Oct. Challenge Week 1 Open!

Options

Replies

• brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday to everyone from Payne Springs, TX! :)

I think starting this Challenge on a weekend, for me, is coming out of my comfort zone! lol I'm a Registered Respiratory Therapist, and I work every weekend @ night, at a local hospital! (Fri-Sun) So working 12 hrs shifts, and trying to juggle a healthy lifestyle is sometimes a challenge in itself. My calorie day goes from midnight to midnight even on wkends, so its a bit tricky sometimes manipulating my eating schedule, but i manage!!

I'm happy to report that since midnight i haven't had any Diet Mt Dew or softdrinks at all.....which was hard last night(being it was a busy night)! I stayed away from chocolate, even after being offered it MANY TIMES! lol And this morning after getting off work, i met my sister at the local walking track and did a mile(in 16 mins). Tonight i am striving to take the stairs all night...last night i took them half the night.

Good luck to everyone!! I have all the faith in the world in each of you!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WTG Jen!!! You rock!!

I feel for ya, trying to take the stairs half the night @ work last night was rough!! My sister is around 350 lbs so i am trying to help her lose weight, and in doing that keeping myself motivated to lose more!! Anyway, I introduced her to the "KETTLEBELL" this week. Needless to say with all the squating involved, going down the stairs was fine, going up??? My thighs were screaming! LOL
  • usmcfemale
    usmcfemale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SW 146
    Goal 139
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Brandy: I'm a surgical technologist, so I know crazy work schedules! LOL Good for you about the pop! Very hard to do I know. Mt Dew was my favorite as well, and our patients bring things in now and again. I don't know how you do midnights! I have to drink 5 hour energy's. LOL They don't give me any jitters, or racing heart! LOVE them! I want to know what the heck do I do with that stinking kettlebell! They have a ton at the gym, but I don't touch them for fear of not knowing anything and looking like a total *kitten*. lol

I got all 8 glasses in today, thank god I was home almost all day, the bathroom and I are great friends! LOL

How did you all do????
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @Nicole, I'm a former Diet-Cokeaholic. I treat myself every so often with a cold one and have developed an affair with water and Hawaiian Punch sugar free on the go powder drink mixes. I feel your pain and it gets better once you brainwash yourself you gotta quit overindulging in soda.

@Jenn, I finished all my water, did some strength training today ala tree pruning with 3 lb loppers over my head for an hour. Arms are sore. Got my run into day too.

Tomorrow I'm loading up the bikes and hitting a bike trail with the family. Have a good night everyone, going to watch that 'vampire and werewolf' saga with the teen.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Awesome Kelly, Enjoy your movie!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    2kellyb63 - I too had an addiction to Diet Coke. I had to eliminate soda altogether to get over it. Although, I admit, I did have a Diet Coke last Wednesday (it was after Zumba and I was waiting for a pizza at the local bar - sounds terrible doesn't it). An aside - the pizza was delicious.

I am approaching 55 and my vanity hormones have kicked in. I refuse to get old or out of shape; I will not have high cholesterol, or walk with a no spring to my step. Seriously, I realize, I can only control so much. This past winter my weight bloomed and I decided to do something about it. I found MFP accidentally while looking for a calorie counter for my phone. What a happy accident! I am currently at my goal weight and want to stay there.

My diary is open to my friends; so friend me and you can peek all you want. Today was an under calorie, over water day. I did arm strengthening exercises and Hip Hop Abs as well as 30 minutes on the elliptical. I also bought a new lawn tractor, went to work, ate spaghetti and drank some wine. Overall a good day.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    ***NEW IDEA***

IF I CAN FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THE SPREAD SHEET OPEN TO EVERYONE, SO YOU ALL CAN ADD YOUR STATS, WILL YOU/DO YOU WANT TO DO IT???

Someone else on here has it open and they are going to message me on how to do it. If you want me to continue to do it it is not a big deal, I can. I just saw it somewhere else, and I thought I'd throw it out there. I know the best part of challenges is to focus on the work not record stats.

GIVE ME SOME IDEAS FOLKS!!!

