Shirataki Noodle Beef Lo Mein

Options

Replies

• aroobq
    aroobq Posts: 14
    Options
    looks like i can buy miracle brand noodles online..ill try a few asian grocery stores first though
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    looks like i can buy miracle brand noodles online..ill try a few asian grocery stores first though

Asian grocery stores will be half the price. It's definitely your best bet!

-Chelle
  • finallychelle
    Options
    Am I the only one who gets a horrible stomach ache from these noodles? Tried them once. Never again... Sounds delicious (in theory) though!

I eat a pound per day and have never had that happen. I HAVE read, however, that people who don't eat much fiber have to adjust to these since they're rich in fiber.

I would give them another try but start with smaller portions.

Or build up your system by eating more fiber rich foods like oranges.

-Chelle
  • finallychelle
    Options
    bump..im still searching for shirataki noodles..if cant find them then ill order online..how do u like the texture of these..i heard it can be rubbery??does it matter on the method u use to cook them

The cooking method definitely matters. If you fry them, on high, in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray-- until they're bone dry-- you will be very pleased with the texture.

-Chelle
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • lisalis626
    Options
    Bump! I have a new found love for Shirataki Noodles.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump!! TY!
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I looked in Meijers too and couldn't find them.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump, great idea!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who gets a horrible stomach ache from these noodles? Tried them once. Never again... Sounds delicious (in theory) though!

I eat a pound per day and have never had that happen. I HAVE read, however, that people who don't eat much fiber have to adjust to these since they're rich in fiber.

-Chelle

Umm...2 grams of fiber per serving is hardly "rich in fiber." (And besides, I eat tons of natural sources of fiber, I don't need to get my fiber from highly processed tofu that smells like fish.) It's the glucomannan in them.
  • finallychelle
    Options

-Chelle

Umm...2 grams of fiber per serving is hardly "rich in fiber." (And besides, I eat tons of natural sources of fiber, I don't need to get my fiber from highly processed tofu that smells like fish.) It's the glucomannan in them.

If you read my post you'll see that shirataki noodles do NOT have tofu in them. If you happen to buy "TOFU shirataki noodles" you should expect to find some tofu in them, but shirataki noodles do not contain tofu.
  • kdunning53
    kdunning53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

-Chelle

If you read my post you'll see that shirataki noodles do NOT have tofu in them. If you happen to buy "TOFU shirataki noodles" you should expect to find some tofu in them, but shirataki noodles do not contain tofu.

And if you read my post, then you'll note that's not my point. Either way, they still contain glucomannan.
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yum:)
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    bump.....that sounds awesome!!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)