MMA Frauds

Options
JaydeSkye
JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
WHY does EVERY middle aged, out of shape guy alllllllll of a sudden want to be an MMA fighter? Why do they ALLL of a sudden think they're hardcore because they bought some "Tapout Gear" at the mall and show up for a few "cardio" classes at the local "MMA school" that just popped up? Why do they call themselves trained fighters when they've never earned a belt in any one of the martial arts? Why do they think they're all knowing about nutrition because they've seen a few infomercials, google'd a few diets of fighters and watched some dvds? Why do they have this holier than thou attitude when it comes to fitness? And... for the life of me I cannot understand, how do they do all of this while sporting a beer gut??? Anyone???

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    LMFAO!! i have no idea..but i'll tell you this..i can barely sit through a heavyweight mma fight as it is...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    That is pretty funny! I have a couple tapout gym shirts because of how they fit. I don't get the whole MMA desire either. It's like people have this need to feel bad *kitten*..

Raising my family, getting myself healthy and sexy is bad *kitten* enough for me. The guys that want to hug other sweaty guys and throw punches can have at it.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Hahaha... my friends and I have been training in Muay Thai for few years. We'd always make fun of people who come to check the gym out dressed in their affliction and tapout gear.

Then those posers who wear all that stuff to watch the fight at the bars. Makes me giggle.

*tee hee*

Edit: BTW... it's not just the middle aged guys, it's mainly 18-26 year olds. At least from what I've seen.
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    I find these imposters embarrassing.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the giant stickers on their trucks!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    hmmmm
    well at least i don't have a gut and i have no idea what tapout gear means.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I actually LIKE Tapout and Affliction clothing: guys are now somewhat pre-screened for douchey-ness, and you know EXACTLY who to avoid!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I got a whitebelt in BJJ..can I claim MMA status now?
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I actually LIKE Tapout and Affliction clothing: guys are now somewhat pre-screened for douchey-ness, and you know EXACTLY who to avoid!

Add Ed Hardy to the douche-detecting apparel.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Add Ed Hardy to the douche-detecting apparel.

How could I forget!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think we had this discussion before
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WHY does EVERY middle aged, out of shape guy alllllllll of a sudden want to be an MMA fighter? Why do they ALLL of a sudden think they're hardcore because they bought some "Tapout Gear" at the mall and show up for a few "cardio" classes at the local "MMA school" that just popped up? Why do they call themselves trained fighters when they've never earned a belt in any one of the martial arts? Why do they think they're all knowing about nutrition because they've seen a few infomercials, google'd a few diets of fighters and watched some dvds? Why do they have this holier than thou attitude when it comes to fitness? And... for the life of me I cannot understand, how do they do all of this while sporting a beer gut??? Anyone???

Oh my... this is right on! My gym is full of them. Post of the day.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    And dont forget the Walmart version of fight gear..forget the name of it though...
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to hit middle age so I can get punched in the nose.
  • leanne2376
    Options
    LMFAO that is hilarious
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    And why does it bother you so much? At least they're taking classes.

Blame Tapout for selling out - not the weekend warriors who support the brand and the sport.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    That is pretty funny! I have a couple tapout gym shirts because of how they fit. I don't get the whole MMA desire either. It's like people have this need to feel bad *kitten*..

Raising my family, getting myself healthy and sexy is bad *kitten* enough for me. The guys that want to hug other sweaty guys and throw punches can have at it.

well, as a sport, MMA is tops. but i think the OP is just talking about the douches walking around like the ed hardy crew lol
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    And... for the life of me I cannot understand, how do they do all of this while sporting a beer gut??? Anyone???

Thanks, now you've triggered that memory I've tried soooooo hard to forget of Big Country suffocating Kimbo Slice with his belly on Ultimate Fighter. Now I need a :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Why do they have this holier than thou attitude

Kind of like people who advertise themselves as "purrfect"?
  • mmcperez
    mmcperez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Now this is the outfit to be wearing.

vYPCs.jpg