Oct. schedule for Beth's Angels Toning Group (anyone is welc

Options

Replies

• losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    didn't have a chance to check in yesterday but my 50 pushups were completed (all girly from the knee style - but with good form and done in 2 sets of 25 with only about a 5 minute break in between. for me, that's a big deal!)
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    My 50 push-ups are completed (10 real ones and 40 girlie ones) plus I did an extra 50 squats and 50 crunches for extra toning and calories burned. I went out to eat for lunch and I am going out tonight with my boyfriend - I need all the extra calories I can get right now.

great job on the extra toning. such an inspiration! I hope you had a great date night with the bf :smile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today is our rest day unless you have something to make-up for the past week. I hope everyone has a great Sunday, and be ready to go again tomorrow.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    this looks like something i could do! what is a reverse crunch anyway?
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    this looks like something i could do! what is a reverse crunch anyway?

A reverse crunch is when you put your legs straight up in the air (when laying on your back) and life your butt up off the floor. It uses your lower abs (or your "pouch" from those of us who have/had babies). You could also youtube it for a demo I am sure.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Well, so much for my rest day - I did Ripped in 30 (level 2) and I am doing an extra 50 crunches, 50 squats, and 50 push-ups for some extra toning while watching Hawaii 5-O.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I was a lazy bum this weekend. It was my bday so I had lots of company and such and that kept me from workoing out. I woke up Saturday morning early and even though my body wanted to workoutmy stupid brain was like "take a break! you toally deserve it!" so I stayed in bed even though I had itchy legs burning to get up and exercise. gah! I hate when my brain plays that trick on me! At least I didn't go overboard on the snacking this weekend.

But I'm back at er today. I had an awesome workout this morning and am pumped for a new week of challenges :happy:
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's mission is 50 sit-ups. I know they are brutal, but it is a great toning exercise. Check in when completed!!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Phew..completed my situps..They nearly killed me, but yes i completed them..yay!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    had a crazy night last night so I did not get my situps done. But have no fear! I'm planning to do double duty today and complete yesterday's and today's cahllenges this evening.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's mision is 50 push-ups done anyway you can (real ones, girlie ones, against the wall, etc). Just as long as you complete them. Check in when completed.

Mine are completed with 15 real ones and 35 girlie ones - I thought the 15 real ones were going to kill me, but I did it.
  • Mhaney
    Options
    30 so far today. whew! I was offered a free taekwondo class since I'm paying for my two kids to attend and was seriously thinking about it but if i can't get 30 pushups in at a time i'm not sure if joining now is a good idea! maybe after doing this for a few weeks!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Pushups done..
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's mission is 75 squats. We got the hard ones out of the way for the week with the sit-ups and push-ups. Today's mission is a little easier. Check in when completed!!
  • Mhaney
    Options
    I endd up in the hospital yesterday so I couldn't finish my push ups. IDK if it's a smart idea to try squats today, I had a massive kidney stone attack and I haven't passed it yet. I am so sore on the right side, it is the biggest stone I've had in fifteen years. *sadface*
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Squats completed!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I endd up in the hospital yesterday so I couldn't finish my push ups. IDK if it's a smart idea to try squats today, I had a massive kidney stone attack and I haven't passed it yet. I am so sore on the right side, it is the biggest stone I've had in fifteen years. *sadface*

I would take it easy - you can always come back and do the squats later. You don't want to make things worse.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Well, I did complete today's mission - 75 squats in a row and my daughter did some too with me (she is at work with me today). Also, while at work I did some extra girlie push-ups (50) and 50 crunches - extra toning, and I ran in place for 30 mins and walked/stepped in place for 30 mins. I needed the extra calorie burn today because otherwise I would be over big time today - Burger king for lunch.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's mission is 50 reverse crunches. If you don't understand what a reverse crunch is I would recommend looking it up on youtube for a demo. It is a great exercise to work your lower abs. Check in when completed!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Completed - hoping to do atleast 2 circuits of Ripped in 30 - level 3. It is a brutal level, but I need the extra cardio today.