Oct. schedule for Beth's Angels Toning Group (anyone is welc

Options
Hello Beth's Angels Toning Group: Here is the schedule for Oct. I hope you can read it - I took a picture of the paper - let me know if you have any problems. I will still post everyday what the exercise and quantity is.

Anyone is welcomed to join our group - this is a toning group. Just introduce yourself and jump right in. Lets all get toned for the month of Oct - we can do this!!!

10xuhwi.jpg

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Saturday got cut off - it is still focusing on water and Sunday is our rest day.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I will join this month!!! I see the numbers went up from all 50's but I should be able to manage :wink:

I am Carrie and I am a single mother who has gotten it in her head to run a full marathon.... on Oct 16th I am running a half! :bigsmile: I am in my "last ten pounds" phase and I know that toning is important.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I will join this month!!! I see the numbers went up from all 50's but I should be able to manage :wink:

I am Carrie and I am a single mother who has gotten it in her head to run a full marathon.... on Oct 16th I am running a half! :bigsmile: I am in my "last ten pounds" phase and I know that toning is important.

Welcome, I am glad to see that you decided to join my group. We all going to get nice and toned. Some of the exercises stayed at 50 while others have gone up to 75 or 100.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    OOOO I'm interested what do I gotta do?
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    OOOO I'm interested what do I gotta do?

If you want to start today, the mission is 50 sit-ups. This is the schedule for Oct for those that keep track everyday. I also post the mission everyday on here and on the home page. I am mixing things up with different quantities and a new exercise compared to Sept when it was the same routine and 50 of each. Saturday is focused on water and Sunday is a rest day. Just jump right in.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    when u say focus on water, u just mean water intake? no exercise for that day? I'm in.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    when u say focus on water, u just mean water intake? no exercise for that day? I'm in.

Yes, just water intake - I am really bad about my water on weekends. Welcome aboard
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Hey Beth....

Can you explain, or post youtube videos, the difference between a situp and a crunch? I use that word interchangable for the same exersice.

Also if you don't mind, for toning I am going to add on Sat 50 tricep extensions because I see the only arm toning exercise is pushups. That will make two exercises for each the legs (squats/lunges), abs (situps/(rev)crunches), and arms (pushups/extensions).

You are awesome for working this out!!! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Beth,
    Way to mix ut up!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I did not get my water in yesterday but that is because I was in a car all day traveling across state and didn't have the opportunity to keep a water supply.

I can't wait to start the weekly set tomorrow!!!!
  • MuseumOfAsh
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I am so in. I think I'll do like carrriebear and add an arm toning exercise on Saturday. My arms are my biggest problem area.
  • Husker99
    Options
    I'm in! Can these numbers be broke down through out the day or is the goal to do all at once? Looking forward to the challenge :D
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today starts out new set of missions with variety and change. So, today's mission is 75 sqauts. You can do it - I know it is more, but we can handle 25 more, right? Oh, I did do my 50 push-ups from Friday yesterday. Check in when completed!!! Stay strong and we are all getting toned together. :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Welcome the newcomers - just jump right in. Today's mission is 75 squats. The numbers can be done anyway possible either all at once or broken down.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Hey Beth....

Can you explain, or post youtube videos, the difference between a situp and a crunch? I use that word interchangable for the same exersice.

Also if you don't mind, for toning I am going to add on Sat 50 tricep extensions because I see the only arm toning exercise is pushups. That will make two exercises for each the legs (squats/lunges), abs (situps/(rev)crunches), and arms (pushups/extensions).

You are awesome for working this out!!! Thanks! :bigsmile:

Carrie - I will try to explain the difference between a sit-up and crunches. When you do a sit-up, your feet are flat on the floor and you come the whole way up off the floor into a sitting position whereas for a crunch you are just crunching forward with your head coming off the floor. They are similar but you use more muscles in a sit-up than a crunch. I am sure you can google a sit-up if you still have questions. If you can't handle a sit-up just do crunches (they both work the abs just sit-ups work different ones). I hope this helps.

As for your other questions, it is always ok to do extra stuff - I do extra stuff sometimes my self.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    75 squats are done while in the restroom - now my legs feel like jello (awesome feeling).
  • Husker99
    Options
    Took a Body Pump class today at the Y...75 squats down!:smile:
  • l8trg8tr
    l8trg8tr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and am looking forward to this toning challenge. How much water are you to drink on Saturdays?:smooched:
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    I am so in......will start today....my name is Lee-Ann and I am working on my last 7 pounds and will definitely want to get some toning in.....great idea.....tx
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    75 squats done... done in 25 sets but still done!