Oct. Challenge Week 1 Open!

Options

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    TGIF is right!!! Hoping for 3 days of nothing mentally stressing!!!:ohwell:

Did great with my eating until yesterday....felt like poop with these stupid allergies
    and ran from call to call until 2030hrs without a chance to eat
    ....what was in front of me with a rumbling,grumbling tummy as I went back to the station??
    Jack in the Box.....yup...caved in, got 2 99c tacos....:tongue:

Today is another day....still have the allergy probs this am, but not as bad as yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • amitcham4
    amitcham4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge and I am loving having the extra motivation!

I struggle with squeezing in exercise vs. having time with the kids so this weekend I had them do it with me! While it may not be as intense as when I am by myself there is something great about trying to jog and keep up with my kids bike. Did over an hour of cardio yesterday, and 30 minutes of circuit training today. Still struggling with the water intake but bought a liter bottle today and going to try and get 8 cups in :) Taking that day by day!

Have a great and blessed day everyone!!
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Just wanted to drop by and say so far so good! I weighed myself (I weigh twice a week to make sure I'm on track) and I lost 1.8 lbs! This puts me officially past the half way mark to my goal. WOOHOO!!!

Also, I've made an exercise schedule to make sure I get in my strength training. Cardio is easy because I work out at the gym at school twice a week. My plan for strength training is to do the strength and abs part of 30 Day Shred, 3 times a week. This will put me at 36 minutes of strength training for the week. :)

So far so good on giving up my drinkable calories. We'll have to see if I can give it up for the whole month... I may have to allow myself 2 cheats a week so I can drink coffee on school days (I commute an hour and a half to get to campus twice a week and my first class is at 9 AM... I am not an early bird... Lol).

A tip for those struggling with staying under calories... I used to have that problem a lot, too. So now I plan my day the night before and stick to it. I usually overestimate how much I will want to eat (like, I plan for 2-3 snacks but may only end up eating 1-2) so that I don't get stuck hungry at some point during the day. If I end up not needing one of my snacks and am too far under calories, I will up a portion at dinner or get to enjoy a surprise dessert.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! :)
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i chickened out of eating in the staff room! im going to have to find another comfort zone thing because i just get too much anxiety when entering the room! i think it might be more then just what people say about my food because the girl who talks about it so much was away...
  • td03692
    td03692 Posts: 21
    Options
    my comfort zone was wearing a dress to a wessing this weedend. Something I have not done in 10 years. But I think I looked good, Im down to a size 12 from a size 22 (that was the size of the last dress I put on)
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Holly, I give you credit. I could never ever fast... It's ok not to eat in that room, don't feel bad.

Brandy, I am so proud of you with the chocolate and pop!!!

minadee, How about logging tomorrow tonight? After the kids are in bed???

iuangina, great idea! I am a sarcastic complainer at work as well. Maybe I will try that tomorrow!!! NO, I WILL do that tomorrow!!!

Pam, I bet working like you do, burned it right off!!!

amitcham4, awesome idea! My girls did the Leslie Sansone DVD's with me and my youngest was 6!!!

dkb, I am so happy you are doing so well on the pop! This is awesome!!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, today I stepped out of my comfort zone big time! I went to the gym and did a 30 minute class, called boot camp. It was very hard, and we did it as a group.

I also want to say to everyone... I am so proud of you! You all have been interacting so well, no one has been negative at all! This is why I love MFP!!! WE all are working very hard to over come fears, and log and drink... I just am so excited! You have no clue how much my motivation has shot up!

Jenn
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I had two GREAT workouts today! One with my trainer and the second on my own at an old stadium in town. Stairs are tough, but I really feel it in my butt now!

My vice is Jolly Rancher candies. There is a bowl on my desk and I didn't eat any today. I grabbed one and put it back and grabbed my cucumbers and bell peppers instead!

Trying to figure out what to do to step out of my comfort zone...
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just figured how to step out of my comfort zone!
    I promise to look in a full length mirror for at least one minute every day this week (and not think bad thoughts!)
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am blown away by all of you willing to exit your comfort zone. Some of you have taken on awesome challenges. You are all incredible. My comfort zone challenge will be not always comparing myself to other people. I hate judging myself by how other people look.As for what I will try to do without chips. After yesterday, this is a no-brainer. If you check my food diary, you will see that I ate what I think amounted to 800 calories of chips just snacking last night. I had to log them in today and exercise a bit more than usual to burn them off.

Keep up the excellent work you are all doing. I promise to read everyone's entry each day and smile at your successes.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! My week didn't get off to a good start...had trouble sticking to my food vice (RICE) yesterday, and ate a bowl of Thai fried rice which is sinfully delicious but simply not worth the calories. Oh well, I guess today is a new day.

