Dumbest things you ever believed

Options

Replies

• jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I discovered Santa wasn't real when my age got to double figures, but it wasn't til I was about 15 years old that I FINALLY realised who had been eating the mince pie and drinking the milk I left out for him when I was a child! MY MUM.... DUHHH!!!
  • tina2222
    Options
    oh

Until I was 16 I thought kissing was "oral" lol

ahahahah! hilarious! ALOL (actually laughing out loud)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ive always thought that 'Buckingham Palace' was in Paris. It was only few years ago I found out it was in London.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Oh and another ive just remembered! When i was little I asked my mum where i came from, and she said I brought you from Morrisons (the supermarket) :laugh: LOL. i actually believed her untill i was like 11 when i found out where i was REALLY from!
  • BittLynne
    BittLynne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My step dad told me olives were bugs so I'd eat them.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    Until I was about 15 I thought weight was predetermined like height. I had no idea that what you ate affected what you weigh.:embarassed:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    When i was like 5 my mom was mopping the floor with mr. clean and I was like "MOM why isn't mr. clean showing on the flooor!!?" lmao..
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    I believed that my grandfather could actually disconnect the top part of his thumb from the bottom. He did that trick so well! I also though he was getting rich from pulling quarters out of my ear.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Until college, I used to see cooking shows on TV and think - do they tell you what ingredients you'll need for the next week? How else would people be able to follow along and cook with them if they don't have everything all set out? And what if you didn't have a TV near the kitchen? It never occurred to me that you could just write it down.....
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    That doing a certain thing would make you go blind. eeek.gif

Thankfully it only gives you bad eyesight and needing glasses. :embarassed:

Some things are worth wearing glasses.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thinking I could change my idiot ex-husband. Guess that's why he's the ex-husband!!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Apparently, I listened to my dad who told me Jello was alive and thats why it shook when you tried to eat it. My parents tell me I used to scream and cry whenever they put a spoon of it near my face. :embarassed: :laugh:

hahahaha thats horrible
  • gerrod81
    Options
    I believed babies were made by peeing on a girl.

Glad that one was a myth!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    My step dad told me olives were bugs so I'd eat them.

the fact that that made you eat them makes wish i hung out with you then. You would have been the cool girl in my book.

My mom told me that my stuffed animals had feelings and i believe her. I treated those things better then my pets.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    One night, I happened to wake up at the same time I was rolling away from the wall. So I thought when you were dreaming, you went into the walls of your house. XD
  • krik84
    krik84 Posts: 47
    Options
    oh

I thought oral sex was just talking dirty
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    oh

I thought oral sex was just talking dirty

looks as if we both had poor sex education lol

I'm not even going to say what I thought a B J was.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I believed that pubic hair was only curly if you got it permed.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    My boys thought babies came out of butts until they got trapped in the hospital room while I was giving birth to their sister they were stuck at the foot of the bed because she just kinda slipped out, my boys were in a sick sort of awe and disgust/ shock " Mommy she came out of there" pointing to their own crotches. We had to redo the talk were they had to tell me how babies came,lol.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When I was little I saw a commercial for these markers that are supposed to make whatever you draw look 3D. The commercial was a cartoon where whatever the kids drew would come to life including a cheetah. I HAD to get those markers because, you see, cheetahs were my favorite animal and I believed that if I got these special markers and drew a cheetah that I would then have my own live pet cheetah.

BOY was I pissed when I finally got those dam markers!