"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i am going to start this week but i will join the group....i will hold my comments until then.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    i am going to start this week but i will join the group....i will hold my comments until then.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Thanks MochaBlues!

And thank you for reminding me that I'm due for "After 30DS" pics in a few days. Yikes. I best go do some heavy duty shredding now.
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did the 30 Day Shred a few months ago and got really good at waking up before work to get it done. I am going to TRY to do this again...yay!
  • cutie2superhottie
    Options
    :drinker: Thank you for the heads up on the photo before and after. I so pumped and ready to go.I wish you all hugh success and good health.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I havent finished the Shred (this is my 4th attempt)....but Im wondering if I should keep trying to finish or just start something new cause maybe I will like Ripped better....

PLus you get rest days :love:

I'd say start something new with our group. You'd be surprised at how motivating it is to do something with a group!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Question for those of you who've done this before, how is the upperbody portion of the workout? I have neck/shoulder injury and have to modify some of the pushup type moves in 30DS, are there tons of sideplanks and planks in Ripped? Thanks!

I haven't looked at it yet, so I can't answer.... I hope to take a look at it on Saturday...
  • cmDaffy
    Options

Come on!!! I want comments NOW!!!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Silverkittycat- LOVE to have you join us!

To the other poster, regarding how this works, well generally we all check in daily or sporadically (your choice) as to updates working through the program. What level you're on, how's it going? etc... (mumble, grumble, i.e. somehow stumble your way through it :sad: :bigsmile: :laugh: ....accountability factor!

Also before you begin you are to take your measurements and before photos, (so you have something to compare on your after) or even half way through if you start getting discouraged.

Be sure not to skip that step, as sometimes the measurements and i.e. photos are your proof its working as the scale may not always reflect it.

My philosophy is the more the merrier!

You and I think SOOOO much alike! Hugs to Mocha!!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    *Bumping for more participation*

Yes, that means YOU!:noway: What's that you say...How can you participate? :smooched:

I'm so glad you asked its SIMPLE....we haven't started yet, so there's still TIME! :drinker:

#1 Just dust off or go get your copy of Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" DVD, you can find it in your closet underneath all those shoes...OR at Target, Wal-mart, Amazon, Ebay, collagevideo and the like.

We START on MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

What else I gotta do MochaBlues??

#2 Next, its simple you just have to take your smart phone/camera, and look into a full length mirror and snap a picture of yourself. :embarassed: :laugh:

What that' you say? You don't have a full length mirror? Don't fret, ....got a solution, go to the dressing room of any major department store, take your camera phone out and snap away. ( You know in front of that mirror that always makes you look stunning)

#3 Next take your measurements, i.e. waist, arm, legs, etc.:smokin:

#4 Then, on MONDAY - OCTOBER 3rd , check in on this thread for day 1, and let us all KNOW how it went. (repeat step 4- at your pleasure over the next 30 days):drinker:

****IMPORTANT*** DO NOT SKIP over steps 2 & 3, these are important as they are EVIDENCE/PROOF that its working as the scale sometimes doesn't always reflect it, HOWEVER INCHES and pictures do!

What's that you say? You're worried about posting your pics? Don't worry....MochaBlues is NOT going to insist that you post your pics for anyone but yourself! The pics are for YOU to see just how far you've come along...when or if you start getting discouraged...(it happens):flowerforyou:

Okay....let's get ready to rumble...MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd will be here in NO TIME! Let's get RIPPED!!!!:laugh: :happy: :drinker:

Oh, and check in and let us know you're in!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I'm getting excited to start this!
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    I am in!!! I will also start Monday too!!! :happy:
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, but my only concern is that I haven't done 30DS and it seems like that's what everyone does first. Can anyone comment on the level of difficulty between the two?
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sorry Kim, 30 DS was my first JM experience. I don't think it matters though as she starts you off on Level 1 and you can modify the intensity of most moves to suit you, so I would say JOIN US!

Got my Ripped in 30 yesterday AND Killer Buns and thighs! I was feeling bored this morning with nothing to do and so I decided it would be good fun (I must be coming down with something) to try KBnT L1! Its definitely going to be worth it - we'll have to think of starting that one after Ri30!

So can't wait to start Ripped in 30 on Monday! Feel like I have nothing to do for the next few days :(
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    Count me in too.
    I came upto Level 2 Day 3 about 3 months back and then moved house and all things happened.

Now trying to do Zumba to get back into workout mode.
    I shall start from October 3rd the Monday

One question though: JM says do it for atleast 5 days a week.
    Do you do all 7 days or Monday through Friday and give the body a rest?
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    This sounds great, but my only concern is that I haven't done 30DS and it seems like that's what everyone does first. Can anyone comment on the level of difficulty between the two?

Kim, I don't think it will be a problem. I've talked to a lot of people who actually did "Ripped" first because it's the newer workout. I'm going to preview it on Saturday so I'll let you know what I think

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    cmDaffy - I think I might preview it this weekend too, great idea. :smile:

pakks - I'm going to wait and see how I feel before committing to more than 4/5 days a week. I'd like to do it 5 days per week, with 2 rest days where I fit in some yoga focused on stretching. I've no idea how I'll feel until I start it. I am finishing up the 30DS now, and even though I've done it daily there have been several days where I've modified to the point that I don't use barbells and really take it easy. Sort of like a "light" version. :wink:

I wonder what this JM Rip 60 Fitness set is? http://home-exercise-equipment.blogspot.com/2011/07/jillian-michaels-rip-60-fitness-dvd-set.html
    I could strap it up to a tree?! :laugh:
    Jillian%2BMichaels.jpg
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm actually excited to start this challenge...dont mind I totally failed at 30DS...
    I will work on getting abck in workout mode this week with some ZUmba
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! OK, I'm gonna go for it! You guys have me excited! I'm going to try to pick it up today and also purchase a heart rate monitor to track the calories burned. Does anyone have one that they recommend? From the websites I am leaning towards the Polar FT4 or FT40F, but am open to suggestions.
  • dietfree2012
    Options

Come on!!! I want comments NOW!!!

ok, lol, on day 3 and i am sore!!!!! LOL!! i am still going to snap before pics because i did not do that. I am doing mon-friday 5 days a week. So excited to do this with you guys! i lost 10 pounds on shred so i am adding that back to my routine as of oct 1. so i will do a ripped/shred combo!