Woman's World Fat Flush Soup!!

Options
Jennifernellwebb
Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
I made this soup yesterday.... YUMMY!!!!
It tastes just like Chili! ( I used 93/7 Ground Turkey ) just be careful and put the exact amount of Cayenne in there. Mine is warm but I could feed it to a little one and be fine. I used the exact amount, but you can taste it a little.
I weigh myself every Sunday/ Monday.... depending on my mood to log.... and I logged my loss for the week yesterday. From yesterday to today, I lost 1.4lbs! I won't log it, I only log my loss once a week, but I am staying on this plan for 7 to 10 days to see what happens!!! For what it is worth, I work all week on the treadmill to see a 1.4lb. loss so this is exciting! I may have just lost some water weight all of the sudden, who knows, but I will tell you this..... I have never, in the past months....seen a 1.4lb. loss overnight!
Also, this recipe below makes( 5) 3 cup servings so if you want to do this for a week or two, you might want to double the ingredients. 10 servings is five days if you don't want to feed your family this for days and days. If you are feeding the family, well, you might want to make it every other day or something. MY HUSBAND LOVES IT! So, I will be making this every other day for the next week to week and a half.......but I just know that it is going to be worth it! I have a good feeling about this one!
~FAT FLUSH SOUP~
‎2 tsp. Olive Oil
1 1/4 lbs. Lean Ground Beef, Turkey, or Shredded Chicken
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
... 8 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
1 (14oz) can Crushed Tomatoes
1 (32oz.) bottle reduced sodium tomato or vegetable Cocktail Juice
1 (14oz) can Beans rinsed and drained.
1 Tbs.Ground Cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne, or to taste
1/4 cup each fresh Cilantro and Parsley, chopped

In a stockpot, heat Olive Oil over Medium-high setting. Saute meat/ poultry until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Saute Onions, Garlic, Peppers, and Mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except Cilantro and Parsley. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in Cilantro and Parsley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Store soup in refrigerator up to 5 days. Freezes well. Makes 16 cups.
1 serving = 3 cups
Calories 315 Fat 9g cholesterol 65.8mg Protein 31g Carbs.30g Sodium1185mg. Fiber 8g.
BTW.......I JUST BROWNED MY TURKEY AND TOSSED IT ALL IN A CROCKPOT FOR TWO HOURS! SO MEATY TOO!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    looks like a great recipe. Can I suggest adding some unsweetened cocoa or carob powder? They both have health benefits and add a whole new level of depth to chili & BBQ dishes
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    wouldn't want it every day but sounds like good soup
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chubswonky
    Options
    Wow! Big serving size, too! Thanks for posting
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    This sounds really good gonna have to try it for sure!!!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds interesting and I'll have to give it a try.
  • Monica_1913
    Monica_1913 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I will be making it.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump, sounds yummy!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    It looks tasty but I can guarantee you didn't lose 1.4 pounds of fat over night.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

:flowerforyou:
  • carrie145
    Options
    bump
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    It is a fat flush recipe that I found. I plan to eat it often after a 7 to 10 day run. I am sure that I will be pretty burned out on it by then. But I do plan to add it to my weekly meals! It is really good!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Interesting!! Bump.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    It looks tasty but I can guarantee you didn't lose 1.4 pounds of fat over night.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

:flowerforyou:
    I was thinking more along the lines of ~water~ like I said, but it was nice to see the change, no matter what it was.
  • LilyV1865
    LilyV1865 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What kind of canned beans? Recipe sounds delish!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The name makes it sound just delectable!

It looks like a nice soup. Thank you for sharing.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    looks like a great recipe. Can I suggest adding some unsweetened cocoa or carob powder? They both have health benefits and add a whole new level of depth to chili & BBQ dishes
    That sounds really good! When I make it on a weekly basis, I will have to try that! Thanks! :wink:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I find this interesting. How does it work?
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    What kind of canned beans? Recipe sounds delish!
    It doesn't say in the recipe..... I used the black beans. According to mfp, my soup is like, 386 calories, because I log everything and it may be the difference in the beans I used, the fact that I used turkey 93/7 opposed to shredded chicken or beef but I think that if you add all YOUR ingredients in, you will see that it is slightly different than what the magazine says.