Replies

• sexymiss2011
    sexymiss2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 my goal weight is 130lbs.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" goal weight is 115 current weight is 143....shouldn't take to long.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    18% body fat
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I see no difference between goal weight and ultra goal weight.
    Mine is 160 at 5'8"

A goal weight is what you're aiming for. I think an ultra goal weight is like the lowest that you would let yourself go.

I'm 5' 5
    My goal weight is 130 lbs but my ultra goal weight is 115 lbs. (Assuming I correctly know the definition of an ultra goal weight)
  • CarlaJean140down
    CarlaJean140down Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    all time heaviest weight -310 LBS
    CW- 166lbs
    UGW 150lbs
  • stardozer
    Options
    im 5'1ft and my UGW is 125.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1" and my goal is to get down to 20% body fat percentage.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So are we pretending that UGW to most of the world means UNDER goal weight? And is a really common acronym in the eating disorder community?

I am really shocked at how litle some people want to weigh.
  • savismommy
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and UGW is 130 for me.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    hummmm least see cw124 5'1 ulimate goal weight 115 but who know what my body will decide. I'll keep doing what I'm doing till my body does want to do it anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I will be totaly happy somewhere between 140-150 pounds no specific # some somewhere in that range and tone :) I`m 5foot 5inches tall :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am really shocked at how litle some people want to weigh.

Well, different people carry weight differently. What suits one person's body may be too high/low for someone else to look and feel healthy, even if they are the same height. Personally, I have a very small frame... tiny wrists, no butt/hips... lol
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 165 lbs. Ultimately, I'd love to be 135!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Mine is 160 at 5'8"

A goal weight is what you're aiming for. I think an ultra goal weight is like the lowest that you would let yourself go.

I'm 5' 5
    My goal weight is 130 lbs but my ultra goal weight is 115 lbs. (Assuming I correctly know the definition of an ultra goal weight)

Can we talk about this? Why should we even be discussing 'the lowest that you would let yourself go'? That sounds like an unhealthy thought process - "Tell me what the lowest of the low you would ever let yourself get." why? How about we focus on being "our most healthy" weight, because clearly this ideal of "Ultra Goal Weight" and "Lowest you would go" just doesn't sound like a fitness goal at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression the vast majority of us on MFP are here because we have a hard time getting to and maintaining a healthy weight, whether that's above or below what is appropriate for our height, age, and muscle mass.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my UGW is 99lbs, then I would have about 10% body fat and my stomach wouldn't sit in one saggy bean bag when I sit down.

uh that doesn't sound healthy.

^^^ I 2nd that ^^^

HEIGHT: 5'10"
    CW: 228
    GW: 173
    UGW: 158

Just wanna be healthy, fit, trim and the best version of me possible no matter what the numbers end up being.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and UGW is 115. Only 15 pounds to go!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    So are we pretending that UGW to most of the world means UNDER goal weight? And is a really common acronym in the eating disorder community?

i always thought it meant ultimate

I've been hearing it often, and always meaning under...I'm more than happy to be wrong, but for some of these people...I highly doubt that I am wrong...

I hate to say this....but that is the way it appears unfortunately :/

I am 5' and my goal is 105 lbs. According to my body fat measurements from the past, that is about as low as I should go, and I think that is where I will be happiest. I am at ~110 right now and I definitely don't feel I am at my goal, but fairly close to it. The closer I get the more I think 105 is appropriate. We'll see as I get closer though! BF is more of a concern than the # on the scale to me, just hard to get an accurate measurement of it, unfortunately, but I base it on my previous measurements to find what seems to be my average "lean body mass."
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Mine is 160 at 5'8"

I'm 5' 5
    Can we talk about this? Why should we even be discussing 'the lowest that you would let yourself go'? That sounds like an unhealthy thought process - "Tell me what the lowest of the low you would ever let yourself get." why? How about we focus on being "our most healthy" weight, because clearly this ideal of "Ultra Goal Weight" and "Lowest you would go" just doesn't sound like a fitness goal at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression the vast majority of us on MFP are here because we have a hard time getting to and maintaining a healthy weight, whether that's above or below what is appropriate for our height, age, and muscle mass.
    Thank you, my friend. You said what I was implying, in a very subtle way. 160 is the lowest I will try to go...
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mine is 160 at 5'8"

I'm 5' 5

I have only heard it used as "ultimate," as in "when I reach this weight, I will consider myself DONE and begin to maintain." That's just me. I use it as the final goal, as opposed to the mini-goals along the way.
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i'm 5' 7" and my ultimate goal weight is 150#.