And on the bright side, instead of hitching a cab from my college to the bank (which is about the distance of 1 mile), I decided to save a few bucks and walk. Felt great (and a little sweaty) afterward, but glad that I made the choice!

Hope you all are having an awesome week so far!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound horrible and it will really speak about my addiction to food BUT...
    I have a 45 minute drive home from work. I pass through 4 towns. 6 gas stations. I have been stopping at one of those gas stations on the way home at an increasing frequency to where it became every single day. i would stagger which one I went to be cause I did not want the people working there to see how often I came in for a slice of pizza, candy bar, burger, whatever, and start thinking bad about me. (Isnt the first sign of addiction the compulsion to hide your behavior?) I would justify it to myself by saying 1) I can't eat this in front of my husband because he will be mad so I will just have to eat it now while I have the chance (although that chance was coming 5 days a week) and 2)If I eat little snack now then I wont be so hungry at supper and I will be satisfied with a normal portion and he will be happy. (So basically everything circled around making my husband think I was eating good but that does not get me results! ACTUALLY eating good gets results.)

But today, for the first time in months, I did not stop at all! I did waited until I got home to eat supper like a normal person! It sucked when I drove by the places and thought about the food that I felt I was entitled to stop and get but I felt good when I got home and for once I did not feel guilty.

And now that I have gotten this all out in the open I am going to stick it into a blog because it is very much a part of me and how I think and have thought for many years and I want to change my thinking.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My week didn't start all that great. I actually took a day off from working out, But getting back on track tomorrow and planning to make up for today. Midterms are killing but I am surviving :-)
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    bekkadillon: Wonderful! I love hard candy as well at work when I really don't have time to drink!

mable: Wonderful on walking to the bank! I feel you about the rice, I love fried rice from the chineese place in town. Even the box mix isn't as good.

Ninja, I read this on your blog! :)

Geesh zoe! Good luck on the midterms! What about pacing while you study? LOL
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    My week hasn't been good so far :( I have been ill with a flu virus and had no appetite for food, just high calorie snacks :(

I think the virus is finally starting to go cos i am feeling a little better :) yey!

So i am jumping back on the wagon today and gonna eat better and drink gallons of water :D Not quite ready to get back on the treadmill tho, head and muscles still hurt, but hopefully i can hit it hard next week!

This group is great :) The support makes me want to get over this fast!
    xx
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound horrible and it will really speak about my addiction to food BUT...
    I have a 45 minute drive home from work. I pass through 4 towns. 6 gas stations. I have been stopping at one of those gas stations on the way home at an increasing frequency to where it became every single day. i would stagger which one I went to be cause I did not want the people working there to see how often I came in for a slice of pizza, candy bar, burger, whatever, and start thinking bad about me. (Isnt the first sign of addiction the compulsion to hide your behavior?) I would justify it to myself by saying 1) I can't eat this in front of my husband because he will be mad so I will just have to eat it now while I have the chance (although that chance was coming 5 days a week) and 2)If I eat little snack now then I wont be so hungry at supper and I will be satisfied with a normal portion and he will be happy. (So basically everything circled around making my husband think I was eating good but that does not get me results! ACTUALLY eating good gets results.)

But today, for the first time in months, I did not stop at all! I did waited until I got home to eat supper like a normal person! It sucked when I drove by the places and thought about the food that I felt I was entitled to stop and get but I felt good when I got home and for once I did not feel guilty.

And now that I have gotten this all out in the open I am going to stick it into a blog because it is very much a part of me and how I think and have thought for many years and I want to change my thinking.

:heart: I'm proud of you for sharing!! &for changing :)
  • tsvamp
    tsvamp Posts: 5
    Options
    :drinker: Ok been eating healthy the first week Egg whites and Watermellon for breakfast. Doing thirty minutes a day jogging with the dog. Down 5 LBS. WOO HOO..... 5 down 70 to go.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello!

So far, I am off to a 50/50 start for this week. I haven't got to logging like I should this week, but that will change today. I'm logging it ALL as of this moment. Water too, thought I do drink lots of it regardless. I have so far got in my "out of comfort zone" goal this week... I ran my first 5k! ..Which gave me another partial goal, I got in 36 mins of cardio doing it. I have curves today at lunch time, so there is another half hour of good solid cardio. Now, to do some strength stuff! haha.
    To answer you Jen, I haven't measured... but I'll forgo the first week and measure when I weigh this week.
    I am from Nova Scotia, anyone else here that can say the same? :)

Happy Tuesday all!! ...and you can check out my new blog post if you like, it's about running my first race! :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/warriorprincessdi/view/i-ran-for-the-cure-the-story-of-my-first-5k-154700
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good morning :-) I have done l with my water the past 2 days. As for my comfort zone not only have I started c25k but as of yesterday I opened my food log. That was not easy. I is so inspirational to see the work each of you are putting. I'm so proud of you!!!!