Do guys like hairy legs???

Options

Replies

• Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I have hair on my legs so I'm comfortable with it. Wait, you meant women?!? If she is from East Germany(yep aging myself kids) then it is fine; if it is braided even better.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    This is when being single ain't so bad lol. My skin gets so dry in the winter no matter how much lotion I use or water I drink. It becomes painful to shave. I don't go all winter without shaving, but I don't shave every day like I during warmer weather either. The upside, no one complains :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Even if I somehow ended up with a guy that didn't mind, I prefer completely hair free. Except on my head.

TMI!!!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You saw me? Oops. I thought I was hidden well enough. :happy:

Just kidding. I've seen and known people who either don't shave or only shave from the knee down. For the ones who don't, from what I know, its a Religion thing. Not drawing unnecessary attention to themselves, no vanity, modesty type thing. For the ones from the knee down, just laziness. They only shave the part that is seen when wearing skirts/shorts. Either way, I wouldn't like it. For me, shaving is hygiene issues.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I had a boyfriend once who asked me grow my leg hair out and bleach it. :bigsmile:

The upkeep was horrible though, because I always had dark roots. :blushing:
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Just kidding. I've seen and known people who either don't shave or only shave from the knee down. For the ones who don't, from what I know, its a Religion thing. Not drawing unnecessary attention to themselves, no vanity, modesty type thing. For the ones from the knee down, just laziness. They only shave the part that is seen when wearing skirts/shorts. Either way, I wouldn't like it. For me, shaving is hygiene issues.

Women in Cali only shave below the knee. I've never heard it called being 'lazy' before.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I had a boyfriend once who asked me grow my leg hair out and bleach it. :bigsmile:

LOL I never was asked to bleach but I did have an ex who was obsessed with pit hair.

That's when I discovered it was soft like a kitten.

Here is a visual...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9z87jFYUJgucEDzrQWzcjJdL5Hr-nKPt1HFvF7sKPXMO-IhU8
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I understand why some women of color don't shave (even a small nick will leave a scar), but surely they can wax!
    You're kiddin', right? Have you ever waxed? Do you have any idea what it feels like? It hurts like hell, especially if your leg has been operated and the nerves (= feel) are not normal...
    I couldn't wax even before the surgery!

Is it weird that I hate shaving, but I love waxing? Riiiiip!! Hairgone!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Shaving is a person's personal business in my opinion. A woman should shave her legs....however often she wants to. It's her body and definitely NOT some random person's business.

That being said, I generally go by the "shave or wear pants" rule. And no, I don't shave every day...or even every other day. Becase for some women, shaving isn't a quick 5-minute thing, it's a hassle. I have fair skin and black hair. And I naturally have a lot of thick, black hair on my legs. I also happen to have very sensitive skin. What does all of that equal? Waxing is OUT of the question (yeah, going 2 weeks straight without wearing shorts, skirts, or dresses when I live in FLORIDA....NOT happening!), shaving my legs is an additional 25-minute process in the shower (and is therefore not feasible if I'm short on time), and I seriously CAN'T shave daily (unless I want rashes and burns all over my legs, of course!). So I typically shave 2-3 times per week. And I'm fine with that. There's nothing "disgusting" about having hair on my legs, it's the way my amazing body was made! :wink: And any man I'm with is just going to have to suck it and deal or leave.

Honestly, it's just hair. Who cares? :laugh:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Women in Cali only shave below the knee. I've never heard it called being 'lazy' before.

I should have clarified that. I meant for the few that I personally know who only shave from the knee down. One of the girls told me it was just because she was too lazy to do the full leg, one of them said no need to because she didn't have a bf at the moment and didn't want to make the effort. Another told us it was because her mom told her to do it that way and she just didnt care to add another chore. This is in my group of friends and the discussion came up during bathing suite season. They were surprised that people would go throigh the trouble to shave their legs and other body parts on a regular basis. I wouldn't know the reasons for other people, my opinion is just based on people I knew.

And I do know some girls who shave very infrequently because the have fine, light hair so it isn't noticeable. And that's fine, but these girls have very visible dark hair. If I didn't have such dark, coarse hair I would shave less often.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options

LOL I never was asked to bleach but I did have an ex who was obsessed with pit hair.

Here is a visual...

:sick:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, gender roles. Women need to shave their legs and men aren't supposed to.

So weird.
    What's weird about it?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, gender roles. Women need to shave their legs and men aren't supposed to.

So weird.
    What's weird about it?

Um... that they are completely arbitrary, so deviation from them shouldn't be viewed as "weird"? Just a guess.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Derp, derp double post.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I would have to say its a deal breaker for me.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Here is a visual...

So I take it you don't think that kitten is cute?
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I would have to say its a deal breaker for me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hearts will now break across the world.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Here is a visual...

So I take it you don't think that kitten is cute?

hahahahaha poor kitty...this post entertains me too. thank you hairy fetish man for reviving it
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I find this thread very sad - so many posts telling people that an artificial cultural norm is so important that it is disgusting and weird if people don't follow it.

Yes I shave my legs and my underarms, but I recognize it is a cultural norm, not a necessity, and people can exercise choice and free will about whether they follow it or not.

Fair enough, people having opinions on whether they personally like it or not - but so many saying all women should do this and so disgusting if they don't. :frown:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Visually...I like smooth legs on a woman. My woman shaves hers. As for what the rest of the fairer sex does; it's their choice.

As for how it feels; I love the smooth feel of my wife's smooth legs. As for the rest of the fairer sex; it doesn't matter, I'm not allowed to touch.