MMA Frauds

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Since we're sort of on the topic...

I'm always wondering and maybe you guys can help, what's the word for female *kitten*?

Anita *kitten*? Or...Sheeneeda *kitten*?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    And why does it bother you so much? At least they're taking classes.

Blame Tapout for selling out - not the weekend warriors who support the brand and the sport.

This.

No way. That's like saying "I'm not a crackhead... blame pop culture and my one hit a week."

Before I actually try to respond to you, do you know any actual MMA guys? I mean, the kind who just don't associate with pretentious people who think they have a right to complain about entire groups of people? I know quite a few MMA guys (multiple belts, multiple styles) and never once have they complained about "posers" they don't give a crap.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    I got a whitebelt in BJJ..can I claim MMA status now?

Haha..my boys are on their way to yellow belts in BJJ.

There are always jokes going around about the guys in Affliction shirts. :laugh:

Awesome..I really need to get back into it..my whitebelt only has one stripe on it.. =(
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    I was actually slightly hurt when I read this topic because I have recently taken an interest in pursuing one of the fighting arts. This topic made me wonder if I'm hitting some weird "middle aged guy" phase. I just googled Tapout.. "TapouT is an American reality television series that focuses on the world of mixed martial arts."... No wonder I've never heard of it. So trying to piece together just what in the hell you're talking about... middle aged fat guys buy the tshirts and then take a few classes and decide they are bad-*kitten*. And somehow this offends you, like a lot. I guess I get where you're coming from. I have some analogous things that get me worked up. But I'm kinda relieved to discover that I'm not really the demographic you're slamming here. :smokin: .... but in case I am, I'm gonna take a few classes then come back and kick your *kitten*.. after I get the right sort of tshirts.

Um. Read the whole thing, you're missing the point here. They think that they're something hardcore because they are doing the equivilent of an aerobic class. To them, its not "workingout" its TRAINING. And YES I've heard them say some pretty nasty things to some other guys about fitness in general. I'd never talk badly about anyone trying something new or learning a new sport. The type of guys I'm talking about are NOT athletes. They're UFC fans at best.
  • JaydeSkye

Blame Tapout for selling out - not the weekend warriors who support the brand and the sport.

This.

No way. That's like saying "I'm not a crackhead... blame pop culture and my one hit a week."

Before I actually try to respond to you, do you know any actual MMA guys? I mean, the kind who just don't associate with pretentious people who think they have a right to complain about entire groups of people? I know quite a few MMA guys (multiple belts, multiple styles) and never once have they complained about "posers" they don't give a crap.

Actually, I do. I'm married to one that fights under American Top Team... not some corner lot that just went up. And he is the most humble guy I know, he'd help you with anything.

And, how in the world am I "pretentious"? Do you know the actual definition of that word, or are you trying to sound more intelligent? Because, pretentious does not fit. I never tried to make anyone believe I was an MMA fighter, or anything else that I am not.

If by groups of people you mean weak, trend followers... ok then, caught me there.

And, I know quite a few professional fighters myself. I'm not talking about them. I don't care what their perception of it may be.. I never asked them. BUT, I'm saying that *I* find it funny when these guys come in all decked out in their overpriced get-up and show up for the ONE class because it says "MMA" in the title. I think its silly.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member

I'm always wondering and maybe you guys can help, what's the word for female *kitten*?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, those are perfect!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member

Oh, those are perfect!

How about Purrfect Doucehbag?

....too much?
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go

Popcorn anyone?
  • SkateboardFi

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go

Popcorn anyone?

please. let's get some kool-aid too, popcorn makes me quite parched.
  • JaydeSkye

This.

I'm gonna say that it's safe to assume that you're also the one that internally mocks the overweight people in the gym, too. Because, they're probably not really there to try and improve their health right? They're just "posers" too, right? You know, in that workout gear they bought to improve on themselves?

No, no no... not at alllll. Honestly. I just think the whole UFC trend is silly. I don't think it has anything to do with fitness, which is my whole point... just because these guys take a few "MMA" classes, roll around on the mat for 10 minutes.. how does that make them fitness experts and make them feel the need to talk down to other guys and cite their MMA background as a souce. THAT is what I mean. Plus, they walk around like they're hardcore... and they're usually 5'7" skinny, but with a beer belly. Its just an observation. A funny one.

As for "fat" people in the gym.. I don't care WHAT you wear to the gym, really. I'm not there to look at you -- I'm there to workout. If I'm paying attention to what you're wearing, I'm wasting MY TIME. I don't care about brand names nor do I call people posers. Everyone at the gym has a different goal and I NEVER EVER think anything bad about ANYONE who is working out. Whether they're burning a million calories, or have to stop mid-way through the class. I always encourage everyone to improve themselves, not just in fitness but in anything that improves their lives.

You're obviously offended by my post - but don't twist it and turn it into something more than what it is...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I actually LIKE Tapout and Affliction clothing: guys are now somewhat pre-screened for douchey-ness, and you know EXACTLY who to avoid!

Add Ed Hardy to the douche-detecting apparel.

that's how I feel about lululemon
  • Gigi_licious

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go

Popcorn anyone?

Me too! What kind of kool-aid should we make? Fruit punch or grape?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Why do you hate?
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    I don't care about brand names nor do I call people posers. Everyone at the gym has a different goal and I NEVER EVER think anything bad about ANYONE who is working out.
    Why do they ALLL of a sudden think they're hardcore because they bought some "Tapout Gear" at the mall and show up for a few "cardio" classes at the local "MMA school" that just popped up?

Anyone?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    And dont forget the Walmart version of fight gear..forget the name of it though...

MMA Elite, I think it is.
  • SkateboardFi

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go

Popcorn anyone?

let's make *red*.

totally kidding. fruit punch mixed with grape sounds like a winner to me
  • Gigi_licious

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go

Popcorn anyone?

let's make *red*.

Ok, we'll make the red with the purple....so....brown? lol
  • SkateboardFi

Oh, those are perfect!

....too much?

lord...anddd here we go

Popcorn anyone?

let's make *red*.

Ok, we'll make the red with the purple....so....brown? lol

brown it is! we'll get reduced fat popcorn..you know..to watch our girlish figures and such.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

This.

Actually, I do. I'm married to one that fights under American Top Team... not some corner lot that just went up. And he is the most humble guy I know, he'd help you with anything.

And, how in the world am I "pretentious"? Do you know the actual definition of that word, or are you trying to sound more intelligent? Because, pretentious does not fit. I never tried to make anyone believe I was an MMA fighter, or anything else that I am not.

If by groups of people you mean weak, trend followers... ok then, caught me there.

And, I know quite a few professional fighters myself. I'm not talking about them. I don't care what their perception of it may be.. I never asked them. BUT, I'm saying that *I* find it funny when these guys come in all decked out in their overpriced get-up and show up for the ONE class because it says "MMA" in the title. I think its silly.

I do know what it means. You calling people "weak trend followers" proves my point nicely Thank you.

It's a shame your husbands humility hasn't rubbed off on you.