Step Into the New Year Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Replies

• I'm not walking today, other than in my normal daily routine. I've been having some leg, hip and back pain so I'm taking it easier today. I don't want to overdo it and then have to stop altogether. No, no, NO!! Not when I'm finally getting back on track with my exercise after about 4 years of NOT being on track!!

Anyway, I got in my miles for this week already so I'm good. I was supposed to get up and do my run/walk program this morning but I opted out for today. I need to rest my hip and leg.

Have a great day!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,258 Member
    I'm not walking today, other than in my normal daily routine. I've been having some leg, hip and back pain so I'm taking it easier today. I don't want to overdo it and then have to stop altogether. No, no, NO!! Not when I'm finally getting back on track with my exercise after about 4 years of NOT being on track!!

Anyway, I got in my miles for this week already so I'm good. I was supposed to get up and do my run/walk program this morning but I opted out for today. I need to rest my hip and leg.

Have a great day!

It's so frustrating when you get into the routine of exercising and start to enjoy it and then something starts to hurt, isn't? I damaged something in my calf a few weeks ago and I'm slowly getting back up to where I was but I'm terrified it will happen again and I'll have to start over! You've done well this week to meet your target so soon, a day or two resting is a good idea though :flowerforyou:
  • Finally a break in the rain... my walking/running is getting back on track. Have a lot to make up the next 3 days but, it is doable if I stay focused...

3 miles done today so far (not in ticker yet) and hoping to get in another 3-5.
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    My double shift of work have me behind but I'm hoping to get back on track. Only did 1 mile of walking yesterday. I plan to do some running and brisk walking today.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Rain rain go away. 4 miles this morning with "Walk Away the Pounds" and 1 mile this afternoon with "The Biggest Loser Power Walk" so 5 miles done for the day. Ticker updated 10 more miles to go for the week.

Everyone is doing awesome, keep up the great job.
  • lazyspice
    2.5 miles today - 6.2 to go for this week!

This week is just flying by and everyone is doing so well :happy:
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Time is flying by. Sorry I haven't been on here yet. And I really don't have any steps to post. But I will get my feet moving this week I promise. Have company at the moment and not doing any extra walking in. I think by Monday things will settle down and I can move that ticker I made.

Great job everyone on moving!!! Keep it up.
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    7.75 miles today. So 20.65 miles for the week. 10 miles in 2 days is totally doable, so yay! Marching in a 3 mile long parade tomorrow... woot
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    My ticker is updated.. I gotta pick up my pace to make 30 this 1st week.

Happy October All!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    I did not make my goal of 25 miles so bring on the punishment!! I am going out of town for the weekend so may not be able to check in till Monday, have a great weekend all!!

Current weight 217.8
  • lazyspice
    5.2 miles today - not quite there, 1 to go but at least I can have an easy day tomorrow if I want one :wink:

I'll hop on the scales in the morning *fingers crossed*

How is everyone doing today?
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Heading out to hopefully move my ticker 5 miles, I'll check back later
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Haven't been on here for a few days. Was having some computer problems. My family and I went for a 5.8 mile walk yesterday and a 3.5 mile walk today. So I definitely made my goal for the week. I did however do something to outside of my right foot so thank goodness I can rest until Monday. Gotta call the doctor first thing Monday morning because it really hurts. Hope it's nothing major.

I hope all of you are doing great on your challenge.
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    With over 8 miles today, I am up to 28.75 for the week. My pedometer died today bah, but even so, shouyld be no problem to walk 1.25 miles tomorrow. Whew.
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    i cant really see to type because im holding my head in shame i didnt make it so let me receive my sentence:sad:
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    I did 4 miles today! I lost my pedometer! wahhh wahhh..lol...

Good job everyone!
  • lazyspice
    i cant really see to type because im holding my head in shame i didnt make it so let me receive my sentence:sad:

Awwww! No need for that, you're doing so well and it's not like you're doing no exercise at all - you burned LOADS of calories yesterday!

Erica, fingers crossed it's nothing serious - rest up and take it easy.
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    thanks julie makes me feel better i must do better next week i do a lot of contract work after my job so it takes up a lot of my exercise time
  • lazyspice
    thanks julie makes me feel better i must do better next week i do a lot of contract work after my job so it takes up a lot of my exercise time

Do you wear a pedometer? You might find you're doing a fair distance just going about your life - most of mine is done on the treadmill but I wear a pedometer all day and take the distance reading as my daily total :wink:
  • Hi Guys

Sorry I havent logged in daily. I have been doing my miles but failed this weekend had to go to the osteopath with siatica. Been told to rest for a week until my next visit as exercise I am doing is agrivating things.

I did manage 15.5 miles though. I noticed my start weigh wasnt recorded it was 202 on Sunday and now 200.

Will keep you informed what I manage this week

Bring on my forfeit but be gentle with me.

Tammie