Replies

• naturallyflyy
    naturallyflyy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Made this in my crock pot yesterday, and yumm! Hubby loved it too. Can't believe how little calories it has, 3 cups is a LOT, I couldn't even eat that much. I have tons of left overs to last me the next few days, although I will only be eating that for dinner. Thanks for the recipe :)
  • cocobozo
    cocobozo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really quite good, ate it for a couple of days and felt thinner, did not acutally weigh myself but it did give me convidence and made me watch what I was eating, so keep eating it a couple times per week. It freezes well. My husband liked at as well (all that meat - I used low fat beef (probably a bit higher in the calorie count)). I liked the measurement amount, that was what motivated me to try it. Mental thing. I cut it to 2 1/2 per serving, since the beans make it filling.
  • sunshine913
    Options
    I tried the soup and it is very good..I find the texture thick like a chili. However, it says it makes 16 cups but I only got 3 containers made with 3 cups in each (9 cups). What did I do wrong? I measured out all the liquids and the only thing I didn't do was add the extra 1/4 pound of meet but that shouldn't make that big of a difference. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had this problem?
  • haterhaze
    haterhaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    might try
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    This sounds pretty good. I might have to try it out.
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    Options
    bump
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sexijanelle
    Options
    hey guys this soup actually works! i am already 5lbs down in 3days. i suggest u guys add a slice or two of pickled cucumber in it; it give the soup more flavor. i pickeld my own cucumbers in vinegar(white) and sea salt. its extra delish! :flowerforyou:
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    hey guys this soup actually works! i am already 5lbs down in 3days. i suggest u guys add a slice or two of pickled cucumber in it; it give the soup more flavor. i pickeld my own cucumbers in vinegar(white) and sea salt. its extra delish! :flowerforyou:

CONGRATS on your loss. I'm going to try this. I've been looking for this type recipe.
  • northernlights907
    Options
    I made this last night with chicken and it was pretty good! But....I dont like mushrooms! I dont think it should matter if I dont add them? Next time Im def gonna double the recipe!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Looks great, thanks for sharing!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • sunshine913
    Options
    Hi Janelle. Did your recipe make the appropriate amount of soup? Mine only makes 9 cups and I followed the recipe perfectly expect for adding the 1/4 cup of meat..i only added 1 cup...but this shouldn't make up for the lack of soup. The soup was good but I am scared I will be eating it and not lose because my soup didn't turn out as liquidy as it is suppose to be! Am I missing something? Should I add water to it?
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • angela5168
    Options
    Bump
  • spacegirlz
    spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I just put this in my crock pot to cook and, OH, MAN, it looks and smells amazing. If it tastes as good as it looks and smells I'm going to be in heaven. I can't wait. I following the recipe exactly except for the parsley (I'm really bad about improvising ingredients and totally messing it up). I didn't get any fresh but I have some flakes I put in. It was, also, really, really thick so I added a bit more of the vegetable juice ( could only find a bigger bottle than what it called for). It might cook down and be "soupier" after it's cooked but it doesn't look at all like a "soup."

It wasn't too cheap either. About 27 dollars for all the ingredients but if I cook it again it won't cost as much since I won't have to buy cayenne and cumin again.

I hope its good!! Can't wait!!! HMMM...maybe I should have put it in the skillet after all and had it sooner!!!! LOL