Single ladies and fellas...

Options

Replies

• Mateo1985
    Options
    Am I the only one that isn't shy around here?

How'd I start dating my husband? We had mutual friends and all went out one night. We were all sitting at a table. He went up to buy a round of drinks for everyone. I waited a few minutes, then walked up behind him.. waited for him to turn around, grabbed him and kissed him. Just like that. I held onto his face and wouldn't let him move. His friend came over and rescued the drinks. I pushed him back to the table, climbed on him and madeout with him. No question whether or not I'm confident. I honestly never even thought of being rejected....

Way to go!!!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I usually will walk up and start chatting. I go through moods where sometimes I have alot to say, and sometimes I just don't and it just doesn't work. Sometimes there is chemistry, and sometimes it's just flat.

The more drinks I've had, the easier it is.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Not single Amanda, you know that, but I walked up and kissed my now husband full on the mouth. It worked! Lol
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Not single Amanda, you know that, but I walked up and kissed my now husband full on the mouth. It worked! Lol
    Thank you for clarifying that it was on the mouth. You know how my mind works...
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying that it was on the mouth. You know how my mind works...
    That I DO Zip, that I do! Lmao
  • rangers1312
    rangers1312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Agreed...
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    I personally shoot a look and hope it gets me somewhere. Usually.. it does not. :P
    It starts with contact. If we connect then I approach
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Agreed...

Eric are you agreeing to my being awkward? You would know before anyone.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Nope! I got rejected in the past so I feel like there's no point!
  • krayolasart
    Options
    i love it its the most exhilarating thing to do
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Newly single here, but I've never had a problem talking to really pretty women. My job has gotten me waaay past the shy part, and once you realize that most of them are just as shy, it all becomes a bit silly.

Of course, that's because up until now, while being married, there was no pressure about the outcome since I wasn't "hitting" on them. I usually have a puppy-in-training with me, which makes for a perfect ice breaker, and allows for a casual conversation when their guard isn't up (like at a night club). We'll see what the future has in store.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Well now I feel like a freak! I think I'm probably overly confident actually. Both my serious bf's in the past have begun with my making a forward comment to them. LOL I'm very bold and people sometimes take it as *****iness, but how can I complain about being single (which I dont anyway) if I don't ever try?

So what if they reject me, if that's the worst that happens to me in life then I've got it pretty good :)

Flirting is SO fun!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself to be shy - but I suppose I am when it comes to chatting up guys because I don't feel terribly comfortable doing it, though I have in the past and probably would today if I came across someone interesting.

That said, I would rather be approached first - it's a great feeling when someone notices you and makes the effort so you know that you *have* been noticed!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Generally no, unless I have a good "in" to break the ice.

Or a lot of drinks in me
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm not that shy but I don't approach men. I always feel that they wouldn't be interested in me. They are always looking for the younger, fitter type and I don't live up to that anymore. I don't really go out much though either so I never get to meet anyone.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Im not single but when I was I would never have the nerve! Too shy!
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I prefer to wait it out until the hot chick leaves Christmas Cookies on my doorstep...
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Not single now...but still incrediably flirty ( my husbands okay with it so it all works out!. ha!) :wink: I'm pretty shy until I either have a couple of drinks in me or until someone has shown some interest first. Then I don't have a problem approaching anyone I think is my league or under. I lack way to much confidence to approach anyone that I think is out of my league. :blushing:
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am too shy out at the bars.... but I have more confidence in the gym, so I am the one who approaches a guy, but always to just have a conversation, I've never asked anyone out, but talking is the start of something.... :blushing:
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When I'm in my social butterfly mode I throw shy out the door. Of course I hate rejection but my intentions are to just say hello and introduce myself and if I feel any vibe back then I will flirt more.

I've met some really great friends this way and I need to be friends with them first before I date them.
    (losing weight has boost my confidence ten fold and hopefully this will open the door for me more so I can have them approach me)