Step Into the New Year Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Replies

• FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Good morning everyone

I am so sorry to see so many of us are injured :frown:

This challenge seemed like a walk in park ..... but its more difficult (body and time wise) than many of us anticipated.

I hope everyone gets rested up and feeling better. :flowerforyou:

Maybe we should adjust?

I did 5.3 miles yesterday, yardwork and walking a nursery.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,258 Member
    Sorry to hear you're suffering Tammie - sciatica is no fun at all. What exercise have you been doing? I picked up a tip on another forum - if you're using the treadmill a lot (like I do) then putting it on a slight incline is less likely to aggravate sciatica. I was sceptical but tried it and mine has been nowhere near as bad since then.

PS I had an early hysterectomy too (39) - I put soooooooo much weight on while I was recovering!
  • lazyspice
    This challenge seemed like a walk in park ..... but its more difficult (body and time wise) than many of us anticipated.

I'm glad I opted for the 25 mile option over the 30 - today is an easy day for me as I've only got to do 1 mile to complete but 6 would be unlikely!

I've been doing a weekly challenge on another thread and we started at 15 miles and built up to 25 - I don't think I could have leapt straight in on 25 :ohwell:
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Julie Its better to opt for doable miles. The 30 miles a week is a bit of a stretch for me... over the 25. I average about 4 miles a day. So thats 2 more miles a week. I have 3.5 to do for this week. :smile:

1st week out...good Job :smile:
  • I made my goal! I walked/ran 16.5 miles. I hope I'm not coming in too late to write it down.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    I mamaged 6 miles yesterday, just need to do 4 miles today and I have met my goal. I think I'm going to buy a pedometer for this week going up. Just need to update my ticker.

Oh I weighed myself today and I'm down to 205 so I've lost 3.5 lbs this week.
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Great job everyone. Just remember I need your current weight and how many miles you've walked this week no later then 10am Monday morning.

CW: 210=1.6lbs loss this week.
    miles 27.6

Made my goal and then some. :)
  • NoDairy
    NoDairy Posts: 88
    New weight.123.2
    18 mi this week....2 short of goal :-/..
  • ecronick
    Great try Nodairy. You had some technical issues so very understandable. :)
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    Do you wear a pedometer? You might find you're doing a fair distance just going about your life - most of mine is done on the treadmill but I wear a pedometer all day and take the distance reading as my daily total i did but ilost it the fist day trying to run /walk at night so sad
  • ecronick
    Yes I wear a pedometer but only when I go out walking. I don't wear it on a normal basis and I don't wear it during other workouts. So my mileage is actual only walking/running mileage. I also do walking dvds as well.
  • lazyspice
    3.2 miles today so 27.2 for the week - job done th_woohoo.gif
    CW = 217 (1lb loss)
  • ecronick
    I'm in the process of making a chart everyone so once I get everyones totals for the week I'll go ahead and post it so you all can see it. I will be the only one who can modify it just so nothing gets messed up.
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    I learned a lesson this week - finish miles by Saturday. lol

I woke up feeling totally crappy. Luckily I only had 1.25 miles left so I went for a slow walk with my kids around the neighborhood to accomplish it. Now back to bed. lol

Total miles this week: 30 and current weight: 168.8 lbs.
  • lazyspice

I woke up feeling totally crappy. Luckily I only had 1.25 miles left so I went for a slow walk with my kids around the neighborhood to accomplish it. Now back to bed. lol

Bonus points for commitment to the cause, well done you! :flowerforyou:

Feel better soon.
  • Hi,

This was a busy week for me but I managed to surpass my goal of 25 miles. I am happy to say that I walked a total of 39 miles this week but I did not weigh this morning. I will definitely have my weight in the morning. Happy walking to you and all my friends who are in the challenge.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Done plus an extra mile

CW: 205=3.5lb loss this week.
    miles 31
  • ecronick

Bonus points for commitment to the cause, well done you! :flowerforyou:

Feel better soon.

Completely agree!! Feel better
  • sorry to hear that but neosporin will help
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    I did 3 miles today. I didn't meet my goal this week. :-(
    I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to manage all my day-to-day duties and reach my goal. Must work harder!! :-)

GREAT JOB to everyone who reached their goal this week!!!