Step Into the New Year Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles done so far today!! Was thinking of doing some more after the hubby and kiddo go to sleep.
  • ecronick
    Options
    Ahhhh...our scale broke so we bought a new one as close to the same kind as possible but it says I'm 5lbs heavier then what our other scale said. What do I do? Do I just change my weight on here because this is going to be the scale I use from now on?

Ahhhh...I'm so upset. I know it's not my fault but I just really liked that number. I don't want to go back up. I guess it just means I have to work a little harder. :frown: :sad: :cry:
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Can you add 5lb to your start weight and adjust your current weight to the new reading so your ticker stays the same? You HAVE lost 10lb after all and I can understand how demoralising it would be to see your ticker go back to 5lb :flowerforyou:

Edtited to add: I don't think you can, I've had a quick look through the settings and I can't find anything that allows you to change your start weight - perhaps you could drop an email to the support techies and see if they can do it for you?
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    Options
    4 miles yesterday
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    5.8 for yesterday.

Erica Go to "check in"... then you can "Edit Previous Measurement Entries" and add 5 lbs to your SW like Julie suggested.

Happy Thurs walking all!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    5.8 for yesterday.

Erica Go to "check in"... then you can "Edit Previous Measurement Entries" and add 5 lbs to your SW like Julie suggested.

Happy Thurs walking all!

Nice one Jorden! You found out how to do it!

*wanders off for a nosey*
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    *wanders off for a nosey* I dont know what this means? But it sounds funny.:smile:

Plez explain.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Oops! I forget I'm on a predominantly American website sometimes - I just meant I was going to satisfy my curiosity and follow your instructions :laugh:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    LOL Julie that makes sense now!! Did ya find it?
  • ecronick
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    LOL Julie that makes sense now!! Did ya find it?

I did! Well hidden, isn't it?! That's probably the only place I didn't look this morning :ohwell:
  • ecronick
    Options
    It only let me edit the SW with no problem but it kept my weigh-ins the same so I had to delete them 1 by 1 and then reenter them. It's ok though.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm ok with this. It would explain why the pants I really want to fit into don't quite fit just yet. It also makes me a little more motivated. :)

Edit: Oh yea...1 more mile done. I have a concert tonight so looks like I'm going to have to walk lots this weekend.
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hi!

I may be dropping out of this challenge.... I have been having some trouble with my hip since starting back to exercising recently. I first hurt it about 5 years ago (?) but never had it looked at. When I went to the doc yesterday I asked about it and am being referred to physical therapy. It seems to be the walking motion that hurts it the most, since that is the movement that I was doing when I injured it....

I'm going to keep going to my Jazzercise class until or unless the physical therapist tells me not to...I really don't want to quit all exercise and that class is the thing I enjoy the most. But I'm thinking I need to listen to my body and take some of the pressure off of it.

Sorry!! :frown:
  • ecronick
    Options
    Hi!

I may be dropping out of this challenge.... I have been having some trouble with my hip since starting back to exercising recently. I first hurt it about 5 years ago (?) but never had it looked at. When I went to the doc yesterday I asked about it and am being referred to physical therapy. It seems to be the walking motion that hurts it the most, since that is the movement that I was doing when I injured it....

I'm going to keep going to my Jazzercise class until or unless the physical therapist tells me not to...I really don't want to quit all exercise and that class is the thing I enjoy the most. But I'm thinking I need to listen to my body and take some of the pressure off of it.

That's not a problem at all. You should always listen to your body.
  • destiny150
    Options
    6 miles down today so far but still going. That makes 22 miles, Wow only 3 more miles to finish the week. Yimpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Hi!

Poor you :ohwell: Sounds like you need something a bit lower impact - swimming perhaps? I hope the physical therapist can help you soon - will you let us know how you're getting on?

4.6 miles today - 10.2 to go!
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I don't wanna beat my body up too badly at this point...I still need it to get me through several more decades, God willing. Besides, that's how I hurt myself in the first place, by pushing too hard and being competitive.
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    Options
    2.5 miles today - so 28 miles total this week. It was a busy day, didn't get any time to walk any extra other than the c25k run.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Well done Jaimie! It's only Friday and you've nearly reached this weeks target already!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    6 miles on Wednesday and 6 miles on Thrusday!