:heart:

by the way from what I have seen so far, there is going to be some serious losses if everyone keeps going strong!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxTXEpIQxabdGR1U05jNGVkMTBLTi1kWmFvZk9RWEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

OK try to see if you can type something on the spreadsheet! Let's see if I did it!

For those of you who want me to handle it just message me weight!

Jenn
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I tried typing on the spread sheet and IT WORKED. Would you want to consider putting the names in alphabetical order (I am sure Excel could sort them for you), or is there a method to how they are listed?

Thanks again for all your hard work.
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    After a long day coaching JFL cheerleading (10-7), I finally got home did 30 Day Shred and at 9:00 am just now eating dinner! I'm really proud of myself for getting the workout in before I ate. I knew that I wouldn't do it if I ate first.
  • Brisin87
    Options
    i would definitely like to join i have veen slacking add me please
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    The vice I'm going to try to give up is.....sweet tea - I LOVE it!! I just started 30 Day Shred so the cardio and strength training should be easy to attain (assuming I do it everyday) . I don't always get 8 glasses of water in per day, I will have to be diligent about that. Comfort zone - I think this is going to be getting to the gym during the peak hours and facing people that I haven't seen in 9 months, when I was last there.:ohwell:
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I tried typing on the spread sheet and IT WORKED. Would you want to consider putting the names in alphabetical order (I am sure Excel could sort them for you), or is there a method to how they are listed?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Not sure of the formula to do that. I just added the names 1 by 1 as everyone said they were in... no method really. I will play with it and see...
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    oh! I did it! We are now in ABC order! Very cool!

Brisin87, You have been added, just need your weight!

Carrie_D, I was stuck on McD sweet tea! So good, and now it is too sweet for me! LOL
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I copied this from a friend! I hope it's not too mean, somedays I need this type of motivation!

LISTEN UP! "Go big or go home!"... I want to hear you scream this. You want changes? You have to work for it. Sweat for it. Bleed for it. I don't want to hear your lame excuses, I want to see WORK. Get off your azz and do it. Stop eating that junk. Get real, whole, healthy food in your diet. It's that simple. There's nothing hard or confusing about it. It's not rocket science. There is nothing to it, but to do it. Learn that, live that. Do you feel that? That is my foot in your *kitten*. Get to work. Make changes. Take pride in what you do, don't just half-*kitten* it. You get out of it what you put in. Bring it! or get out of the way.
  • amitcham4
    amitcham4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I weighed 227 on Friday. I really would like to be out of the 220's by Halloween, looking for the teens!

I logged all my food yesterday (even the bad for me fair food), but struggled with plain water. Time to give up ice tea and diet dr. pepper!

Thanks for organizing.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow challengers! :) I'm from Malaysia, a small country in Southeast Asia, very near to Singapore! (It's Sunday 8pm now where I live)

First and second day of October was relatively good...played some badminton with my family yesterday, and am nearing the end of completing the Level 2 of 30DS. I tried Level 3 today and my muscles were burning at the end, but in a good way! For those who want to get into strength training, the 30DS makes it more bearable as it is broken down into circuits which includes cardio and abs segments as well. When I tried to do strength training on its own, I found it strenuous and a bit monotonous, but when coupled with other exercises, the time seemed to move more quickly! Plus Jillian really makes you push yourself to the limit...she doesn't tolerate excuses!

My food vice for October is...RICE! it's a huge part of the Asian food culture...a staple food for most people. I was able to keep it out of my diet by substituting it with noodles or bread, but sometimes it just comes back to tempt me at family gatherings and dinners. Oh well, I guess I'll have to learn to control my portions and eat in moderation. :) How do you guys plan to 'control' your food vices?

Hope it'll be a productive month ahead! Please do feel free to add me and we can keep each other accountable! -Mabel.
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    I would like to join too please! Maybe this will be the boost I need to get going again.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Welcome to amitcham4 and wifewith2boys!!!

I plan on not keeping the food vice in the house! And when my hubby eats that carmello and asks me if I want a bite, I'm gonna say hell no!