.

Before >>>>>>>After >>>>>>>Difference Total Inches Lost in October = 5.87 inches!!
    Weight----152.5 lbs
    147.1 lbs....... - 5.4 lbs
    Arms
    12.0 in
    11.7 in............. - 0.4 in
    Chest
    39.25 in
    38.0 in........... - 1.25 in
    Waist
    30.75 in
    29.5 in............ - 1.25 in
    Widest---- 37.5 in
    36.0 in............ - 1.5 in
    Hips
    38.5 in
    37.75 in......... - 0.75 in
    Thighs---- 23.5 in
    22.75 in.......... - 0.75 in

I think one of the most amazing numbers is my waist measurement. In high school (8+ years ago) I had a 29 inch waist and weight about 125lbs . I'm only 1/2 inch away from that!! Crazy! However, you can see that I put my weight on below the waist. I still have a few inches to go on that "tire" or "muffin top" just above my belt ("Widest"). However, I have lost 2 inches off that muffin since the beginnning of August! It feels amazing! That is one of my NSVs. I'm stronger now than I ever have been. I ran 3 miles last Saturday and my leg muscles were ready to go further!! (It was my lung capacity holding me back). That was an amazing feeling/realization. I just popped in JM's 6wk6pk and killed level 1. I remember huffing and puffing and barely making it through the work out in August. Today... I was following Bashira and keeping up. Bottom line, I feel amazing! I believe that sums up my NSVs!!

Going forward, I just order some awesome pink running shoes and I've been hitting the trails training for a 10k now. :) Thank you ladies for all of the support throughout the month of October!! I don't believe I would have made it without all of you!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Wow, What great progress you made! I'm truly happy and delighted for you!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that stuck it to the end......I see alot of you had some great results.

Taralee and Smurfette you guys look awesome...:flowerforyou: