OCTOBER CHALLENGE *aggiecass09 and friends* CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I will post pictures tomorrow -- I haven't done it yet. But I'm sending you my measurements now since I doubt they will change by tomorrow...

I did the best I could:

bust: 35 in
    waist: 30.5 in
    hips: 37 in
    right bicep: 9.5 in
    right calf: 9 in
    right thigh: 16.5 in

Here are my pictures -- I quoted my measurements I took yesterday so it could be with the pictures also! Hope this works!!!

weightlossoct1stprogresspics0052.jpg
    weightlossoct1stprogresspics0022.jpg
    weightlossoct1stprogresspics0072.jpg

Also I hope I took all the pictures I was supposed to...

Just so you know my back is curved -- I have scolosis because of the Spina Bifida I was born with. My weight is 109.8 lbs as of this morning (10am)
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Are we tracking sleep by how much sleep we got the night before?
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have slightly different goals for the calories. I'm doing a 12 week nutrition and training plan at the moment so my aim is to stick to the requirements of the plan. They don't work with calories, more just specific numbers of servings and correct nutrients in each little meal. It means it doesn't always line up with the amount of calories I've had for the day, especially if I've done a whole lot of exercise.

And I'm not going to track my water, I know I don't have a problem with that one. It's just too many things to think about! I'm also doing a 10 wk group training for a half-marathon at the moment so I feel like I've definitely got enough to keep me busy in terms of daily requirements and monitoring!
  • nanegan
    nanegan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ok so here goes ... I'm posting this out there so I can be accountable to myself and commit to doing this challenge through the end of the month ... I don't mind posting pics of myself but I'm not a fan of these mainly because I'm still not a fan of how I look .. anywho this is about embracing change so here it is.

October 1 ... starting weight: 210 lbs

Measurements:

Calf 17.5
    Right Thigh 26.75
    Hips 44.25
    Waist 40.5
    Chest 44.5
    Right Bicep 14.5

And here are the starting photos:

Backview-2.jpg

Good luck to everyone :)
  • abellante_0205
    Options
    I plan to eat _____ +/- 100 calories a day (C), drink __64+__ oz. of water (W) , get 7+ hours of sleep (S), and to exercise (E) the following schedule (with ample rest days):
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you Cass! Thanks again for doing this yet again this month - and with double the group size! Go team!

October 1 ... starting weight: 140 lbs.

Measurements:

Calf 14.125
    Right Thigh 22
    Hips 38.875
    Waist 32
    Chest 37
    Right Bicep 11.125

Diet and Exercise goals:

eat 1400 cal, +/-100, drink 80 oz a day, get 7.5 hours or more of sleep, and exercise the following schedule:

M: Workout video + walk or run
    T: Rest
    W: Workout video + walk or run
    R: Rest
    F: Workout video + walk or run
    Sa: 5-7 mile run, or 10-20 mile bike ride
    Su: 7-10 mile run, or 30 mile bike ride

I have taken my before and after photos but after seeing the bikini shots on this thread, I think I might redo my shots in the morning. The bikini shows much more than my sports bra and yoga pants. Not sure yet if that is a good thing or a bad thing...

:)

Best wishes everyone!!
    -Emily (theemstress)
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes when I have a little sweet tooth craving! This isn't exactly filling, but if you're looking to nosh on something tasty and get another fruit in for the day, this is a good go-to recipe. Plus, with fall upon us, who doesn't love the smell of cinnamon and apples baking in the kitchen? :)

Baked Apple Chips

Slice apple(s) thin, toss with cinnamon sugar.
    Bake for about 1.5 hours at 250*.

Calories: About 99 cal per apple. I usually cut up about 4 apples, save half the batch.
  • abellante_0205
    Options
    Kudos to you Cass! Thanks again for doing this yet again this month - and with double the group size! Go team!

October 1 ... starting weight: 140 lbs.

Measurements:

Calf 14.125
    Right Thigh 22
    Hips 38.875
    Waist 32
    Chest 37
    Right Bicep 11.125

Diet and Exercise goals:

eat 1400 cal, +/-100, drink 80 oz a day, get 7.5 hours or more of sleep, and exercise the following schedule:

M: Workout video + walk or run
    T: Rest
    W: Workout video + walk or run
    R: Rest
    F: Workout video + walk or run
    Sa: 5-7 mile run, or 10-20 mile bike ride
    Su: 7-10 mile run, or 30 mile bike ride

I have taken my before and after photos but after seeing the bikini shots on this thread, I think I might redo my shots in the morning. The bikini shows much more than my sports bra and yoga pants. Not sure yet if that is a good thing or a bad thing...

