"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just finished up day 2 of week 2 here as well. It was hard to get my *kitten* moving today. It's about the fifth day in a row of rain and cold and I really would rather just curl up with a blanket and some knitting. *sigh*

I agree with MachaBlues on those darn crow pushups. I think all sorts of bad thoughts the whole dang time. My goal is to be able to do an entire circuit of them the real way (not on my knees) by the end of the week. We'll see if it happens. :laugh:

I feel pretty confident on most of the strength moves in this circuits (those dammed pushups aside), but what I think I really "bring it" on are the punches in the last batch of cardio. I use my lighter dumbbells during the punches and then just hang on to them while doing high knees too. After level 3 of the 30DS, I like using weights during punches, really helps me feel the burn.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Greetings Rippers!!

And can I just say.... I HATE plank jacks followed by mountain climbers- geesh!:grumble::grumble: :bigsmile: ...

In any event, 5 more days to go!! See you all tomorrow! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! My shoulders get SO tired during these 2 minutes!
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    I still looked like a fool today, but the sweat was pouring! My yoga experience is helping with many of the balance moves. The 2 minutes in cardio plank are killing me! I thought my shoulders were strong....

My bring it move? I would say story raises and side lunges with a lift. Kickin' it.

I also need to remember that muscle weighs more than fat. I haven't lost an ounce since starting last week, despite having a great 8 days of eating. Patience is key here!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Mocha, I think we're in the same time zone, we both got this this done and over with (although mine was at 4:15AM)

Am I the only one who thinks "Spiderman on drugs" during the crow pushups?

If there's anything I feel totally "Awful" on it would be the side lunges with the leg lift. I'm happy if I can just get my foot off the ground! :grumble:

Has anyone tried the diet plan? I finally downloaded it. Doesn't look all that special.. Alot of stuff that I'm already eating (although I have a Chia protein shake every morning.)

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't wake up in the morning to do the DVD so I came home after work and did it. I must say, I think the key to my sanity is working out with Jillian first thing in the morning. Otherwise I just can't stand her! After I finished yesterday I went on a short run and I was pretty suprised with the amount of energy I had left over! Woke up before work today and Ripped. Still not enjoyable, but better :)

The good news is that I think RI30 is helping me break through my plateau. I lost 1.5 lbs last week which puts me about 2 lbs away from my lowest weight and is the first loss in two months! Finally!! My goal is to lose 7-10 lbs by Thanksgiving...we shall see. Have a great day everyone!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Day 2 on 2nd week done!

The pendulum lunges are hard for me, I have to do it slowly or touch my foot down in the middle of it. The cardio plank bit is a workout in itself.

I like the crow pushups, because I can do them. lol. Like yad97, my yoga practice requires many similar moves, so of course I like those best. :wink:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Oh, Jillian said she's going to come knocking at my door and bounce a quarter off my butt. What's with that ? LMAO...
  • cmDaffy
    Options

The good news is that I think RI30 is helping me break through my plateau. I lost 1.5 lbs last week which puts me about 2 lbs away from my lowest weight and is the first loss in two months! Finally!! My goal is to lose 7-10 lbs by Thanksgiving...we shall see. Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations on breaking through!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 2 Day 8, 21 Jillian workouts completed since September 13th.
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 complete! Definitely not as sore after Monday's workout as I was last week after the Level 1 workout. Small victory there! It's also good to see that I am not the only one still struggling with those plank jacks and mountain climbers. If it was just lower body, I think I could handle it. However, my upper body strength is not there! My arms, shoulders, and chest are about to die during that move.

Now to focus on the small victories. I was much better coordinated today. The one move I feel as if I am bringing it is the stork move or pendulum lunges I think she calls them. I'm following Shelly all the way. On top of that I believe I can up my weights tomorrow. Now that I have somewhat mastered the moves and know what I am supposed to be doing, I realized that the weights weren't heavy enough today. Good idea on using weights during the punches. I might add those towards the end of the week. :)

cmDaffy... I must admit that I have not followed GVSU football this year. I've got a pretty interesting fantasy football team to manage through my department at work which eats up all my football time :(. We have a fairly decent incentive not to be on the bottom of the rankings so I'm always scouting for better players. Now on to your question, I did print off her diet plan and I am following it mostly. You're right its really nothing special, but for me its a good place to start. I don't normally cook my meals and have no idea where to start when it comes to healthy cooking. So Jillian's meal plan is my stepping stone. So far I haven't had a meal that I didn't like. Some are better than others. I've added veggie sides to most of the dinners to add to the volume of food, but not add too many calories. I don't follow her breakfasts in the morning. I start my mornings with protein shakes (my current fav my mocha protein shake). I also don't follow her snacks. I just pack about 200 calories worth of Meijer trail mix and eat that around 4pm.

