Your most embarrassing moment?

Options

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Here goes...

When I was a senior in high school I was trying on dresses at Nordstrom’s for the prom. One was very long on me and I wanted to go grab a pair of shoes that I had on hold in the shoe department to try the dress on with. So, I leave the dressing room and head out of the department and down the escalator. Everything seems fine until I reach the bottom of the escalator when I try to step off and the dress doesn't move. Turns out the dress is stuck in the escalator and is slowly being pulled off of me. My mom was there, and bless her, was panicked that somehow I'd magically get eaten by the escalator so she starts trying to pull the dress off of me too. Unfortunately for me the dress wasn't structured and was a spaghetti strap pull-on with no zippers, so it actually is coming off of me. By the time the maintenance man stops the escalator the dress is halfway down my body and I am covering my top half with my mom's cardigan. Fantastic. Turns out that the escalators were maintained just earlier that day and the company forgot to put the 'protective stopper' (aka: plastic yellow thing) back on the bottom of the stairs (which is supposed to help stop things like this from happening...). So a clerk cut off the bottom of the dress that was stuck so that I could hold the rest of it around me like a skirt on the way back to my clothes. Oh, and of course on my way back to my dressing room I ran into my prom date picking out a tie. Really, it was a day to remember.

The only bright spot was that Nordstrom’s let me have whatever dress I wanted complimentary because of the 'incident'.... of course that meant I picked out a $900 dress....and not surprisingly, that did make me feel better.

Gee if only you had a book like John did... lol
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i just remembered another one...

a friend and i had been voluntering at petsmart all day. her 8 year old stepdaughter tagged along all day and wanted to do her own thing when we decided to shop at michael's for a bit. she had been fairly good all day and had a lot of bored energy pent up so she was allowed to go. she grabbed her own shopping cart and tooled around the store. now and again we would catch a glimpse of her trying to hide from us.

we were walking down an isle and i heard her cart in the next isle. i hurried to the end of the isle and waited until she got to the end and jumped out in front of her, ands in the air, with a loud 'RAAAAAWWRR!' - only to see it was not my 8 year old friend but a lady just doing some shopping on a saturday afternoon. i said oh my gosh, i thought you were someone else, sorry! and walked away, redder than a stop sign. i think my friend pee'd her pants!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Heather< I think I'm gonna pee my pants... that is soooo funny- I can't even type... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well let's see, an outstanding humliating moment for me....

When I was in the sixth grade my family went on vacation to Canada. Like most 6th graders I started to sprout me some pretty fine boobies, if my sixth grade self did say so. (what they had to be a whole load of full AAA's right, something like that) So, I thought I had to be big stuff I guess and wear a TUBE TOP. Now, at this age I have a bratty little sister, six years younger than I.

(Can you see where this is going?) We were at the grocery store. I was bored and so was my little brat of a sister (I love her dearly, reallly I do) so we went outside in front of the store to wait on my parents. For some reason, we began to squabble like sisters do. In slow motion the little six year old brat gets ticked off at me and grabs the front of the tube top and BLOOP down it goes. Well this was the late 70's I think and tube tops were all elastic, and the dang thing got all rolled up and in my panic couldn't get it back up. When I got it up it was still all rolled up and BLOOOP my tiny new tatas were showing out the bottom. ALLLL the time in front of this huge picture window of the grocery store.

I thought I was going to DIE of humliation. I would have rather Pee'd my pants in public. (or so I thought...until that one happened on vacation in Virginia beach last year, and yes I found a fantastic lil pill to fix it ladies don't live with PP pants)

It was horrific!!!!!

You know, I still haven't got revenge on her for that one..hmmmm
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Heather< I think I'm gonna pee my pants... that is soooo funny- I can't even type... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :embarassed: i am such a DORK! i bring it on myself...
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    doing laundry at a laundry mat + morning sickness = embarrassment
    :laugh: that happened over a year ago & i still can recall it. IT's kinda funny now though
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me Sunday. On Saturday my husband and I bought new t-shirts at the Harley store. Well, I wore mine on Sunday. We were out and about shopping at Hasitng Music and I went to the bathroom. I looked down and I still had the XXL sticker on the front of my shirt!!!! I was so ebarrassed I had walked all over Target and Hastings like that. My husband hadn't even noticed!!!

I wonder how many people DID notice??????

Memaw

I wouldn't have been so embarrassed if it was a S instead of XXL!!!!!

:laugh: I've done that too - except it was pants and the sticker with the pant size was stuck on my rear end all day - no one said anything! :laugh: :noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ok here is mine...

When I was pg with my 2nd son, I was suffering terribly with many of the issues that pg mom;s face. I came home and went upstairs, and when I got to the top of the stairs, I felt like I was safe to let a little poot out.
    RAAAAAAAAAAAANRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNT, this LOUD long machine gun like noise came out.
    My hsband and 6 yr old son were down stairs. There was silence, and then my son said to my husband, "Was that mommy?"
    My husband said, "yes honey."
    My son replied with "Wow, that sounded like a man!"

