Replies

• liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I just put the recipe in database and it came out 434 calories for one serving of 1/5 of the pot (because the original poster said it would make 15 cups and a serving was 3 cups). That's not bad!!! Oh, that's with ground lean beef...
  • weesmallmamma
    weesmallmamma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ok..I made this last night. It was very yummy. Only thing is there is no way this makes 16 cups. I doubled it and only got 20 cups at 153 calories each.
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks for sharing, needed a good soup recipe, this one sounds great.
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Look great. Thanks for sharing.
  • crzyone
    Options
    This really isn't soup. This is chilli.

It was very good.

I had to buy a 46 ounce bottle of vegetable juice so ended up adding the whole bottle so that it would not go to waste and because I wanted the "soup" to be a little juicier. I,also, threw in some garlic powder, onion powder about a fourth of a teaspoon of extra cumin and a couple extra dashes of cayenne.

It was very spicy but still a bit bland. If you aren't concerned with sodium a bit of salt will make this taste a hundred times better.

Mine made 14 cups of soup ( so with the extra cup and a half of juice that would have been 12 and a half cups) minus all the tasting I did while it was cooking (which was quite a bit).

How did you get yours so low calorie? Is it the meat that makes the difference?

I would use beef again but I would use a lot less in it.
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good, especially since everyone is saying it tastes like chili :)
  • crzyone
    Options
    It was very tasty. I had two cups of it (3 cups is a serving.)

I got it all bowled up and ready to take to work with me all next week....

BUT....now..

I'm so sick!!!!!

I think all those spices and beef have just been too much for my stomach!! I haven't had anything that spicy in several months and it's fighting back terribly. Guess I'll stick to my salads and brown rice from now on. :( I'm greatly disappointed and going to be afraid to eat any more if it (even if something else caused this, like stomach virus or food poisoning or something.)

:)
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I used chili powder instead of cheyenne. It's not spicy at all. I would just adjust the spices next time you make it and maybe use the chicken or turkey if the beef doesn't sit well with you.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RoxyMoxie
    RoxyMoxie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shartley1963
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love Chili and weather is getting colder.
    So how did you gusy lose weight on this.. just eat this soup and nothing else?
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump-thanks
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump
  • kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • illidia
    Options
    this sounds great!
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this looks like a good recipe whether it works or not.