Happy Ripping ladies! Only 3 to 4 more days left at Level 2!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I skipped my workout yesterday - had a big exam to write so had other things on my mind. But back with it today! Did my fair share of grunting and sweating - so much so that my husband came down to check on me; I think he thought I was up to no good!!!

I too am struggling with those crow push-ups, can't bend my elbows so they're mostly just planks with knee lifts :sad:

I think I'm bringing it on the high knees, not that I like them in the least but I feel like I'm ready to die by then so I push harder :bigsmile:

Only 4 more days of week 2! Enjoy
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Okay good people Week 3, day 3 is down....Guess What?? We are 1/2 through week 2!!

Still isn't any easier...lol, okay for some reason I was sweating buckets this morning! Oh well, got through it...not much noticeable change from yesterday as far as performance goes.

However, 1/2 way through!! Okay time for the QUESTION OF THE DAY??? WHAT OTHER WORKOUTS ARE YOU DOING...If any?

Me myself, I'm doing C25k, three days a week and leisurely walking the dog....What say you??
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Halfway though week 2.

Not much to add. Just kinda plugging along. :smile:

My only other workout right now is walking my older daughter to school and picking her up. Which with the hills and pushing a double stroller is quite the workout. It's been raining recently so it hasn't been happening this week, but it's supposed to clear up tomorrow. I'm hoping to keep it up through as much of the winter as I can, I guess it depends on how well they clear the sidewalks here. This is our first winter somewhere cold in a long time.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Well on top of "Ripped" I run 3-4 miles on Mondays and Wednesdays, run 7-9 miles on Saturdays. Lift heavy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Cybex (like an elliptical on steroids) on Fridays, and every day I take Ella, the beastie, on a 30-45 minutes walk. On top of that, I'm the one that does the yard work around here. I actually LIKE to mow, so I won't let anyone else do it. It takes about a hour to mow...

• pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    today did Day 2 of level 2.
    missed yesterday, so will go on till sunday to make up the 6 days
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Well on top of "Ripped" I run 3-4 miles on Mondays and Wednesdays, run 7-9 miles on Saturdays. Lift heavy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Cybex (like an elliptical on steroids) on Fridays, and every day I take Ella, the beastie, on a 30-45 minutes walk. On top of that, I'm the one that does the yard work around here. I actually LIKE to mow, so I won't let anyone else do it. It takes about a hour to mow...

How many days do you do the video? Do you do morning or night workouts?
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I can't do the crow pushups only on my knees. Hopefully tonight I will be able to. I do 4-5 days of the ripped in 30 and then I do one-two days of the elliptical for 30 mins. I have a 2 year old that has changed her sleeping patter boo. I can't get as much done now. I tried waking up at 5am but I am exhausted mid week and can't get out of bed. My daughter wakes up at least once a night and comes and sleeps with us. I don't sleep very well. I can only fit in half hour. My husband is a college bball coach so he gets home at 7 and he will play with her while I fit my ripped in 30 or go to the gym for the elliptical. That is fine with me. I don't get to see my husband a lot so I don't wnat to do more than that bc it takes away our time.
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The plank jack and mountain climbers are tough. Did you have to stop any

@JDavis, I stop Frequently, and often:laugh: during those plank jacks and mountain climbers:grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:

@CMDaffy- I see we have quite a bit in common -yes, I'm in Central Standard Time- prefer early morning Ripping :drinker: Honestly, like someone else said...I don't like Jillian in my afternoons...I want to get her outta the way! So lately I've been getting my workouts started around 5 am:yawn: :glasses: :yawn:
    I also saw that you are in the Twin Cities! I just moved from there two years ago...I tell you I sooo miss Lake Calhoun that was my spot:cry: ....I loved walking/jogging around that Lake....just isn't the same here:indifferent:

@ Silverkittycat-been meaning to ask you, have you done Jillian's Yoga Dvd- how does it compare? I actually own it, still in the cellophane:indifferent: :blushing:

Oh and a big WELCOME to our newest posters! Hope you all are Enjoying your workouts :) just a preview for tomorrow's question of the day =for those still having to do their workout- start paying attention to those JM quotes:laugh:

Happy Ripping!!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 miles every other day and get some tricep dips in on my running rest days - don't want any bingo wings thank-you!
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I usually work out about 5-6 days a week other than Jillian. I actually have basically kept my workout routine regular and just added Jillian in the mornings. I do a group kickboxing class on Mondays and Fridays, Group Power (weightlifting) on Tuesdays and Zumba on Wednesdays and sometimes Thursday. I usually go on a run one day over the weekend.