Single ladies and fellas...

Options

Replies

• Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Haha! Hell no! Im sssoooo shy! Im really am! Im very quiet and nerdy and im always around my friends. They tell me to approach someone and my fear kicks in. I never been asked out so thats probably the problem lol
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    ps. to the guys - don't be shy. Even if I'm not interested (or in my case, I'm taken) I have total respect for guys who make the move. So don't be scared, confidence means a lot!
    Do NOT get me started on this... LOL! I'm kinda shy but I also attempt to say something every once in a while. The area where I live is hell... you LITERALLY get the, "why are you talking to me?" look if you try to talk to an attractive woman. Also, attractive women get hit on ALL the time, from the moment they leave home till the time they come back.

So you're saying that even though you're taken, you enjoy the attention. :wink: I can almost hear the thoughts, awwww... he's so cute... look at him... he's trying to hit on me. Awww... :laugh: At 45 yrs old, I have zero time or patience for games. I'm very friendly and if someone wants to talk to me they'd be surprised just how easy I am to be approached.

</rant>
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    When I was single, yeah, all the time.

It wasn't always like that though. I never used to approach. Then I reached a stage where I was so horny and so lonely that I thought "nothing is as bad as this, something has got to give..." So, one fateful night I went out with some equally geeky friends and our mission was to simply approach as many women as possible. The goal wasn't to get a number, or a date, or even for the girl to be interested. It was simply to go over and say "hi."

The first couple of times were diffcult but after that it got less and less so. It's like many things. The fear or idea of doing something a lot worse than actually doing it. It's one big mindgame. Funnily enough I reached a stage after approaching dozens of women that I didn't have to do so anymore. It was a zen thing. At some point in the night a situation always seemed to present itself where I could quite naturally start talking to an attractive lady as she was in vicinty.

I went from no approaches, to lot of approaches, back to no approaches but with completely different outcomes. Spooky maaaan ;)
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    No, I don't approach attractive guys. I have no self confidence for it.
    And no, I don't get hit by guys that much. So I guess that says it all :indifferent:
    Then again, I don't go out too often.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Do NOT get me started on this... LOL! I'm kinda shy but I also attempt to say something every once in a while. The area where I live is hell... you LITERALLY get the, "why are you talking to me?" look if you try to talk to an attractive woman. Also, attractive women get hit on ALL the time, from the moment they leave home till the time they come back.

So you're saying that even though you're taken, you enjoy the attention. :wink: I can almost hear the thoughts, awwww... he's so cute... look at him... he's trying to hit on me. Awww... :laugh: At 45 yrs old, I have zero time or patience for games. I'm very friendly and if someone wants to talk to me they'd be surprised just how easy I am to be approached.

</rant>

So then why not go talk to someone who isn't the traditionally attractive woman? Why not go for the one who's smiling a lot or looking like she'd be fun to talk to and not *****y and mean? :laugh:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ps. to the guys - don't be shy. Even if I'm not interested (or in my case, I'm taken) I have total respect for guys who make the move. So don't be scared, confidence means a lot!

</rant>

Ummm maybe I read you wrong but I don't know why my comment elicited such a reaction from you. Everyone is flattered by attention, aren't they? I don't lead guys on if that's what you're thinking. But I'm also not one of those *****es you mentioned in your first paragraph who will look at you like a freak if you try to talk to me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Ha, nope. Don't have the courage. Maybe one day I'll build up enough confidence to be able to pull it off, but for now I'm still working on that.
  • staceyGO
    Options
    of course! The worst thing that can happen is they'll say "not a chance"..but if you never approach, you'll never know!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Simple babycakse..............boooze up and just start chatting up. Usually if the woman goes with the flow shes diggin it. you could tell in the first sentence if othe chick is into it.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No, I approach the same sex because I'm a lesbian. However, since I have a girlfriend...I don't approach anyone........they approach me. Take a 5 Hour Energy...that'll get you talking.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No, I approach the same sex because I'm a lesbian. However, since I have a girlfriend...I don't approach anyone........they approach me. Take a 5 Hour Energy...that'll get you talking.

5 hour energy!.................damn! Im usually in "how you doin" mood after 3 drinks! Its showtime!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I work in customer service so I talk to people for a living lol There have been times I've approached men...if there's a sporting thing on the tv at whatever pub or bar I'll ask about it.

"so do you have money on this game to like some of my friends?" :laugh:

I can't do the "sexy" thing so I try and get them talking about sports...or fitness
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options

5 hour energy!.................damn! Im usually in "how you doin" mood after 3 drinks! Its showtime!

3 drinks work too but by that time I'm usually slurring and actuing obnoxious. I'm sort of a light weight when it comes to drinking but hey, whatever works! It's called "liquid courage" for a reason :wink:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I FIND A RANDOM THING TO COMMENT ON AND SEE IF THEY AGREE. ASKING QUESTIONS HELPS TO. MEN LIKE TO FIX THINGS SO I WILL ASK A GUY TO REACH SOMETHING FOR ME OR ASK IF THEY CAN HELP ME. I LOVE TO FLIRT WITH PRODUCE BOYS TOO. ASK WHATS THE FRESHEST, TIPS FOR PICKING THE BEST FRUIT ETC. PEOPLE ARE JUST AS SCARED OF REJECTION AS YOU MAY BE BUT THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE WHEN YOU ARE JUST FRIENDLY AND FUNNY. I AM KIND OF A PERVERT BUT I PLAY NICE AND FLATTER GIRLS WHERE I GO. I TELL GIRLS, NICE SHIRT, CUTE DRESS, THOSE ARE SEXY SHOES ETC. WHY NOT MAKE SOMEONE SMILE? FLIRTING IS FUN AND KEEPS ME ON TOP OF THE GAME ;)
    LOL
  • spasticlulu
    Options
    i always feel to big to talk to anyone I find attractive, and not most of the people that I work with are married so no help there lol
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I will come faster than you can believe possible

THATS WHAT SHE SAID....
    BWAHAHAHA.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I work in customer service so I talk to people for a living lol There have been times I've approached men...if there's a sporting thing on the tv at whatever pub or bar I'll ask about it.

"so do you have money on this game to like some of my friends?" :laugh:

I can't do the "sexy" thing so I try and get them talking about sports...or fitness

Can't do the sexy thing my *kitten*!!!
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that isn't shy around here?

How'd I start dating my husband? We had mutual friends and all went out one night. We were all sitting at a table. He went up to buy a round of drinks for everyone. I waited a few minutes, then walked up behind him.. waited for him to turn around, grabbed him and kissed him. Just like that. I held onto his face and wouldn't let him move. His friend came over and rescued the drinks. I pushed him back to the table, climbed on him and madeout with him. No question whether or not I'm confident. I honestly never even thought of being rejected....
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    i have a many times worst thing that can happen is they so no or they have a bf no biggie..
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can't do the sexy thing either. I fail and come off as awkward.