Single ladies and fellas...

Options

Replies

• fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My friends and I were talking about this yesterday.

I am single for the first time in my adult life and am totally failing at all the rules that are supposed to go along with that!

I genuinely didn't realise it was supposed to be awkward to approach new people so have been doing so without a second thought!

It's like I'd always talk to different people when I had a boyfriend, and now I now even though I don't have that safety net I actually don't feel any different so I still do, although the stakes have changed :P Apparently it is quite funny to them :P But it's working well for me ;) haha
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nope, another way too shy person
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    lol. . they approached me when I used to go out. . . . other than that. . if it is friends I am comfortable joking and flirting, but with strangers I am shy!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Well I don't go out, but if I did I would never approach. I am way to shy and self conscious!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No,don`t ever think I would have a chance. :ohwell:
    Stop. You are such a nice guy. Ladies like that!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No I don't. I'm not shy and don't have any confidence problems. I'm just old-fashioned and figure if a guy likes me enough he'll make the move. Of course I'm not above sending signals ;) But if he doesn't bite it's not worth it anyways
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ps. to the guys - don't be shy. Even if I'm not interested (or in my case, I'm taken) I have total respect for guys who make the move. So don't be scared, confidence means a lot!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm not a shy person, I'm extremely outgoing until I see a guy that I think is attractive then I'm a mute!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    There's shy, and then there's me...

For a couple of years, I had my eyes on "Roberta." In middle school she was something of a tomboy, but she definitely bloomed in high school. The braces were off, and she no longer wore coveralls to class, and there were some wonderful new curves to her profile. I was, in a word, smitten.

In high school, our student council used to sell colored carnations for holidays (red for Valentine's Day, Green for St. Patrick's, etc.) I plucked up my courage one day, and bought a couple of green carnations. I sat there in homeroom, looking at the flowers, then at the clock, then back to the flowers. Finally, just before the bell rang to head to our next class, I plucked up my courage and strode up to Roberta. I blurted out something incredibly romantic, like..."Here, these are for you." Her eyes sparkled. She smiled that smile that only came from years of wearing braces. Taking the flowers, she said "Thank you," and tenderly touched my hand in gratitude. My world swirled around me and then suddenly all went black.

The next thing I know, I'm looking up at the faces of my classmates and homeroom teacher. They were all smiling, some were even laughing, and the only face I didn't see was Roberta's. Apparently...I uh... fainted. They made me go to the nurse's office to make sure I hadn't fractured anything, but the only thing wounded was my pride.

I never did follow-up with Roberta, although I did see her once or twice as a teller at a bank years later. She smiled when she saw me, but was gracious enough not to say anything. I, of course, got a bit tongue-tied but otherwise survived. Luckily I was a drive-thru teller, so there was no risk of repeating my memorable performance.

So, yeah... shy. :blushing:
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I'm not a shy person, I'm extremely outgoing until I see a guy that I think is attractive then I'm a mute!
    That would explain why you haven't spoken to me. :flowerforyou:
  • kkauz42
    Options
    That would explain why you haven't spoken to me. :flowerforyou:

HAHAHA! Crap, I got caught! :wink:
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

SAME! Funny thing is... I approach girls in bars/clubs to compliment them on a cute outfit or shoes, which leads to conversations most times for me! But you won't find me striking up a convo with a hot fella. Man, they intimidate me.
  • kkauz42
    Options

SAME! Funny thing is... I approach girls in bars/clubs to compliment them on a cute outfit or shoes, which leads to conversations most times for me! But you won't find me striking up a convo with a hot fella. Man, they intimidate me.

Oh totally, but lets be honest. What would a guy do/say if we complimented them on their cute shoes or outfit lol
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i tried it once and got a number, too bad it was a wrong number.... i sent her a note with my number in it and told her i tried to contact her, but it never went through and put the number in the note. she texted me later saying it was an accident... tried talking to her a few times about going to do something but she is always busy..... so i will probly not approach someone again.... it took all i had to talk to her and it fell through badly.....
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Oh totally, but lets be honest. What would a guy do/say if we complimented them on their cute shoes or outfit lol

We can always try the classic pick-up line... "Nice shoes... wanna f:devil:k?"
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nope, not unless I have something sarcastic to say.
  • ESVABelle
    Options

I'm the supervisor of a footwear dept. I've *literally* said "Nice shoes" to a hot guy...just to see if he'd pick up on it, LoL
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    i tried it once and got a number, too bad it was a wrong number.... i sent her a note with my number in it and told her i tried to contact her, but it never went through and put the number in the note. she texted me later saying it was an accident... tried talking to her a few times about going to do something but she is always busy..... so i will probly not approach someone again.... it took all i had to talk to her and it fell through badly.....

Don't give up! Not everyone is for everyone! I, personally, wish more guys would come up to me. I've tried getting out of my shell a few times, and though it was terrifying, I lived to tell the tale! Even the guy I'm sort of hopefully starting to see now, I asked HIM out! :blushing:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

I'm the supervisor of a footwear dept. I've *literally* said "Nice shoes" to a hot guy...just to see if he'd pick up on it, LoL

Im dumb, I thought you really did like my shoes....wanna get a pizza;-)
  • ESVABelle
    Options
    Im dumb, I thought you really did like my shoes....wanna get a pizza;-)

Sorry babes, I'm an IIFYM kinda girl and pizza just doesn't make the cut :-P

(but if we're talking thin, stuffed crust meat lovers with extra cheese and a side of marinara, I will come faster than you can believe possible)