That made me laugh so hard that I have tears rolling down my face!!! (Because it sounds like something I would do!!!!)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Here goes...

When I was a senior in high school I was trying on dresses at Nordstrom’s for the prom. One was very long on me and I wanted to go grab a pair of shoes that I had on hold in the shoe department to try the dress on with. So, I leave the dressing room and head out of the department and down the escalator. Everything seems fine until I reach the bottom of the escalator when I try to step off and the dress doesn't move. Turns out the dress is stuck in the escalator and is slowly being pulled off of me. My mom was there, and bless her, was panicked that somehow I'd magically get eaten by the escalator so she starts trying to pull the dress off of me too. Unfortunately for me the dress wasn't structured and was a spaghetti strap pull-on with no zippers, so it actually is coming off of me. By the time the maintenance man stops the escalator the dress is halfway down my body and I am covering my top half with my mom's cardigan. Fantastic. Turns out that the escalators were maintained just earlier that day and the company forgot to put the 'protective stopper' (aka: plastic yellow thing) back on the bottom of the stairs (which is supposed to help stop things like this from happening...). So a clerk cut off the bottom of the dress that was stuck so that I could hold the rest of it around me like a skirt on the way back to my clothes. Oh, and of course on my way back to my dressing room I ran into my prom date picking out a tie. Really, it was a day to remember.

The only bright spot was that Nordstrom’s let me have whatever dress I wanted complimentary because of the 'incident'.... of course that meant I picked out a $900 dress....and not surprisingly, that did make me feel better.

Daaaaaang, that was one way to get a KILLER dress!!
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a new one! This weekend since Texas weather is so crazy it was hot outside so and friend and I decided to go to the creek and go for a swim! Well we did not have any bathing suits! So decided to go in the nude! Well I am a teacher and in this small town every one knows everybody! When we got done walking back up the hill to get dressed and saw one of the boys in my class dad! Talk about embarressed! I saw him Monday when he dropped him off at school:blushing: He just smiled at me and didnt say a word.
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Okay I have a new one! This weekend since Texas weather is so crazy it was hot outside so and friend and I decided to go to the creek and go for a swim! Well we did not have any bathing suits! So decided to go in the nude! Well I am a teacher and in this small town every one knows everybody! When we got done walking back up the hill to get dressed and saw one of the boys in my class dad! Talk about embarressed! I saw him Monday when he dropped him off at school:blushing: He just smiled at me and didnt say a word.

HOLY MOLY!!! i am embarrased for you! :blushing:
  • AllenMom4
    Options
    Yeah it was bad! I am still embarresed and will be till the kid graduates in 11 years
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

HICCUP:flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all

These are TOO funny
    I also don't embarrass easily
    The only thing I can think of is I was set up on a blind date in college and went to a fraternity dance
    We had to take a party bus
    I didn't like the guy at all..total creep
    So, I distanced myself from him big time and found a Robert Smith look-a-like to hook up with instead (as in The Cure)
    Anyway, he got trashed and on the way home used the loud speaker on the bus to call me a HO and a bunch of other colorful names and told everyone he brought me as HIS date and I hooked up with someone else...blah blah
    He was a loser and after he sobered up, he apologized

Kim
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Hi all

These are TOO funny
    I also don't embarrass easily
    The only thing I can think of is I was set up on a blind date in college and went to a fraternity dance
    We had to take a party bus
    I didn't like the guy at all..total creep
    So, I distanced myself from him big time and found a Robert Smith look-a-like to hook up with instead (as in The Cure)
    Anyway, he got trashed and on the way home used the loud speaker on the bus to call me a HO and a bunch of other colorful names and told everyone he brought me as HIS date and I hooked up with someone else...blah blah
    He was a loser and after he sobered up, he apologized

Kim

wow - robert smith look a like! i would have gone for that too back then! :blushing: wonder what he is up to now? :tongue:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    want a go swimming?
  • AllenMom4
    Options
    For you John always!:wink:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I walked out ot the restroom once at work with my skirt tucked into my underwear in the back. Never did hear the end of that.:blushing: :blushing:
    I did this too but to make it worse, I had just started working at this BUSY office and had to walk down the LONGEST hall to get back to my desk. The bathroom that was close to my office was under repairs so all of the executives got to see my backside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Right. So we're driving along and I see my brother. "STOP THE CAR!" I shouted and before the driver could stop properly I launched myself out of the car and went running down the street. I threw myself at my brother, hugging him tightly and happily since I hadn't seen him in awhile...

just to pull back and realize it wasn't my brother. It was his very convincing doppleganger!

ARGH!

SO EMBARRASSING!!!!!