• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Mocha, just yoga.

My Yoga Meltdown DVD is still in the cellophane too. Soon....:laugh:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    My other workouts.....I am also working on Killer Buns & Thighs, I walk/jog a couple of miles during my lunch when I can...and weekends I try to walk/jog also. I also like Zumba and Just Dance...haven't done Zumba in a while but starting back up today.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Well on top of "Ripped" I run 3-4 miles on Mondays and Wednesdays, run 7-9 miles on Saturdays. Lift heavy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Cybex (like an elliptical on steroids) on Fridays, and every day I take Ella, the beastie, on a 30-45 minutes walk. On top of that, I'm the one that does the yard work around here. I actually LIKE to mow, so I won't let anyone else do it. It takes about a hour to mow...

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:

How many days do you do the video? Do you do morning or night workouts?

jdavis, I do JM at 4:15AM, and I tend to "Rip" 5-6 times a week. I'm a substitute teacher, never knowing when I'm going to work. So if I don't get it done in the AM, I likely will not do it. I DO go to bed around 9, so at least I get 7 hours of sleep!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Ummm, Mocha, I'm so lame and slow, I can't remember WHAT Jillian says 30 seconds after she says it! Remember, I hear it as 4 something in the AM. I don't think I can tell you my name that early!
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This morning everything from the waist down was a tad sore...could be the combo of RI30 and doing plyometrics Sunday nite. I felt (a little) more coordinated this morning which may be why I burned some extra calories. I try to walk 40-45 minutes after the video. My unofficial goal is to burn 600 exercise calls/day (total).

Jillian is annoying me when she growls at the girls. I guess it's supposed to be motivating? :huh:
  • Kim1118
    Options
    Question...how do you guys make the ticker, quotes, etc. appear at the bottom of your posts?
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Question...how do you guys make the ticker, quotes, etc. appear at the bottom of your posts?

Hey Kim, all you need to do is go under "Tools" at the top of your screen, click on "weight loss ticker" (get yours now) then copy the code and come to the Message boards and go to "signature" and copy that code into your signature :smile:

I hope that works for ya!
  • Kim1118
    Options
    Thanks, Mocha!!
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    Crossed Day 3 of level 2 - it is still evil..
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just finished off day 4 of week 2! Only two more days and we're halfway done with this program! What an awesome feeling. :happy: What is everyone thinking of doing next month?
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Just finished off day 4 of week 2! Only two more days and we're halfway done with this program! What an awesome feeling. :happy: What is everyone thinking of doing next month?
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

MORNING RIPPERS!!

Taralee is absolutely right! :flowerforyou: Only TWO more days til the 1/2 way mark! Time is flying by....well, week 2, day 4 is done for me! Still sweating more than anything....small improvements today, able to do more of those planks with weight raises than normal...still not a whole lot ...but more nonetheless! I had a rough start....didnt feel like doing a darn thing....then I just imagine that all of you are doing it, so ....I don't have no excuses.....*curses*:grumble: :grumble: :laugh:

Thanks Taralee for the QUESTION OF THE DAY!!: WHAT IS EVERYONE THINKING OF DOING NEXT MONTH??

Well, I will be starting the P90X program.... I figure if I can do 2 consecutive months of Jillian I should be able to make it through that......what say all of you????
  • cmDaffy
    Options

Also, Kim, I made my "ticker" at Tickerfactory.com. If you google, "Tickers" you will see a lot of different options, including Disney. (but no Warner Brothers, Daffy Duck ones, now what's up with that?!!! :wink: )
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Mocha, I found the plank rows were easier to do as long as I wore my weight lifting gloves, otherwise my hands hurt too much. I haven't given too much thought about November... I have a bunch of Groupons for yoga, Zumba, Boxing, ballroom dance. I might try one of those on top of my regular workouts.... My other thought is that I now have 7 different JM circuits.. I might pull numbers and whatever comes up, is what I do...

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • pakks
    Options

For next month, I have variety package in mind:

Two days of Jillian's Burn Fat boost metabolism
    One day of jogging
    One day of LesLie's walk at home - 3 mile
    One day of Zumba
    One day of yoga
    One day rest
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday - completed day 3 of the 2nd level.

Next month? hmm....probably a mix of workouts with my regular yoga practice. I think I'll check out Jillian's Yoga meltdown along with those Pauline Nordin ones. I'll probably stick with 5 days weekly, 2 rest days that include some type of yoga. I like a lot of flexibility in scheduling things. :smile:
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should answer my own question about what's next. :laugh:

I'm not sure, that's why I asked. My husband and I are wanting to start Insanity "together" in December so I figure that I need to build up some endurance in preparation. Trying to figure out how to do that.
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feeling a million times better today than I did yesterday. I'm not sure what was up with yesterday but I ended up not eating lunch because I did not feel well. I also took yesterday off as a rest day because of that. But today is a brand new day and I felt great so I kept my appt with Jillian this afternoon.

It was much easier this time around. Now that I know what I'm doing I think I looked a little less goofy. I upped my weights today from 4lbs to 5.5lbs. A bit more challenging but it feels great to feel the burn in my arms and shoulders. With that said, Day 3 of Level 2 is done! Nearly half way through the program!

As for my plans next month... my sister and I have a little argument over who can run faster. We both ran the 5/3 Riverbank 5k last May and she beat me. However, I ran the same race the year before. My time that year is faster than my sister's time this year. She's mad and has challenged me for the fastest 5k time this year. Long story short, I'm probably going to start the first 4 weeks of the 5k training guide found in Brain Training for Runners (I think that's the title). On my off running days I'll probably do some yoga (with Jillian) or some strength training. The plan is to do another modified version of Ripped in 30 in December. Modified as in not as intense as 5 times a week and as strict of a meal plan. Beginning in January my plan is to seriously starting training for that 5k! I hold the record for the longest distance ran in my immediate family, I want the fastest 5k time to!
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Good Morning/Day -Fellow Rippers!!

Well Day 5, Week 2 is behind us! Yay!:flowerforyou:

Well today I did notice more improvement:smile::smile: I was able to get through a few more mountain climbers before dropping to my knees!:laugh: I was able to even get through more plank jacks as well. I'm going to have to go out and get some weight gloves like cmdaffy advised so that I can do more of those renegade rows! Those are rough on the hands! Soo for some of you its the end of week 2- How does it feel!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I know it can be hard to get up and out of the usual routine to do the video....so Hats off to all of us!

QUESTION OF THE DAY?? WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING EACH DAY- To do Ripped? OR....What's Your Favorite/Least Favorite Quote from week 2?

Well, for me, I think I alluded to it yesterday, if I didn't have it in my mind that other folks out there are getting up and doing this as well...I probably wouldn't have done it consistently! It's a mind thing with me....

Now for quote? lol I think that when Jillian references the fact that its ONLY a 20 minute DVD....I really want to scream at her and tell her to quit lying its 25 minutes!!

Now what say you??
  • pakks
    Options
    Day 4 of level 2 complete
    Circuit 3 was simpler than circuit 1
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey well done everyone! I've got day 3 under my belt. My newly born stork legs are still really wobbly :sad:

Looking forwards to level 3 on monday!