:)

Best wishes everyone!!
    -Emily (theemstress)

Aww Its okay! :) Are you talking about my pictures? I don't have a sports bra so that idea wouldn't have worked for me but I found that bikini that I'm wearing in my pics and I didn't think it would fit me anymore -- its pretty old, I think I wore it last when I was 13 maybe??? and now I'm 26 1/2 AH lol I was surprised it fit again!!!! :) Yea the bikini seems to show more -- I used to take my pictures wearing a top and pants/shorts and you really can't see a huge difference in that -- well sometimes you can but not always. Good Luck with your journey!!!! :)
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    water disclaimer: if the 1 oz of water for every lb of weight doesn't agree with you (i.e. your pee is way clear and/or you "feel" too full) dont drink so much...it may be too much if you aren't active or if you have other medical issues (i'm not a doctor even though I took the mcat :)

you want your pee to be a pale yellow color so try to figure out what number works best for you...that 1 oz per 1 lb was a general guideline my trainer and my physician gave me (i exercise 6 days a week and live in a very humid/hot climate).
    I just want to quote this so you know YES--my water will be below this amount every day, per Docs orders... low HR, and too much water removes sodium/electrolytes that I actually need in my diet (I know--what a problem, right?! To keep MORE sodium in your system!). SO--my proposal... if we can all post or msg our water daily water goal (IF it is different than this) so we can be accountable for that amount each day :D
    So... my daily goal is 80 oz on rest days, and 100-110 oz on w/o days :drinker:

I have the same problem. In fact, a few days ago I way-overhydrated in preparation for my long run and I felt it for the next 24 hours. Fatigued, lightheaded, low heart rate, low bp--just all around not good. I know better, but sometimes I just don't think!

Anyway, I'll be aiming for 10 cups of water on rest days and 12-13 on days I run or work out.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Diet and Exercise goals:

Zig Zag calories ... Monday - 1849; Tuesday - 1680; Wednesday - 2016; Thursday - 1680; Friday - 1680; Saturday - 2184 and Sunday - 1680; I plan to drink at least 160 ounces of water a day (20 glasses). I HOPE to get 7.5 hours of sleep and my workout schedule will be:

M: 40 minutes of the elliptical with HIIT intervals; Ripped in 30 and ab work
    T: 30 minutes on the bike; Bowflex and ab work
    W: 40 minutes of the elliptical with HIIT intervals; Ripped in 30 and ab work
    Th: 30 minutes on the bike; Bowflex and ab work
    F: Bike ride or elliptical
    Sa: Bike ride, elliptical; long walk; yard work
    Sun: Rest
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yay so excited to get started and have a scale free month!!! :) Thanks soooooo much for putting this all together Aggie, major kudos!

So my cal goal is 1400 each day. I am actually not looking to lose any more weight really (I'm about 120) but I am looking to push my BF% down from 22.5 and make me some muscles - strong is the new skinny right :) My water goal is 80oz (that's ten cups right?) and I would LOVE to get 7.5 hours sleep :)

Workout schedule is
    M: Run
    T: Strength + Hill work
    W: Yoga + Tempo Run
    T: Zumba
    F: Yoga
    S: Strength + Run
    S: Yoga + LSD Run

I am super excited about doing the push up challenge, I have been working on my "proper" push ups recently :)
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    First goal: I want to eat ____ calories a day (+/- 100 a day)

This one is hard because its more complicated than that to me... I don't like NET so much so... I think without exercise I want to eat between 1200-1500 anywhere in there is fine...

I want to do my 30DS every day for the next 8 days... Will end on 10/10...1200- 1500 calories IN is fine for this but NOT if I exercise much more, and I plan to but not pegging it down better than that... 30DS is my goal, everything else is bonus...

When I do Leslie's 4 fast miles (540 cal burn) I don't worry to eat them all back and I am fine with eating anywhere from 1200-2000... if that makes sense...

Next goal is how much water: I want to drink ____ oz of water aday.

This one is easy. 1/2 body weight in ounces= 95oz a day...

Get 7+ hours of sleep a day is a predetermined goal of the group and I can almost ALWAYS check this one off...

Next one is exercise schedule:

I am supposed to make goals for the whole month but havent decided just yet what I want to do after the 30DS so... I want to at minimum do my 30DS everyday through the 10th... anything else is bonus... After that I WILL have exercise but havent decided yet.

