MMA Frauds

Options

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Why do they have this holier than thou attitude

Kind of like people who advertise themselves as "purrfect"?

I had to clench to stop myself from peeing, that was so funny!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I stick to the theory that you go through life trying not to get hurt and have found that when you hit someone they have a tendency to want to hit you back so therefor it is in conflict with the theory.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    And why does it bother you so much? At least they're taking classes.

Blame Tapout for selling out - not the weekend warriors who support the brand and the sport.

This is exactly how I feel.

That being said... since starting Rushfit just over 2 weeks ago I totally want all the shwag.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

Blame Tapout for selling out - not the weekend warriors who support the brand and the sport.

This is exactly how I feel.

That being said... since starting Rushfit just over 2 weeks ago I totally want all the shwag.

hehehe me and my boyfriend got a week pass to a gym that teaches jiu jitsu and i'm soo excited :) i've always wanted to learn copoeira though
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hhahahhahahahahahahahahahaaa

Alright, so I'm not the only one that has noticed this??? Hahhahaa. Too funny.

And to the girls I offended: You can take all the cheap shots you want at me, it doesn't bother me much....... I'm still going to giggle when I watch these MMA guys prance into the "academy" that also offers spinning.

*I don't know for certain you're FEMALE, but insulting a pretty girl and defending douchebaggery seems pretty womanly to me. hahahaa.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I'm still going to giggle when I watch these MMA guys prance into the "academy" that also offers spinning.

Hahaha... it's what's referred to as a McDojo!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Seems the epidemic has spread to his neck of the woods too...

D_bags
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

This.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options

This.

No way. That's like saying "I'm not a crackhead... blame pop culture and my one hit a week."
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options

This.

No way. That's like saying "I'm not a crackhead... blame pop culture and my one hit a week."

I'm gonna say that it's safe to assume that you're also the one that internally mocks the overweight people in the gym, too. Because, they're probably not really there to try and improve their health right? They're just "posers" too, right? You know, in that workout gear they bought to improve on themselves?
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options

This.

How is wearing gear from a sport that you like comparable to crack? It's like wearing an NFL jersey or a livestrong t-shirt.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My buddy showed up wearing a shirt that said "Chuck Lidell" across his back the other night to a bar. I inquired if he had changed his name, to which he said no. Then I inquired about what would posess a man to pay money for a shirt with another man's name on it............doesn't make sense to me.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    insulting a pretty girl and defending douchebaggery seems pretty womanly to me. hahahaa.

i did not witness this happen in this thread.
    thank you for qualifying your statement.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

This.

You're doing it wrong.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I was actually slightly hurt when I read this topic because I have recently taken an interest in pursuing one of the fighting arts. This topic made me wonder if I'm hitting some weird "middle aged guy" phase. I just googled Tapout.. "TapouT is an American reality television series that focuses on the world of mixed martial arts."... No wonder I've never heard of it. So trying to piece together just what in the hell you're talking about... middle aged fat guys buy the tshirts and then take a few classes and decide they are bad-*kitten*. And somehow this offends you, like a lot. I guess I get where you're coming from. I have some analogous things that get me worked up. But I'm kinda relieved to discover that I'm not really the demographic you're slamming here. :smokin: .... but in case I am, I'm gonna take a few classes then come back and kick your *kitten*.. after I get the right sort of tshirts.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I got a whitebelt in BJJ..can I claim MMA status now?

Haha..my boys are on their way to yellow belts in BJJ.

There are always jokes going around about the guys in Affliction shirts. :laugh:
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I wear, on occasion, a simple black shirt with a krav maga symbol on it. I dont feel the need for anything else.

Nuff said.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I was actually slightly hurt when I read this topic because I have recently taken an interest in pursuing one of the fighting arts.

Go krav maga... MMA. muy thai, etc is for the ring- learn how to really bring the pain on the street... :)

(I will now sit back and wait for the flensing over this! :) )
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Since we're sort of on the topic...

I'm always wondering and maybe you guys can help, what's the word for female *kitten*?