"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey soon to be Ripped ladies!!! I did Day 1 last night and Day 2 this morning. I really like the workout! I love that the strength section is now 3 "moves". It keeps me from getting bored. I didn't find it too challenging, but it was still a great workout. I woke up and my hamstrings were KILLING me, not really sure which move or combinations of moves would have made my legs feel like they are on fire! I honestly haven't been this sore since I did P90X. I drank a whole protein shake instead of a half this morning hoping to prevent any additional soreness. Good luck ladies! Happy er...Ripping... (not sure I like how that sounds...) :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 yesterday...only managed to get 10 mins done because my toddler wouldnt let me finish....
    Honestly I was really mad because I was so phsyched out yesterday in getting this done....

All you ladies who have supportive partners treasure them
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just did my first Ripped in 30 workout.
    I will love having some support.

You'll have TONS of support here!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Did Day 2

I am completely sore, my right thighs are quite sore while I cant feel anything in the left, same for right hand.
    Am I doing something wrong ?

You should be feeling something! Do you mean, things are numb? Numbness is NOT good! Muscle soreness, IS a good thing. My glutes and delts were "screaming" this morning.

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My hamstrings were SO tight this morning so I got up and did the Yoga Burn DVD. I'll try to get to the Ripped in 30 later today. Gotta remember to stretch more afterwards.
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So yesterday when I did day one I was thinking "This isn't so bad. I got this." Then today I woke up and I am so SORE. My chest, inner thighs and butt all hurt. I was dreading working out today. But I did it. Seemed a lot harder today than yesterday, I'm sure because I already hurt. Kinda reminds me of when I started the Shred. :)
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm in!

I completed 2 rounds of 30 Day Shred with great results and have been really excited for a new challenge. Started Ripped yesterday and thought it was easy, until I woke up with burning hamstrings this morning! Day 2 went well and was challenging enough. I have to say, I like the slightly shorter 30DS workout for the a.m., but I'll keep with it because I love kicking off the day with a good sweat!

Let's get ripped.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow! Glad I am not the only one with sore hamstrings!!! Looks like many of us are having the same reaction. It hurts so good!!! :)
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My hamstrings are so today as well! Makes me wonder how tomorrow will feel. :)
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    About to do mine in 20 minutes, drinking coffee, finishing laundry and then time to do et. :D I took 8 months off from JM DVDs and I'm happy I found this thread to make me start a new rotation, I'm really sore today and I'm advanced! I do lift a bit heavier than they do on the DVD though, but it's so effective.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel sore at all today, just a little tightness in the muscles after rolling out of bed which soon wore off. I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong! Will see what tomorrow brings...

On another note, its great to see all us gals doing this 'together'! I love it!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Day #2 done!
    A heavily modified version, but still. I wanted to master the moves. :wink:
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If you ladies don't mind me joining

I am on Day 17 of 30 day shred
    Completed Week 2 Day 6
    Week 1 Day 8

I have taken measurements, they are on my blog, have 17 pounds to goal and so excited! Renewed energy

Below is my link to my workouts completed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao6sqzC7jALTdEo4MUUxUFROX2xQNkRCeEhSNjFLdFE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete!

Today was much more difficult than it was yesterday. I wasn't too sore this morning getting out of bed, but I did feel it in my hamstrings. As my day wore on, I noticed different muscles getting sore. It probably didn't help that we are doing a lot of cleaning and moving of large instruments today at work. Glad to know that I did do something in yesterdays workout!

I still managed to do mostly the advanced moves with 4lb weights. I only had to modify two moves, but I'm hoping to bump those up to advanced by the end of this week. Definitely a lot more back talk to Jillian this time around! I guess my shoulders got more of a workout yesterday than I thought! They were definitely not happy doing all the moves today.

I am very proud of myself, eating healthier and in moderation. Two days in a row now that I have prepared my meals :)

Good luck to all you ladies! Day 2 is complete! Keep of the good work and happy "Ripping"
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2.
    Didn't feel too bad this morning but my thighs were definitely letting me know they how they felt as the day went on. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! The hamstrings and glutes were pretty sore today! But made it thru day 2, even after a couple interruptions from my two year old! I did use 8 pound weights for some of the moves today and it felt better! Also felt a little more coordinated already doing some of the moves!

Keep on rippin'!
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    Day 3 of level 1 complete

Still sore, but seems slightly better than yesterday
  • eatrunstretch
    Options
    Wow Pakks, you're on the ball! I just got in from my run, having a tall drink of H2O and then gonna hit play! Read you later :tongue:
  • eatrunstretch
    Options
    D3 done! I am sweating so much thats its making the floor slippery and almost dangerous towards the end there (I have a tiled floor)!

Hope everyone's hammies are feeling better today :happy:
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you Katia, I still fear Jillian :)

and when she talks of levels 3 and 4, I am scared now itself