Next goals are week 1, 2, 3, 4, October, 1 year, 5 year and long term goal...

Week 1 (1/2- 1/8... Well, I want to do what I said above, everyday... and do a good bit of extra burn at least 3500 calories each week... 30DS is (230*7) 1610 calories so I need to burn at least 1890 calories in other ways... average of 270 calories extra a day. Also need to figure out what my next exercise schedule will be so that I do not miss a beat.

Week 2... Same thing as week 1 except,presumably, not figuring out new exercises.

Week 3... same thing

Week 4... Same.

October: I want to lose at least 5 pounds... I know that doesnt sound like much but I have been on a plateau FROM THE START and havent lost anything really since I started on 8/22.

1 Year: I hope to be to my goal of 150 and have maintained it for a while (however long it has been since I got there :p

5 year: To NOT go back to my old ways and keep up the results I worked so hard to get. I honestly think MAINTENANCE is the hardest part...

Long term: Same thing as 5 year...

Wish me luck!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone. I've been MIA and out of town for a wedding. Ill have to catch up on everything tomorrow after physical therapy. But what I do know is my start weigh is 176. Not to shabby starting at 181 in Sept. And nursing injuries and not working out.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

OK, lots to do in prep for starting this challenge and a crazy weekend so I'm going to have to do this in separate posts. Also, I will be gone from Oct 22-29 (Vacation in Maui - delayed trip form our 10 yr anniversary last year that got derailed by my surgery and my grandmother's passing) Soooo, I will do the best I can but it's gonna be a wild October.

10/1 starting weight: 158.0
    10/1 Starting measurements:

right thigh: 22 1/4
    hips:41 13/16
    waist: 32 5/8
    bust/chest: 39 3/4
    right arm: 13
    calf: 15 1/2
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    GOALS:

Week 1 - Stay within my calorie goals. Drink at least 96 ounces of water daily, Walk for an hr or swim during lunch during the week, accomplish a long walk one day this weekend and rest one day, do the october goal challenges, do the humpday challenge and successfully complete week three of the Biggest Loser Jump start Video.

Week 2 - Stay within my calorie goals. Drink at least 96 ounces of water daily, Walk for an hr or swim during lunch during the week, accomplish a long walk one day this weekend and rest one day, do the october goal challenges, do the humpday challenge and successfully complete week 4 of the Biggest Loser Jump start Video in the evening.

Week 3 - Stay within my calorie goals. Drink at least 96 ounces of water daily, Walk for an hr or swim during lunch during the week, accomplish a long walk one day this weekend and rest one day, do the october goal challenges, do the humpday challenge and alternate Bob Harper's weight loss yoga and cardio DVDs and a three mile walk in the evening.

Week 4 - Use the wealth of knowledge I have gained over the last year to incorporate exercise, eat relatively healthy, and enjoy my vacation and not totally blow it!

For October in general I would like to be at my personal goal weight of 153.

1 Year - I hope to be comfortably in my goal weight range of 150 - 155 and maintaining. I also hope to have toned myself a bit and lost some of my unsightly "battle scars" from years of weight abuse and subsequent weight loss.

5 years and beyond - I hope to still be embracing my new active and healthy lifestyle and comfortably in maintenance mode. I would like to continue to push myself outside of my comfort zone and never again be complacent. I don't want to ever go back to where I was.
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    So, this part of the challenge is taking me WAAAY out of my comfort zone, posting photos that reveal every little flaw. I mean, yes, I look a whole lot better than I did 97 pounds ago, but there's no hiding these flaws. I guess it's part of the journey and a reminder of where I never what to go again. Hoing to see some changes by Oct 31, but I also recognize that I have abused my body from a weight perspective for most of my life, and its going to take a lot more than a year to undo years of damage. Soooo, here goes:

oct1pix-1.jpg
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    First goal: I want to eat ____ calories a day (+/- 100 a day)

This one is hard because its more complicated than that to me... I don't like NET so much so... I think without exercise I want to eat between 1200-1500 anywhere in there is fine...

I want to do my 30DS every day for the next 8 days... Will end on 10/10...1200- 1500 calories IN is fine for this but NOT if I exercise much more, and I plan to but not pegging it down better than that... 30DS is my goal, everything else is bonus...

When I do Leslie's 4 fast miles (540 cal burn) I don't worry to eat them all back and I am fine with eating anywhere from 1200-2000... if that makes sense...

Next goal is how much water: I want to drink ____ oz of water aday.

