"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I need the accountability to stay at it! I just got the DVD in the mail yesterday so it's the PERFECT time for me to jump in! :)
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Got my DVD yesterday and my HRM today! I'm ready!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Ah! Still haven't bought my dvd! I will go out tonight though. I am really excited to start this!

@cmDaffy and MochaBlues: You girls are awesome and so enthusiastic!!!

Mocha and I are just mentally ill!!! LMAO!!!!! (HUGS, Mocha!)
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    HEY RIPPERS!!:bigsmile:

JUST Checking in with you all - ARE YOU READY??!! MONDAY- OCTOBER 3rd- (Two More Days till we get Ripped!) :drinker: :drinker:

Let's do this!! Just a house keeping note, I happened to look through my Collage Video catalog, and what is suggested for "RIPPED in 30" is TWO sets of dumb bell /hand weights, 3lbs and 10 lbs.

Now, as I've said before, I've not done this DVD before, (I'll be mumbling, grumbling and stumbling through it with the rest of ya :wink: ) but I assume that this is a guideline and we'll each have to make amendments according to our own fitness levels. But I just wanted to let you all know of that suggestion, in the event you needed to make any adjustments.

STILL ROOM for more, all you LURKERS!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

COME JOIN US, MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Just pre-viewed our workout. I'm in tears! Finally, someone who has the body shape that was mine! I'm tired of seeing long and lean legs, and arms. Shelly has muscles and legs that are built like mine was when I was a 20-something personal trainer!

I will repeat what Mocha says about the 2 sets of weights. They recommend it, but I'll admit I only saw them using fairly light weights during workout #1.

I seriously can't wait until Monday!!!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for tomorrow! I literally cannot wait! Feels like Christmas is coming - am I sad or what?!

Ready to get my sweat on!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was actually looking at this video in Walmart yesterday. I did the 30DS August challenge and currently doing the C25K . I wanted to pick this up and do it on the off days of the c25k. I cant do it everyday because I am still having knee problems....I wonder if it will be ok to do only 3 days a week with a day of rest on Sunday from both?:bigsmile:
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I was actually looking at this video in Walmart yesterday. I did the 30DS August challenge and currently doing the C25K . I wanted to pick this up and do it on the off days of the c25k. I cant do it everyday because I am still having knee problems....I wonder if it will be ok to do only 3 days a week with a day of rest on Sunday from both?:bigsmile:

I think it will be fine as long as you are doing things several times a week. GOOD LUCK!
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    That is great news! I'm excited- lets do this thing :)
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    I'm ready to start ripped in 30 tomorrow! :)
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    8 Hours from now and I'll be starting my first "Ripped" workout!!! I can't even begin to tell you how VERY excited I am! I have a 10 and 25# plate ready to go. (You don't need them, but I saw some stuff that looked like swings and since I already do 25# swings, I thought I had better plan on going heavy when I can)

I will say up front, I am honored to be taking this journey with every single one of you!

ROCK ON!! :tongue:
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    I need motivation..I had planned to do it in the morning, b ut gettig out of bed and the thought of Jillian scared me...

I know I have to do this, I am putting back the weight which I lost after going through so much.

For today I will do it during lunch time, but to be regular I know I have to hit it first in the morning.
    Best of luck to you all!!!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down! Felt like I was cheating on the shadow boxing after doing them with weights on 30DS L3. That Shelly is super quick on the shadow boxing - going to try and stay with her tomorrow!

@pakks, I couldn't face JM either first thing. So sorted out the children for their day, had some coffee and then faced the music!

Happy Ripping :)
  • pakks
    Options
    thank you Katia. Me too had my coffee and will kick off my Day 1 soon
  • pakks
    Options
    I did it. Though going through it was painful, it feels so good after completion
    I would consider this a big success if I make it through all 4 levels
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I did it. Though going through it was painful, it feels so good after completion

GOOD JOB!!! I KNEW you could do it! On rough mornings, I remind myself that it's only 20 minutes! I can do ANYTHING for 20 minutes!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I was so excited to get started this morning that I woke up 15 minutes early to start my day! TOTALLY fun! Yes, it was a butt kicker, but I enjoyed the challenge. LOVE circuit 2. I think this is going to completely "rip" my delts!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • pakks
    Options

GOOD JOB!!! I KNEW you could do it! On rough mornings, I remind myself that it's only 20 minutes! I can do ANYTHING for 20 minutes!

Thank you cmdaffy and you are right it is only 20 minutes of pain to shed the wrongs done to the body in the past :)
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of Ripped in 30 and came to read the boards and found this thread so I'll join in. :D

I finished up the 30 Day Shred on Saturday and I have to admit that week one of RI30 was not as big of a challenge. But with any luck that will mean that I won't get as ridiculously sore as I did at the beginning of the shred. ;) I am really excited to move through the levels in this workout and get ripped.

Side note, I couldn't even do one push up when i started working out in July and now I can do several in proper form, but they still destroy me. And it makes me feel like the biggest loser ever because my husband is a push up machine. :/
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Allrighty ladies, I did not get up this morning to get Ripped (I partied just a little too hard Saturday and am still recovering, plus I think I am getting sick). I will try my hardest to do it tonight, unless I take a turn for the worse. So proud of everyone! Kick some *kitten* and I will check in later! :)