This one is easy. 1/2 body weight in ounces= 95oz a day...

Get 7+ hours of sleep a day is a predetermined goal of the group and I can almost ALWAYS check this one off...

Next one is exercise schedule:

I am supposed to make goals for the whole month but havent decided just yet what I want to do after the 30DS so... I want to at minimum do my 30DS everyday through the 10th... anything else is bonus... After that I WILL have exercise but havent decided yet.

Next goals are week 1, 2, 3, 4, October, 1 year, 5 year and long term goal...

Week 1 (1/2- 1/8... Well, I want to do what I said above, everyday... and do a good bit of extra burn at least 3500 calories each week... 30DS is (230*7) 1610 calories so I need to burn at least 1890 calories in other ways... average of 270 calories extra a day. Also need to figure out what my next exercise schedule will be so that I do not miss a beat.

Week 2... Same thing as week 1 except,presumably, not figuring out new exercises.

Week 3... same thing

Week 4... Same.

October: I want to lose at least 5 pounds... I know that doesnt sound like much but I have been on a plateau FROM THE START and havent lost anything really since I started on 8/22.

1 Year: I hope to be to my goal of 150 and have maintained it for a while (however long it has been since I got there :p

5 year: To NOT go back to my old ways and keep up the results I worked so hard to get. I honestly think MAINTENANCE is the hardest part...

Long term: Same thing as 5 year...

Wish me luck!

Not only will I wish you luck, I will also say that you are sooo gonna kill this! Don't forget, I'm still gonna be posting my Humpday Challenge! Have a great Month!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Weight 9/25 - 174.2lbs

Measurements from 9/29
    Bust: 41.75
    Waist: 30.5
    Abdomen: 42.5
    Hips: 42

Diet and Exercise goals:
    stay within my zig zag cals each day 1400-1685 depending on the day
    drink 100+ oz a day of water
    to workout 5-6 days a week
    7-7.5hr of sleep a night

Workout schedule:
    M: 40 min run while son @ tae kwon do + 60 mins trainer workout (strength) w/cardio warm up & cool down after kids go to bed
    T: 75 mins on treadmill watching biggest loser (5miles)
    W: 60 mins trainer workout (strength) w/cardio warmup & cool down after kids go to bed
    T: 60 mins trainer workout + 45-60 mins cardio before & after
    F: REST
    S: 40 min run while son @ tae kwon do, possible 20 min run while daughter @ cheerleading
    S: either 3 mile beach walk or treadmill run or REST day

I need to take before pics tomorrow night before I head to the gym. I was out with kids all day yesterday and my hubby was gone with them all day today.

Goals:
    Weeks 1-4: to follow workout schedule, water, menu plan and get the sleep I know I need
    Wks 2-4: continue to menu plan and prep dinners for the week on sat or sun before grocery shopping.

October: Get out of the 170s - 10/31 goal is 167 and I just want to no longer see 17X even on a "bad" day...

October 2012 : turn 40 and be so happy in my "new" body as I continue to maintain between 140-150. Working out 4-5 times a week. Perhaps recently recovered from a tummy tuck if I choose to do it once I reach my goal. Getting a "gold" star on my newly shaped and trim hip bone to celebrate my amazing transformation of losing 120ish lbs from my highest weight.

5 year: Living a healthy and happy life with my husband and my 2 kids, they will be 12 and 9 - probably asking for as much help as I can get with an adolescent girl living in my house.

Long term: Same thing as 5 year plus sending my kids off to college and enjoying us time with my hubby.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Hey, fellow challengers! I'll have to post my starting measurements tonight, that info is at home.

My goal during each week this month (Monday - Friday): eat planned meals and stay within weekly calorie allowance (I try not to think on a day-to-day basis, but on a weekly basis). Drink 80 ounces water daily. Here is my planned exercise schedule this week:
    M: Zumba, calisthenics workout
    T: Zumba, calisthenics workout
    W: walk 30 min at lunch, walk 35 minutes after work
    Th: Zumba, calisthenics workout
    F: walk 30 min at lunch, 35 minutes after work

And for the weekends, my goal is to log my food (I'm BAD about this on the weekends) and get in some exercise. In order to meet these goals, I am going to plan my meals for the week every Sunday, and always have a full bottle of water at my desk. I don't typically have a problem meeting my exercise goals.

As for long-term goals, I really don't know. I guess I'd like to be at my goal weight by my first wedding anniversary (March 2012). At some point in my life, I'd like to run a marathon and have children, but that doesn't have to be any time soon. :smile: